Should I have been banned for the last week?

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: Should I have been banned for the last week?

Postby Marlow » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:17 pm

Anthony Treacher wrote:I am an educated man of 73 and I may know more of this than you think.

That is not the issue. Your combative contentiousness is.
Marlow

Postby Anthony Treacher » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Blues. Still preaching?

Do you not understand how condescending you are? How can you now possibily infer anything about what I wrote on that masters forum? People like you stifle any discussion and make redress of injustice impossible. I politely wrote on that masters athletics forum that the suspended athlete and his USA relay teammates should return their gold medals. And I took measures quietly offline to ensure that it happened. Ask the WMA President.

As to the racist terminology business, you are bashing on open doors. You must understand that I have taken onboard everything you said.

However I would like to hear from a non-white that he would prefer to be called a "Non-White" and not a "Colored." That is because for every image you produce juxtaposing "Whites" and "Coloreds" in the US, I can produce an equivalently disgraceful image juxtaposing "Whites" and "Non-Whites" in apartheid South Africa. So as an inocent abroad, I honestly do not see any progress in being called a "Non-White" instead of "Colored." Get it?

Anyway you can have the last word. Try to keep it on topic.
Anthony Treacher

Postby Tuariki » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 pm

Hmmm. I think I might qualify for non-white. Although my Mum is white from Blackheath, London my father is Maori; maybe off-white is a better description.

However,I think I will pass on this debate as I have enough on my hands at the moment going backwards and forwards with Marlow on the pros and cons of paid consensual enjoyments; or in current popular terminology, "favors".
Tuariki

Postby gh » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Let's leave it at this: the use of the term "colored" is completely out of bounds. We'll cut Mr. T some slack for being culturally unaware, but any repeat performance is a life ban.

It's an abbhorent term on these shores and will not be tolerated.
gh

Previous