Prison movies

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: Prison movies

Postby gh » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:07 am

Conor Dary wrote:
gh wrote:Does this mean I'm the only one who has ever seen (or will admit to having seen) Chained Heat, with Linda Blair and Sybil Danning?

Isn't that the Jonathan Demme one? No I haven't seen it.

No, Demme made Caged Heat with the Russ Meyer standby, Erica Gavin.

The cover:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071266/

A couple of years after being the had bad girl in Chained Heat, Danning played the warden in Reform School Girls, with Wendy O. Williams. Check out the cover!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091836/
gh

Postby Flumpy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:20 am

gh wrote:The satisfaction of a job well done! :mrgreen:

I'm a winner!!!!

Now I need my very own 'Mobot' :lol:
Flumpy

Postby bad hammy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:31 pm

bad hammy wrote:My add is one of my favorite prison movies, now on Netflix: Merry Christmas Mr. Lawerence. Kind of like Bridge on the River Kwai without the bridge. David Bowie as the main prisoner, Japanese musician Ryuichi Sakamoto as the prison commander. Both surprising good in the rolls. Don't know anything about the Oscar connection.

Watched this again last night for the first time in maybe 15 years. It was goofier in places than I remember but still a good watch. Nice soundtrack by Sakamoto.
bad hammy

Postby Friar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:53 pm

ever been in a... in a Turkish prison? "

ME holds up, maybe in part due to Giorgio Moroder's score but it's good. Very diff' than the book though, esp. the escape.
Friar