Allyson Felix Worth 8.5 Million!

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Allyson Felix Worth 8.5 Million!

Postby skiboo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:18 pm

I noticed on the home page here an article about Asafa Powell being worth 6.5 million, so I did a little digging and found this:

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/riches ... net-worth/

I had no idea!
skiboo

Re: Allyson Felix Worth 8.5 Million!

Postby eldanielfire » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:36 pm

I suspect now that she has secured an individual Olympic gold her future earnings will shoot up too.
eldanielfire

Postby Marlow » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 pm

skiboo wrote:I noticed on the home page here an article about Asafa Powell being worth 6.5 million, so I did a little digging and found this:
I had no idea!

Notice there's not one shred of corroborating information. I smell manure.
Marlow

Postby jazzcyclist » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Marlow wrote:
skiboo wrote:I noticed on the home page here an article about Asafa Powell being worth 6.5 million, so I did a little digging and found this:
I had no idea!

That's what I'm thinking too. It's a lot easier to guesstimate what an athlete's income is than what his/her net worth is. How many times have we read stories about athletes who've made made tens of millions during their careers filing for bankruptcy?

By the way, the same site lists Gabby Douglas' net worth at $3 million. :?
jazzcyclist

Postby dukehjsteve » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:54 pm

Marlow wrote:
I had no idea!

I smell a woman that won't have much trouble landing a husband.
dukehjsteve

Postby eldanielfire » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:06 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:
Marlow wrote:
I had no idea!

That's what I'm thinking too. It's a lot easier to guesstimate what an athlete's income is than what his/her net worth is. How many times have we read stories about athletes who've made made tens of millions during their careers filing for bankruptcy?

That might have something more to do with their lifestyle and spending habits and not factoring in taxes and not putting anything aside for when the well runs dry.

By the way, the same site lists Gabby Douglas' net worth at $3 million. :?

That doesn't mena she has 3 million, it's likely the calculated value of her sponsorship, future sponsorship, TV appearence fees, future biography deal, documentary etc. She's been pimped out by Oprah already and that seems to automatically get millions to pay attention and business to take notice.
eldanielfire

Postby mump boy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:11 pm

I don't see any reason why she shouldn't be worth that much, she's been at the top of the game for 10 years, competes everywhere, all the time, has some of the best contracts in the business etc etc etc

She probably has earned $8.5 net which obviously doesn't been she actually has it in the bank but with good investments she should have kept hold a large chunk of it
mump boy

Postby tgs3 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:34 pm

mump boy wrote:I don't see any reason why she shouldn't be worth that much, she's been at the top of the game for 10 years, competes everywhere, all the time, has some of the best contracts in the business etc etc etc

She probably has earned $8.5 net which obviously doesn't been she actually has it in the bank but with good investments she should have kept hold a large chunk of it

Sure it's a reasonable number, but I believe this website has put about as much information and calculations into their figure as you have.
tgs3

Postby vip » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Allyson probably didn't start raking in big bonuses and such until 2004 or 05, and anyway, because she isn't a marathoner or 1500 runner or top three 100 sprinter, I suspect she's not worth as much. But I could be wrong. Track earnings have always been a mystery because they aren't published.
vip

Postby tandfman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Marlow wrote:
I had no idea!

Me, too.

Here's another entry from the same site:

>>Dianne Feinstein is the senior United States Senator from California and has a net worth $70 million. Dianne Feinstein earned her net worth as a Senator and Mayor. <<

Hm-m-m-m. If that's true, and if her average salary as Senator and Mayor was $200,000 per year (it was probably less), and she paid no taxes on that salary and saved every penny of it, she'd have had to be in office for 350 years to have a net worth of $70 million.

Nonsense!

I have the greatest respect for Allyson Felix, but I'd be surprised if her net worth exceeded $1 million right now.
tandfman

Postby Davidokun » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Feinstein is married to an investment banker. Her Senate salary has very little to do with her net worth.
Davidokun

Postby TrackFan4Ever » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:53 pm

tandfman wrote:I have the greatest respect for Allyson Felix, but I'd be surprised if her net worth exceeded $1 million right now.

When you do not have the facts, it is best to keep quiet.
TrackFan4Ever

Postby fortyacresandamule » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:38 pm

These figures are highly suspect. Asafa Powell's net worth I know is bogus for sure.
fortyacresandamule

Postby Tuariki » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:03 am

mump boy wrote:I don't see any reason why she shouldn't be worth that much, she's been at the top of the game for 10 years, competes everywhere, all the time, has some of the best contracts in the business etc etc etc

Mump boy. You are dreaming if you think there is that sort of money in track and field. Felix is a great athlete, she is gorgeous but that doesn't mean TnF has the marketing clout and demand for her to earn $850,000 every year for the past 10 years. Remember even Blake wasn't worth $40,000 a couple of weeks back
Tuariki

Postby mump boy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:28 am

Tuariki wrote:

Mump boy. You are dreaming if you think there is that sort of money in track and field. Felix is a great athlete, she is gorgeous but that doesn't mean TnF has the marketing clout and demand for her to earn $850,000 every year for the past 10 years. Remember even Blake wasn't worth $40,000 a couple of weeks back

But how much is her NIke contract worth and how many other sponsors does she have ? what bonus' does she get every time she wins a medal, a national champs, runs a fast time ? is world ranked by T&FN ? and you don't need to have earned that much to be worth it, what investments does she have, what property has she bought, what businesses has she invested in ?

I know if different circumstances but Jess earned well over £1million in sponsorship this year before she won olympic gold and will probably double next year. Although there is less interest in track in the US there are also more opportunities for sponsorship.
Last edited by mump boy on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
mump boy

Postby mump boy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:43 am

If you just look at her website she's sponsored by

Nike, Acuvue, AT&T, P&G, Visa, Gatorade

When she signed for Adidas as a teenager it as reported for a $1million she then changed to NIke in '10 (so they have Sanya and Allyson) after being one of the athletes to appear at the Adidas Olympic sponsorship launch. For that kind of coup NIke paid $$$$$$$

That is just her headline sponsors so who know what other income she has
mump boy

Postby jazzcyclist » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:48 am

Davidokun wrote:Feinstein is married to an investment banker. Her Senate salary has very little to do with her net worth.

That's true, Fienstein earned her fortune the same way Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi earned theirs, they married it. However, the statement <<Dianne Feinstein earned her net worth as a Senator and Mayor.>> reveals the website owner's ignorance or dishonesty.
jazzcyclist

Postby 26mi235 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:58 am

Unless those positions resulted in the marriage...
26mi235

Postby mal » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:02 am

jazzcyclist wrote:
Davidokun wrote:Feinstein is married to an investment banker. Her Senate salary has very little to do with her net worth.

That's true, Fienstein earned her fortune the same way Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi earned theirs, they married it. However, the statement <<Dianne Feinstein earned her net worth as a Senator and Mayor.>> reveals the website owner's ignorance or dishonesty.

Plus the insider exemption members had. Many a fortune made due to insider trading after hearing the news a few days earlier. e.g. Visa
mal

Postby tandfman » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:27 am

Well, sure. Any mayor or senator could be in a position to make lots of money by accepting bribes, but that's not what the website said or implied.

As for Feinstin's wealth, it's clearly derived mainly from her husband. here's what Wiki has to say:
In 1980, Feinstein married Richard C. Blum, an investment banker. In 2003, Feinstein was ranked the fifth-wealthiest senator, with an estimated net worth of $26 million.[7] By 2005 her net worth had increased to between $43 million and $99 million.[8] Her 347-page financial-disclosure statement[9] – characterized by the San Francisco Chronicle as "nearly the size of a phone book" – draws clear lines between her assets and those of her husband, with many of her assets in blind trusts.[10]

She became mayor of SF in December, 1978, and was elected to the US Senate in 1992, so what she earned as mayor/senator seems irrelevant to her amassing her wealth.
tandfman