2012 College Football


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:22 pm

LSU dominated Alabama for 58 minutes and then went to that old reliable "prevent defense" and the rest is history. Even Saban admitted after the right after game that Alabama had been outplayed. Shame on you John Chavis. Shame, shame, shame!
:(
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10858
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Pego » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:34 am

Dutra5 wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:Did anyone else see College Gameday? FYI, the guest picker was a track athlete who guru loves to hate. :wink:


Track athlete?

I didn't catch her name but they said she was a bobsledder.

:?: :?:


Mrs Pego, who has little T&F interest quipped as we turned on ESPN, "she is everywhere."
Pego
 
Posts: 10198
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby preston » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am

...anyone really want to compare SEC football to the facsimile thereofs played elsewhere? Yes, it was a conference game but LSU showed that but for that loss they could play for a national championship. Again, I don't see another defense outside of the SEC that impresses me (Sacriligious U is decent...but PITT!?).

If nd loses to USC (50/50, imo) they shouldn't play one of the top 4 games.
preston
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 am

preston wrote:If nd loses to USC (50/50, imo) they shouldn't play one of the top 4 games.

An 11-1 Notre Dame team, which is the only FBS team in the nation that has neither any FCS team nor non-AQ teams on its schedule, will probably be an automatic qualifier.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10858
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby preston » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:20 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:
preston wrote:If nd loses to USC (50/50, imo) they shouldn't play one of the top 4 games.

An 11-1 Notre Dame team, which is the only FBS team in the nation that has neither any FCS team nor non-AQ teams on its schedule, will probably be an automatic qualifier.

True. But, with Alabama #1 in the BCS and Georgia, Florida, LSU and South Carolina holding down spots #5, 6, 7 and 8 it cheapens, to me, nd's claim to be the 4th best team. (and as a nd hater...top 10?) Kevin Sumlin was the right coach for A&M and I think the net positive of the aggies in the SEC is that QB play will get a lot better; because eventually A&M defense will mirror other SEC schools and their offense will be the difference, carrying them to the top of the SEC west.

I still hate nd, stop trying to convince me! :mrgreen: :wink:
preston
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Pego » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:35 pm

preston wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:
preston wrote:If nd loses to USC (50/50, imo) they shouldn't play one of the top 4 games.

An 11-1 Notre Dame team, which is the only FBS team in the nation that has neither any FCS team nor non-AQ teams on its schedule, will probably be an automatic qualifier.

True. But, with Alabama #1 in the BCS and Georgia, Florida, LSU and South Carolina holding down spots #5, 6, 7 and 8 it cheapens, to me, nd's claim to be the 4th best team. (and as a nd hater...top 10?) Kevin Sumlin was the right coach for A&M and I think the net positive of the aggies in the SEC is that QB play will get a lot better; because eventually A&M defense will mirror other SEC schools and their offense will be the difference, carrying them to the top of the SEC west.

I still hate nd, stop trying to convince me! :mrgreen: :wink:


I'd love to see them paired with one of those SEC teams you mention above (or Florida St for that matter), but I suspect that the ND lovers will pair them with Louisville.
Pego
 
Posts: 10198
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby preston » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Doomsday scenario: Alabama loses to Georgia! nd loses to USC

GA would have lost to S. Carolina
S. Carolina would have lost to Florida and LSU (assuming they also beat Clemson)
LSU would have lost to Florida and Alabama
and Florida would have lost to GA

How would a one-loss nd be able to claim any prominence over any of the SEC teams, even the 2 loss ones? In my mind nd would fall below Louisville and to no better than 9th.

Current Polls:
1 Alabama 9-0
2 Kansas State 9-0
3 Oregon 9-0
4 Notre Dame 9-0
5 Georgia 8-1
6 Florida 8-1
7 LSU 7-2
8 South Carolina 7-2
9 Louisville 9-0
10 Florida State 8-1

*Louisiana Tech's loss to A&M is gonna hurt; they could have argued that they deserve to be the 10th team...knocking nd out of the top 10. I would put a one loss LaTech over a one loss nd. USC ain't who they used to be. All that said, I will be rooting against all odds for BC and Wake Forest as well.
preston
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:45 pm

preston wrote:Kevin Sumlin was the right coach for A&M and I think the net positive of the aggies in the SEC is that QB play will get a lot better; because eventually A&M defense will mirror other SEC schools and their offense will be the difference, carrying them to the top of the SEC west.

So far Sumlin's offense has come up short against the better SEC defenses, namely LSU and Florida.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10858
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:54 pm

preston wrote:In my mind nd would fall below Louisville and to no better than 9th.

:?
You just destroyed your college football credibility with this comment. Here are the facts:

    1) No wins over ranked opponents.
    2) 4-point win over winless Southern Miss.
    3) 2-point win over South Florida
    4) 7-point win over Florida International
Come on preston. You must be blinded by hatred to make absurd comments like this. You can do better than that.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10858
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby preston » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:14 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:Come on preston. You must be blinded by hatred to make absurd comments like this. You can do better than that.

jazz, when it comes to nd...I just can't do it. I'm serious, I would rather see Louisville play than nd. You're a good catholic; pray for me. :wink:
preston
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby gh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:01 pm

at this point, please not let's have another 25-part preston/jazz back and forth. If you guys wanna continue to piss on each other, take it offline plz.
gh
 
Posts: 46322
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby preston » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:41 am

gh wrote:at this point, please not let's have another 25-part preston/jazz back and forth. If you guys wanna continue to piss on each other, take it offline plz.

:?: :!:
preston
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:42 am

gh wrote:at this point, please not let's have another 25-part preston/jazz back and forth. If you guys wanna continue to piss on each other, take it offline plz.
I can only speak for myself, but I thought preston and I were just having fun. I certainly didn't take any of his posts personally, but you're the boss and I respect your decision.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10858
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby preston » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:08 am

jazzcyclist wrote:
gh wrote:at this point, please not let's have another 25-part preston/jazz back and forth. If you guys wanna continue to piss on each other, take it offline plz.
I can only speak for myself, but I thought preston and I were just having fun. I certainly didn't take any of his posts personally, but you're the boss and I respect your decision.

you had it right, jazz. I have no idea where gh got it from but, whatever ...
preston
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jhc68 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:29 pm

So much for the idea that Bama could beat some NFL teams.
jhc68
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:53 pm

During the middle of the week, Saban warned his team that they needed to hurry up and get over the LSU win and based on his comments in his post-game interview, he didn't seem surprised at the outcome today. Last week, Notre Dame had similar problems coming back down to earth after their win over Oklahoma and had to be saved at the last minute by the "luck of the Irish", but then Texas A&M is a lot better than Pitt also. In team sports, it's only in the game which immediately follows big emotional wins do coaches find out if their team can handle success. IMO, both Notre Dame and Alabama failed this test and if I were a voter, I might penalize the Irish more for their 3OT win over Pitt than I would penalize the Tide for their loss to Texas A&M.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10858
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Pego » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:04 am

Wouldn't a potential match-up of Alabama-ND delight a lot of folks here? I can think of a few, eh Preston :wink: ?
Pego
 
Posts: 10198
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Marlow » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:17 am

Pego wrote:Wouldn't a potential match-up of Alabama-ND delight a lot of folks here?

I wouldn't know whom to root more against. :x
Marlow
 
Posts: 21084
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Pego » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:44 am

Marlow wrote:
Pego wrote:Wouldn't a potential match-up of Alabama-ND delight a lot of folks here?

I wouldn't know whom to root more against. :x


It is simple for me, because I would pick Alabama in our prediction pool :D .
Pego
 
Posts: 10198
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Marlow » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:09 am

Pego wrote:
Marlow wrote:
Pego wrote:Wouldn't a potential match-up of Alabama-ND delight a lot of folks here?

I wouldn't know whom to root more against. :x

It is simple for me, because I would pick Alabama in our prediction pool :D .

Nice! I used to hate lots of teams . . . USC, Cal, UCLA . . . but I've narrowed it down to just Bama and ND now. When Saban came on board, that was the last straw, and as for ND, it's just great fun to hate a school that believes it has a deity on its side.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21084
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby DrJay » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:27 am

I'm kind of practical, and don't care too passionately about college football, so I understand a top 20 better when it contains the Alabamas, Notre Dames, USCs, Ohio Sts and Michigans, and not the Louisiana Techs, Boise Sts and Kansas Sts. Get rid of the formers and throw in the latters and I just get confused. Thus, I'm glad to see ND back in the fray.
DrJay
 
Posts: 5485
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Woodland Park, CO

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Daisy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:32 am

Marlow wrote:it's just great fun to hate a school that believes it has a deity on its side.

They don't?
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Bruce Kritzler » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:54 am

Did we witness a paradigm shift shift in college football last night?
Where no-huddle, spread-the-field, quick teams can compete with traditional power football. Also have noticed that the smaller schools seem to be more competitive with the bigs. Sunbelt and WAC teams are upsetting Big 12, SEC teams.
These new offenses (50-60 passes/game) give the have-nots a chance.
Will the football powers legislate to limit their success?
Bruce Kritzler
 
Posts: 3125
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Marlow » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:11 am

Bruce Kritzler wrote:Will the football powers legislate to limit their success?

More offense and greater parity makes for better television, which we know is the only power that matters.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21084
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:37 am

The biggest mistake that's been made by the BCS honchos in the history of the BCS, was the decision to completely remove the margin-of-victory (MOV) component from all of the computer rankings after one-loss Nebraska, which didn't win its conference, but had a lot of blowout wins, got into the BCS championship game over one-loss, PAC-10 champion Oregon, which won five of its games by a touchdown or less. After it was revealed that the MOV component caused the Ducks a chance to play for the Crystal Football, Oregon coach Mike Belotti led the lobbying effort to have MOV removed from the formula, which was done the following year. Ironically, it's the lack of a MOV component that's hurting Oregon and helping Notre Dame this year, and I think it would be poetic justice if somehow this caused the Ducks a chance to play for the Crystal Football. What's also ironic is that the SEC, which has been the strongest conference during the BCS era, benefits the most from not having MOV as part of the BCS formula.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10858
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Dutra5 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:31 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:The biggest mistake that's been made by the BCS honchos in the history of the BCS, was the decision to completely remove the margin-of-victory (MOV) component from all of the computer rankings after one-loss Nebraska, which didn't win its conference, but had a lot of blowout wins, got into the BCS championship game over one-loss, PAC-10 champion Oregon, which won five of its games by a touchdown or less. After it was revealed that the MOV component caused the Ducks a chance to play for the Crystal Football, Oregon coach Mike Belotti led the lobbying effort to have MOV removed from the formula, which was done the following year. Ironically, it's the lack of a MOV component that's hurting Oregon and helping Notre Dame this year, and I think it would be poetic justice if somehow this caused the Ducks a chance to play for the Crystal Football. What's also ironic is that the SEC, which has been the strongest conference during the BCS era, benefits the most from not having MOV as part of the BCS formula.


The only way Oregon gets to the BCS championship game is to win out and should they do so they cannot be passed by ND. So they won't be hurt by the lack of MOV.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:51 am

Dutra5 wrote:The only way Oregon gets to the BCS championship game is to win out and should they do so they cannot be passed by ND. So they won't be hurt by the lack of MOV.

Don't bet any money on it. Kansas State is a strong #1 but Oregon is a weak #2, barely ahead of Notre Dame, mainly because of their weak computer ranking. They're actually ranked behind Florida in the computers, and it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could drop further in the computers due to the top-10 games left to be played by SEC and ACC teams. Also, don't forget that voters can be fickle as evidenced by Oregon losong some points after giving up 51 points to USC, and another unimpressive win or an Irish woodshedding USC would be all it would take to affect the polls a little. As for the Ducks overall rankiong, all it would take would be for them to drop a spot in one or two of the computers or for a handful of voters to move Kansas State to #1 and/or move Notre Dame to #2, and the Ducks would be the team left out in the cold on December 1. If you don't believe me, do the math.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10858
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby preston » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:09 am

Thankfully, nd was pushed to 3rd. 6 SEC schools in the top-10 and not a single Big-10 school in the entire top-10, though one school, Michigan, made the top-25. Is it time to consider removing the Big-10 from AQ status? Dropping them below the Big East? Clearly the brand and quality of football being played in that conference is below the SEC, Big 12 and Pac 12; I might also include the ACC in the above Big-10 group

And, Bruce's point is real. New offenses and diluted teams (85 scholarships) -and the fact that everyone plays on TV every week now- has brought about parity. In this environment it might not be considered an upset for nonAQ schools to win over auto AQ schools.

One last thing: if nd loses to USC, how far would they drop?
preston
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby 26mi235 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:16 am

1 Oregon (45) 10-0 1,485 2
2 Kansas State (14) 10-0 1,451 3
3 Notre Dame (1) 10-0 1,382 4
4 Alabama 9-1 1,259 1
5 Georgia 9-1 1,223 5
6 Ohio State 10-0 1,212 5[In Big Ten last time I looked]
26mi235
 
Posts: 16320
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:24 am

preston wrote:Dropping them below the Big East?

You can't be serious. :?
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10858
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby preston » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:15 am

jazzcyclist wrote:
preston wrote:Dropping them below the Big East?

You can't be serious. :?

of course, jazz, you should know that by now...

26mi235 wrote:6 Ohio State 10-0 1,212 5[In Big Ten last time I looked]


1. Conversation was focused on BCS.

    1 Kansas State .9674
    2 Oregon .9497
    3 Notre Dame .9396
    4 Alabama .8534
    5 Georgia .8328
    6 Florida .7955
    7 LSU .7331
    8 Texas A&M .6621
    9 South Carolina .6349
    10 Florida State .6071

2. OSU is on time-out for previous transgressions (Which are Bull****. I don't see any reason why an athlete couldn't trade a signature or jersey for a tattoo, car, sex, drugs or anything else...but I digress)

3. I wouldn't be surprised if they were drubbed at seasons end by MI; big 10 is overrated.
preston
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Pego » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 am

preston wrote:3. I wouldn't be surprised if they were drubbed at seasons end by MI


They don't have to survive the trip to Madison on Saturday.
Pego
 
Posts: 10198
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby j-a-m » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:09 am

jazzcyclist wrote:As for the Ducks overall rankiong,

Ducks are gonna improve in the computer rankings if they win out, they have a significantly tougher remaining schedule than ND. Stanford and Oregon State are ranked 11 and 12 in the computers right now, beating them would improve Oregon's position a lot; plus the Pac championship game is most likely against a ranked opponent.
j-a-m
 
Posts: 2449
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Dutra5 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:29 am

jazzcyclist wrote:
Dutra5 wrote:The only way Oregon gets to the BCS championship game is to win out and should they do so they cannot be passed by ND. So they won't be hurt by the lack of MOV.

Don't bet any money on it. Kansas State is a strong #1 but Oregon is a weak #2, barely ahead of Notre Dame, mainly because of their weak computer ranking. They're actually ranked behind Florida in the computers, and it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could drop further in the computers due to the top-10 games left to be played by SEC and ACC teams. Also, don't forget that voters can be fickle as evidenced by Oregon losong some points after giving up 51 points to USC, and another unimpressive win or an Irish woodshedding USC would be all it would take to affect the polls a little. As for the Ducks overall rankiong, all it would take would be for them to drop a spot in one or two of the computers or for a handful of voters to move Kansas State to #1 and/or move Notre Dame to #2, and the Ducks would be the team left out in the cold on December 1. If you don't believe me, do the math.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs


Oregon has to play two ranked teams in the next two weeks which will solidify their computer rankings plus the PAC 12 championship game as well. How does ND possibly pass them playing USC who Oregon already played and beat?

The guy who does the BCS analysis for ESPN....the site you posted...has stated that if all three teams win out that it is Kstate that can be passed by ND but only in the longest of long shots. If all three win out it will almost assuredly be Kstate vs. Oregon.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:32 am

Dutra5 wrote:The guy who does the BCS analysis for ESPN....the site you posted...has stated that if all three teams win out that it is Kstate that can be passed by ND but only in the longest of long shots. If all three win out it will almost assuredly be Kstate vs. Oregon.

If you're talking about Brad Edwards, he's been wrong in prognostications before, so don't take his word as the gospel. However, I will concede that things look pretty good for the Ducks if they win their remaining games convincingly, but if they struggle, or if Notre Dame beats USC more impressively than they did, all bets are off.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10858
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby KevinM » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:02 pm

DrJay wrote:I'm kind of practical, and don't care too passionately about college football, so I understand a top 20 better when it contains the Alabamas, Notre Dames, USCs, Ohio Sts and Michigans, and not the Louisiana Techs, Boise Sts and Kansas Sts. Get rid of the formers and throw in the latters and I just get confused. Thus, I'm glad to see ND back in the fray.


K-State was so bad for so long that people look past the fact that they've been a mainstay in the top 25 since 1993, not much different than UConn basketball.
KevinM
 
Posts: 2645
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby gh » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Improbable, but Ohio State could still end up as No. 1?

http://www.sfgate.com/collegesports/art ... 028569.php
gh
 
Posts: 46322
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jhc68 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:19 pm

ND has to beat USC in the Coliseum to win out. And they need to beat SC as convincingly as Oregon did.
The first big-time football game I attended was the 1964 game wherein ND was 93 seconds away from the national championship but Rod Sherman broke the Irish hearst by hauling in the winning touchdown pass from Craig Fertig.
SC has a pretty fair passing game this year but back in '64 they had a running back named Garrett.
jhc68
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby 26mi235 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:31 pm

gh wrote:Improbable, but Ohio State could still end up as No. 1?

http://www.sfgate.com/collegesports/art ... 028569.php


They have to win this weekend :mrgreen:

I am seriously surprised; I saw that Wisconsin, an unranked team with three losses, is a favorite over undefeated #6 Ohio State. Must have been a misprint...
Last edited by 26mi235 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16320
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:27 am

Someone call the wambulance for Jimbo Fisher. His team plays in one of the weakest AQ conferences, he had two FCS teams on his schedule this year, including hapless Savannah State which should be in division II, and now he's whining because his team isn't getting any love from the BCS computers.
Lamenting his team's position in computer polls of the latest BCS standings, Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher railed against the use of computers in determining the standings, saying he'd prefer a move back to a pre-BCS system in which human pollsters simply ranked teams at the conclusion of a season to determine a champion.


"I think it stinks," Fisher said. "I think the BCS and how we do it with these computers, I think we're ruining it. And the playoff isn't going to solve it, either. They've got to change how we pick the top teams in this country. It's not working. I think it was better in the old days when you did it by the eye test and you didn't have a championship game."


http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... bcs-system

He should be put in a straitjacket for even suggesting that college football go back to the pre-BCS system in which the #1 and #2 teams would routinely play in different bowls.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10858
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests