Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sextape"


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby ATK » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:42 pm

tracknut2012 wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:
tracknut2012 wrote:Lolo is similar to Kim Kardashian and Paris Hylton

Pretty and talentless

Lolo, the American indoor record holder, the two-time indoor world champion and the #1 ranked hurdler in the world in 2008 is talentless? Jammin', you've made some pretty ignorant statements over the years, but this is unquestionably your masterpiece.


Her "so called" talent didn't work for her in London so now she is trying something else. Who is "Jammin" btw?

So her entire career is defined by 1 race. And because she finished 4th to the 3 predicted medalists who have dominated almost every race in 2012 she is talent-less?
ATK
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby jazzcyclist » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:57 pm

ATK wrote:So her entire career is defined by 1 race. And because she finished 4th to the 3 predicted medalists who have dominated almost every race in 2012 she is talent-less?

That's "notorious" logic for you.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby user4 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:31 pm

tracknut2012 wrote:Lolo is similar to Kim Kardashian and Paris Hylton
Pretty and talentless


Most of us would say she is 100X prettier than one of them and 10X prettier than the other. But why go to such efforts to expose yourself as a jealous person. Jealousy is a motive we generally try to mute.
user4
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby dukehjsteve » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:33 pm

user4 wrote:
dukehjsteve wrote:If there is a simple two-word advice phrase for Ms. Jones, it is:

SHUT UP


The girl has an agent and contracts from diverse apparel and shoe companies . If anyone thinks that she is saying these things because she is a naive fool then you are the most naive person alive. She is executing a marketing strategy. It is her job and she is doing it well.

The truth is that she is incredibly more marketable than all but a select few gold medal winners. She is immensely beautiful and has a multiracial appeal that serves like viagra to Madison avenue executives. Ask them to choose between a F100m medalist or an F400/800m medalist and it is a no brainer, they go with Lolo. The notion that a sex tape would give her fame is false and she and her agents know that, the claim is to highlight that there is no sextape and thereby highlights the fact that she is as pure and clean as the wind driven snow ! ... the sex tape will have value 10 years from now.

The Lolo haters continue to expose only themselves.



I don't hate her, not one bit. But I sure feel sad to see her evolve toward the Bruce Jenner of Women's Track.
dukehjsteve
 
Posts: 6057
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Fishers, IN

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby tracknut2012 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:39 pm

user4 wrote:
tracknut2012 wrote:Lolo is similar to Kim Kardashian and Paris Hylton
Pretty and talentless


Most of us would say she is 100X prettier than one of them and 10X prettier than the other. But why go to such efforts to expose yourself as a jealous person. Jealousy is a motive we generally try to mute.


Jealous of Lolo? Best joke I have heard today :D
tracknut2012
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby tracknut2012 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:41 pm

ATK wrote:
tracknut2012 wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:
tracknut2012 wrote:Lolo is similar to Kim Kardashian and Paris Hylton

Pretty and talentless

Lolo, the American indoor record holder, the two-time indoor world champion and the #1 ranked hurdler in the world in 2008 is talentless? Jammin', you've made some pretty ignorant statements over the years, but this is unquestionably your masterpiece.


Her "so called" talent didn't work for her in London so now she is trying something else. Who is "Jammin" btw?

So her entire career is defined by 1 race. And because she finished 4th to the 3 predicted medalists who have dominated almost every race in 2012 she is talent-less?


She can't be talented on the track and win championships like Fraser, Bolt and Blake and thus, she basically has to sell her soul to the devil to remain relevant. How shallow, how low.

Those people I am sorry, I can't respect. :evil:
tracknut2012
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby jazzcyclist » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:53 pm

tracknut2012 wrote:She can't be talented on the track and win championships like Fraser, Bolt and Blake and thus, she basically has to sell her soul to the devil to remain relevant. How shallow, how low.

Those people I am sorry, I can't respect. :evil:

Nobody on this board tried to compare her to Bolt, rather, it was you who compared her to Hilton and Kardashian and called her talentless.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby odelltrclan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:06 pm

tracknut2012 wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:
tracknut2012 wrote:Lolo is similar to Kim Kardashian and Paris Hylton

Pretty and talentless

Lolo, the American indoor record holder, the two-time indoor world champion and the #1 ranked hurdler in the world in 2008 is talentless? Jammin', you've made some pretty ignorant statements over the years, but this is unquestionably your masterpiece.


Her "so called" talent didn't work for her in London so now she is trying something else. Who is "Jammin" btw?


So every athlete who did not win a medal in London is now talentless. Brilliant!
odelltrclan
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby lonewolf » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:51 pm

C'mon guys (and girls).. lay off Lolo..I think most people have decided either to like or dislike her and no amount of arguing/dissing/praising is going to change anyone's mind.
She has publicly stated that she engaged professional PR after Beijing, which was a logical thing to do. Certainly, she has a self-promotional agenda (who doesn't?) but that does not detract from her honest, spontaneous, natural and guiless interviews.
She is quite an attractive young woman but that is no reason to despise or envy her success.
lonewolf
 
Posts: 8816
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Indian Territory

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:38 pm

tracknut2012 wrote:
Pretty and talentless


While I have criticized Ms. Jones for the dramatics and wish she would avoid comment, this is a pretty brainless statement.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby Tuariki » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:04 pm

tracknut2012 wrote:Lolo is similar to Kim Kardashian and Paris Hylton

Pretty and talentless

You are the one who is without talent.

If Lolo is talentless then what does that say about every other female hurdler in the world aside from the 3 Olympic medalists? Obviously you must consider all of them to be talentless as well. Also, as Lolo's 3 best times are faster than Kellie Well's best time perhaps you consider Well's to be talentless as well.

It is sad that Harper and Wells appear to be somewhat jealous and resentful of the attention that Lolo gets. However, that is not Lolo's fault. Good on her if she can make heaps of money. She is a star athlete who has won 2 world championships and placed 4th in the Olympic final. And unfortunately for Harper and Wells she is considered by the media, and the public, to also be beautiful and sexy - and beautiful and sexy is what sells in the world of sports marketing. Refer Kournikova when she was the most marketable female tennis player going, even though she was far from being the best player.

I also find the attacks on her over her virginity comments to be some what puritanically hypocritical. The conservative religious right in the USA demands that US politicians are holier than thou, even though we all know they aren't. And so we have this hypocrisy in the US where all politicians try to convince everyone they stand behind and indeed practice the family values espoused by the religious right. One of those values is to supposedly "save" yourself for marriage. So when Lolo does her"Tebow" announcement that she is living by the values that the USA supposedly expects then she gets crucified.

Why can't she tell the world she is a virgin? We have gay athletes who come out and tell the world. We had Wilt Chamberlain tell the world of his 20,000 conquests, Magic a few less. We had Boris Becker in the restaurant broom cupboard in England. Lolo mentions she is a "virgin" and people like the saintly tracknut2012 crucify her as being the devil incarnate for daring to upstage Dawn Harper and Kellie Wells.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby Tuariki » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:07 pm

tracknut2012 wrote:She can't be talented on the track and win championships like Fraser, Bolt and Blake and thus, she basically has to sell her soul to the devil to remain relevant. How shallow, how low.

Those people I am sorry, I can't respect. :evil:

You really are a pathetic and nasty individual.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby j-a-m » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:43 pm

odelltrclan wrote:So every athlete who did not win a medal in London is now talentless. Brilliant!

Exactly, a fourth place finish at the Olympics is a great accomplishment in itself, based on years of hard work and dedication. And while she's not as good as Dawn Harper, if you use use an scale from 0 (Kardashian) to 100 (Harper), Lolo would still be around 99.
j-a-m
 
Posts: 2449
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby lovetorun » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:54 pm

lonewolf wrote:C'mon guys (and girls).. lay off Lolo..I think most people have decided either to like or dislike her and no amount of arguing/dissing/praising is going to change anyone's mind.
She has publicly stated that she engaged professional PR after Beijing, which was a logical thing to do. Certainly, she has a self-promotional agenda (who doesn't?) but that does not detract from her honest, spontaneous, natural and guiless interviews.
She is quite an attractive young woman but that is no reason to despise or envy her success.


Have read this entire thread and this is by far the most balanced and sensible post yet...
lovetorun
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby jamboy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:14 pm

I really wish Lolo and Sanya would stick to the track and lay off this "reality TV" type drama playing out for both of them.

Reality TV/drama is trash TV regardless of the ratings.
jamboy
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:52 am

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby Tuariki » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:32 pm

jamboy wrote:I really wish Lolo and Sanya would stick to the track and lay off this "reality TV" type drama playing out for both of them.

Reality TV/drama is trash TV regardless of the ratings.

The money they get is presumably not trash money. It is likely substantial and good on them if they can get it.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby dukehjsteve » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:53 am

Tuariki wrote:
jamboy wrote:I really wish Lolo and Sanya would stick to the track and lay off this "reality TV" type drama playing out for both of them.

Reality TV/drama is trash TV regardless of the ratings.

The money they get is presumably not trash money. It is likely substantial and good on them if they can get it.



Money that comes from trash IS trash money, same as money that comes from stealing is stolen money, or money that comes from drugs is drug money. Etc. Etc.

Their choice, nothing "wrong" with trash money, but it is still trash money. Myself, I could care less what they do. It's their lives not mine.
dukehjsteve
 
Posts: 6057
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Fishers, IN

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby Marlow » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:11 am

dukehjsteve wrote:Money that comes from trash IS trash money, same as money that comes from stealing is stolen money, or money that comes from drugs is drug money.

??!!!I think Thomas Kincade paintings are trash. I think Josh Groban music is trash. Is that trash money too, because I don't like the art form? If anything, $$$ made from Reality TV is even sweeter than Real Money, because it's so easily earned.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21125
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby dukehjsteve » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:38 am

Marlow wrote:
dukehjsteve wrote:Money that comes from trash IS trash money, same as money that comes from stealing is stolen money, or money that comes from drugs is drug money.

??!!!I think Thomas Kincade paintings are trash. I think Josh Groban music is trash. Is that trash money too, because I don't like the art form? If anything, $$$ made from Reality TV is even sweeter than Real Money, because it's so easily earned.



Marlow's grade in Logic : F
dukehjsteve
 
Posts: 6057
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Fishers, IN

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby Marlow » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:10 am

dukehjsteve wrote:
Marlow wrote:
dukehjsteve wrote:Money that comes from trash IS trash money, same as money that comes from stealing is stolen money, or money that comes from drugs is drug money.

??!!!I think Thomas Kincade paintings are trash. I think Josh Groban music is trash. Is that trash money too, because I don't like the art form? If anything, $$$ made from Reality TV is even sweeter than Real Money, because it's so easily earned.

Marlow's grade in Logic : F

I don't see how LOGIC plays a part in ANY of this! You stated an opinion based on personal tastes. I challenged it, based on my personal tastes. Surely you did not expect for me to see any 'logic' in what you posted.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21125
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby preston » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:58 am

Talk about twisting around her words to fit the fact that you hate her. Amazing and real shitty.

She's clearly trying to say that IF fame was the only thing that was important to her that she would do a sextape and she was hoping that the reader was intelligent enough to figure out that since she hasn't done a sextape -and she continues to toil in a sport like track and field- that fame just isn't that important to her that she would do a sextape. She overestimated far too many of the posters here. :roll:

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/0 ... nted-fame/
Jones wants it to be known that she’s not in it for the fame. She’s not angling for a reality show, or her own perfume. All the media attention she’s been getting is not her doing, she says. And below comes the part where she lowers the boom on Kardashian and Snookie, which is always a good thing.
preston
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby lonewolf » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:29 am

IMO, there is no such thing as "trash" money.
One of the enviable tenets of our society is "freedom of speech". Every one has the right, within limitations, to express their personal opinion of other's actions that are not likely to be swayed by dissenting argument. Similarly, everyone has their own definition of "trash", which is not universally consistent.
Money is useful. I think the vast majority strives to earn and accumulate as much of it as possible giving their personal circumstance and ability. One may argue the morality/ethics of how money is acquired but If it is not acquired by stealing, cheating,fraud, murder, arson or some other illegal activity, it is disingenious to quibble over how it is earned.
I may, and do, find most "reality" TV pointless/boring/wasted time/etc. and largely "unreal". Fortunately, for the good of the economy/industry, enough others disgree to convince advertisers/networks to air them.
Some people react negatively to:
sports/crime/drama/romance/religious/political/food/fashion/design/travel/etc shows. That is why whe have 200+ channels.
Something for everyone. Live and let live. To each his own (Add cliche of your choice)
lonewolf
 
Posts: 8816
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Indian Territory

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby Tuariki » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 pm

They say money is no guarantee of happiness but in my experience it sure as hell is a good start. So more power to Lolo and to any athlete who can figure out ways to get a cut of the cash pie.

Because believe me, in 10 years time no-one will give 2 cents for Lolo for any athlete once they have retired from the scene other than a bone fide mega star like Bolt.

Those athletes who express their resentment at Lolo should just get on with life and try and find their own way to tap into the cash pool while they have an opportunity to do so. No athlete has a god given right to any particular level of earnings. They have to persuade the person(s) with the money as to why they should hand some of it over.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby guru » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:19 pm

BAHAHAHA!


http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html


A suggestion to Jones - don't make him angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry :P
guru
 
Posts: 10266
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby jamboy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:23 pm

Don't worry, he will cheat on her and dump her soon. Black athletes don't like virgins.
jamboy
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:52 am

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby mump boy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:56 am

Tuariki wrote: We have gay athletes who come out and tell the world.


Do we ? i must have missed that :shock:
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby mump boy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:59 am

jamboy wrote:Don't worry, he will cheat on her and dump her soon. Black athletes don't like virgins.


:shock:
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby jazzcyclist » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:32 am

Tuariki wrote: We have gay athletes who come out and tell the world.

Lesbian athletes may come out, but not gay men athletes, at least not until they retire. When they're active, gay men athletes are deep in the closet, unless they're figure skaters.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby Tuariki » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:50 am

mump boy wrote:
Tuariki wrote: We have gay athletes who come out and tell the world.

Do we ? i must have missed that :shock:


jazzcyclist wrote:Lesbian athletes may come out, but not gay men athletes, at least not until they retire. When they're active, gay men athletes are deep in the closet, unless they're figure skaters.

Sorry, I should have clarified my meaning of "athletes". I was referring to "athletes" in the generic sense and thinking of some rugby league and rugby union international players in particular.
But I agree that most do remain very deep in the closet.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby Tuariki » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:53 am

mump boy wrote:
jamboy wrote:Don't worry, he will cheat on her and dump her soon. Black athletes don't like virgins.


:shock:

But like all other male athletes they like the challenge. :wink: Except those deep deep in the closet.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby tandfman » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:24 am

guru wrote:BAHAHAHA!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

A suggestion to Jones - don't make him angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry :P

She's now denying that they're dating. Story on front page.
tandfman
 
Posts: 15043
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby guru » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:39 am

Sorry, not buying the denial that they were dating. He was at Drake with her for crying out loud

Of course, that might have changed this week lol...

https://twitter.com/lolojones/status/246414160550821889

https://twitter.com/lolojones/status/246419325441953793
guru
 
Posts: 10266
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch

Re: Lolo Jones: "If I Wanted Fame, I Would Totally Do A Sext

Postby tandfman » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:58 am

There may be another explanation for that. Today we learn:

>>Its that time of the month. Mark it on ur calendar. . . anybody noticed a general change in @lolojones tweet mood recently?<<

TMI, Lolo.
tandfman
 
Posts: 15043
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests