Expendables 2

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Expendables 2

Postby lonewolf » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Charley Lonewolf did not have a soccer or basketball game tonight so saw my first movie in months. ( As an amateur reviewer, I am pretty sure Expendables 2 is a movie, not a "film")

Anyway, it was great good fun, all the violence you could wish for, full of inside jokes, comic book quality escapades, , enough plot to hang the sequence of events on, just about every living movie tough guy character, gratifying vindictive conclusion....
lonewolf

Re: Expendables 2

Postby Marlow » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Indeed. The 75-word Movie Reviewer said:

This is the ultimate needs-no-review movie. You know what’s going to happen. It’s certainly one of the funniest in recent times, funny in the ‘it’s so bad, it’s good’ way. There are more action-flick clichés here than any other in movie history, and that has to be worth something. This is the geezer-kick-butt movie to end all geezer-kick-butt movies (we can only hope). The budget for testosterone pills alone had to be astronomical!
Marlow

Postby lonewolf » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:00 pm

I thought the Chuck Norris to the rescue incident was the genius high light of the movie.. the entire theatre audience erupted in laughter..
lonewolf

Postby kylehnry » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:43 pm

I too loved the movie. Awesome flick this time.Chuck Norris returned after long and tat too with a great bang.

Hot Russian Models
kylehnry