Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby j-a-m » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:41 am

jeremyp wrote:Then we tried "Friday Night Lights" for the above mentioned reason and fell in love with that.

Friday Night Lights was such a great show. At least now one of the actors is also part of Breaking Bad ...
j-a-m
 
Posts: 2449
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby Conor Dary » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:16 pm

gh wrote:

Vancouver doubles for San Francisco a lot; they key is when you look across what purports to be San Francisco Bay and can see snow on the mountains.


I remember watching one movie a while back that was suppose to be in Chicago and in the background were mountains.
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby Conor Dary » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:21 pm

Speaking of Canada, someone has a sweet tooth.

    Quebec Whodunit: 1/4 of Province’s Syrup Reserves Go Missing

    Forget about the upcoming election in Quebec, the big news out of the province is the huge breach of the province’s strategic reserve of maple syrup.

    Sticky-fingered thieves made off with almost 30 million Canadian dollars (US$30.4 million) worth of maple syrup from a reserve warehouse in rural Quebec, the provincial body responsible for managing the production of maple syrup said late Thursday. That’s more than a quarter of the province’s extra supply—stored each year to protect producers’ from the ups and downs of global supply and demand.

http://blogs.wsj.com/canadarealtime/201 ... o-missing/
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby gh » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:21 pm

Heisenberg must've figured out how to use maple syrup as a precursor for meth production.
gh
 
Posts: 46334
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby jeremyp » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:26 pm

gh wrote:Canadians had nothing to do with BG other than provide cheap sights to film, as with lots of TV shows that require exteriors.


According to IMDB it was filmed entirely in Canada. I erred as to who was behind it, yet there were many Canadian actors in it. Sky TV, a British company did the TV series after the initial first episodes. Many of the directors were not American.
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby JRM » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:56 pm

jeremyp wrote:
gh wrote:Canadians had nothing to do with BG other than provide cheap sights to film, as with lots of TV shows that require exteriors.


According to IMDB it was filmed entirely in Canada. I erred as to who was behind it, yet there were many Canadian actors in it. Sky TV, a British company did the TV series after the initial first episodes. Many of the directors were not American.


Yes, BSG had a predominantly Canadian (and British) cast, save for Edward James Olmos and a few others, and was effectively a Canadian production. It wasn't simply the location. Noted Canadian actors include Col Tigh, Boomer, Tyrol, Six, Helo/Agathon, Gaeta, most of the Cylons, Dr. Cottle, etc.... Apollo and Baltar were Brits, and of course Adama was EJO (whom I had the opportunity to see speak at Pomona College in 2003, but skipped -- because at that point I only knew him as Lt. Castillo from Miami Vice...). President Roslin is also American, more noted for her Oscar nominated role in "Dances with Wolves," and my claim-to-fame with her is being on the same Southwest Airlines flight from LA-Philadelphia a few Xmases ago (and having quite a long and pleasant conversation, as she was doing her Christmas cards).

Also, I went to Vancouver for a conference in 2005 (at the height of the series), and was delighted to stay in a hotel immediately adjacent to the Caprica high command building!
JRM
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Woodland Hills, CA

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby j-a-m » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:53 pm

gh wrote:Heisenberg must've figured out how to use maple syrup as a precursor for meth production.

Heisenberg would've stolen a smaller amount, replaced it with water, and nobody would've discovered the theft yet.
j-a-m
 
Posts: 2449
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby jeremyp » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Good article from LA Times about Gilligan and end of season.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv ... 4913.story
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby JRM » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:04 am

Interesting conclusion to the "season," although I suppose it could be seen coming since the beginning of the show. It'll be a looong wait until next summer!
JRM
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Woodland Hills, CA

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby jeremyp » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:06 pm

That scene in the storeage shed with a mountain of money was classic. He's rich on paper, and that's it. He can't/won't spend it. If only Skyler would take 1/3 of it and split with the child!
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby j-a-m » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:24 pm

jeremyp wrote:That scene in the storeage shed with a mountain of money was classic. He's rich on paper, and that's it. He can't/won't spend it. If only Skyler would take 1/3 of it and split with the child!

He has built sort of an empire, though; and that was more important to him than money.
j-a-m
 
Posts: 2449
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby jeremyp » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:35 am

j-a-m wrote:
jeremyp wrote:That scene in the storeage shed with a mountain of money was classic. He's rich on paper, and that's it. He can't/won't spend it. If only Skyler would take 1/3 of it and split with the child!

He has built sort of an empire, though; and that was more important to him than money.

An emperor without clothes! No entourage; no visibility; no perks; no friends. All of which reinforces his self delusion. When he dies Jesse or Todd can carry on and he won't be missed by anyone except his son.
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby Conor Dary » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:26 am

Conor Dary wrote:Speaking of Canada, someone has a sweet tooth.

    Quebec Whodunit: 1/4 of Province’s Syrup Reserves Go Missing

    Forget about the upcoming election in Quebec, the big news out of the province is the huge breach of the province’s strategic reserve of maple syrup.

    Sticky-fingered thieves made off with almost 30 million Canadian dollars (US$30.4 million) worth of maple syrup from a reserve warehouse in rural Quebec, the provincial body responsible for managing the production of maple syrup said late Thursday. That’s more than a quarter of the province’s extra supply—stored each year to protect producers’ from the ups and downs of global supply and demand.

http://blogs.wsj.com/canadarealtime/201 ... o-missing/


Meanwhile, Canada is getting to the bottom of this outrageous crime....

    Quebec Provincial Police said Tuesday that they have arrested three people have been arrested in connection with the mass theft of maple syrup from a warehouse located in a town near Montreal, CNN reports. Five other suspects remain at large.

    The theft transpired over the span of one year, from August 2011 until July 2012, and was discovered during a routine inventory check. The warehouse contained up to 10 million pounds of syrup, but it is unclear how much went missing.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e ... yrup-theft
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby jamal00005 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:29 pm

Did anyone see the promo for the Final Season I cant bloody wait!!!!!.....I think they have to kill Hank
jamal00005
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby jeremyp » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:14 pm

I watched the pilot yesterday, just to remind me of how it all began. I had forgotten how quickly woosy Walt turned bad. Basically in a few days. I have read about Walt transforming over time, but it's clear that his nerdy exterior was masking a seriously angry, self hating, narcissistic personality disorder, whose demons were set loose by his impending death. All of his future potential was visible.
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby gh » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:01 am

One of the joys of coming home from Moscow: having the first 3 episodes of the final sequence waiting for me for an orgy of Heisenberg!
gh
 
Posts: 46334
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby gh » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:27 am

poor Dean Norris must be feeling very confused at this point: on Breaking Bad he's in charge of unraveling Walt's evil empire, but meanwhile, over on Under The Dome he's busy creating one of his own!
gh
 
Posts: 46334
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby Mark_Oneill » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:37 am

Loving Under the Dome. Surprised to see 'Hank' on there next to the cast of relatively unknowns, apart from Sabrina the teenage witch's Aunt obviously.
Mark_Oneill
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:35 am

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby lonewolf » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:47 am

gh wrote:poor Dean Norris must be feeling very confused at this point: on Breaking Bad he's in charge of unraveling Walt's evil empire, but meanwhile, over on Under The Dome he's busy creating one of his own!

I did not know his name but noticed he was on both series..I tried to watch UTD but missed some episodes, lost the thread and gave up.. never got into BB except skimming enought to make this observation.
lonewolf
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Indian Territory

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby jhc68 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:52 pm

The intensity just keeps ratcheting up... is this the end of Hank and Jesse?
jhc68
 
Posts: 3291
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby jeremyp » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:10 pm

jhc68 wrote:The intensity just keeps ratcheting up... is this the end of Hank and Jesse?

In the real world Hank couldn't survive, but this is fiction and Hank is too good a character to kill off ...... I hope. Heisenberg's "love" of family just doesn't ring true.
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby JumboElliott » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Maybe the M60 is for a final showdown with Todd's uncle after he defied Walt and showed up to the tribal lands anyway?
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby JRM » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:23 am

In case anyone gets in trouble:

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/
JRM
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Woodland Hills, CA

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby gh » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:06 am

beauty! (he steals almost every scene he's in)
gh
 
Posts: 46334
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby jeremyp » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:28 am

gh wrote:beauty! (he steals almost every scene he's in)

Yeah but can he carry a series by himself?
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby gh » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:17 pm

the individual clips on the link provided by JRM are priceless (well they if you're a fan, at least)
gh
 
Posts: 46334
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby JRM » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:07 pm

gh wrote:the individual clips on the link provided by JRM are priceless (well they if you're a fan, at least)


The clips, the testimonials, and the webcam are hilarious. Also, if you click on "Se Habla Espanol" at the bottom of the page. there's another amusing piece.
JRM
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Woodland Hills, CA

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby jeremyp » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:17 am

For the first time this year I watched the episode "live" and not tape. I had to see what happened to Hank. This episode was a gut wrencher. I won't give out any spoilers but I texted my daughter (who lives 2 time zones west): "u r going 2 hate Walt."
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby gh » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:50 pm

Jessie certainly doesn't like him much at this point
gh
 
Posts: 46334
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby JumboElliott » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:54 pm

I just want to know what the M60 is for!
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby jeremyp » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:26 am

gh wrote:Jessie certainly doesn't like him much at this point

Is there anyone, other than Saul, who does? My guess is Swastika Uncle gets the ricin cigarette. Or Walt smokes it himself.
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby JRM » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:14 pm

jeremyp wrote:
gh wrote:Jessie certainly doesn't like him much at this point

Is there anyone, other than Saul, who does? My guess is Swastika Uncle gets the ricin cigarette. Or Walt smokes it himself.


I doubt Walt would subject himself to the terrors of ricin poisoning, unless he somehow felt the need to suffer for his sins (which, I suppose, could be). I suspect its target is either the Uncle, as you suggest, or alternatively Lydia. Those are really the only characters left at this stage. Jesse seems to obvious, and I think they'll save his fate for a grand showdown.
JRM
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Woodland Hills, CA

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby jeremyp » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:00 am

JRM wrote:
jeremyp wrote:
gh wrote:Jessie certainly doesn't like him much at this point

Is there anyone, other than Saul, who does? My guess is Swastika Uncle gets the ricin cigarette. Or Walt smokes it himself.


I doubt Walt would subject himself to the terrors of ricin poisoning, unless he somehow felt the need to suffer for his sins (which, I suppose, could be).
You're probably right. If the writers hold him true to character it depends on which Walt showed up with that scraggly beard. The egomaniac or the " I'm just a family man" delusional one.
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby JRM » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:54 am

If anyone's hungry and near New Mexico:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/los-pollos-hermanos-albuquerque
JRM
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Woodland Hills, CA

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby jhc68 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:14 am

Next week: "All bad things come to an end..."
jhc68
 
Posts: 3291
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby lonewolf » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:44 pm

Finally got around to watching the last three episodes in lieu of the Emmys last night. Was so inspired I wikied all five seasons synopsis. I don't have all the characters straight but apparently none have any redeeming qualities.
I am looking forward to the finale, hopefully before the facilitator has to make too many more Albuquerque-New Hampshire round trips.

A little let down to see the actor who played Landry in Friday Nite Lights in a rouge role. :(

Relieved they did not import Connie Britton and Minka Kelly :)
lonewolf
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Indian Territory

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby jeremyp » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:50 am

lonewolf wrote:Finally got around to watching the last three episodes in lieu of the Emmys last night. Was so inspired I wikied all five seasons synopsis. I don't have all the characters straight but apparently none have any redeeming qualities.
I am looking forward to the finale, hopefully before the facilitator has to make too many more Albuquerque-New Hampshire round trips.

A little let down to see the actor who played Landry in Friday Nite Lights in a rouge role. :(

Relieved they did not import Connie Britton and Minka Kelly :)

Hopefully Todd will come to a bitter end at the hands of Walt's M60. Connie is stuck in "Nashville" and Minka was too busy playing Jackie in "The Butler." I am in the midst of a BB marathon. I'm up to episode 35 and hope to finish before Sunday's finale. Jesse had better live!
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby gh » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:02 am

although "marathon" still works on this board, note that the phenomenon of gorging on whole seasons of old TV series has now entered the lexicon as "binge-watching"

(I'm a serial offender: most recently redid last season's Sons of Anarchy in 3 days before this year's started anew)
gh
 
Posts: 46334
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby JRM » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:33 am

jeremyp wrote:Hopefully Todd will come to a bitter end at the hands of Walt's M60. Connie is stuck in "Nashville" and Minka was too busy playing Jackie in "The Butler." I am in the midst of a BB marathon. I'm up to episode 35 and hope to finish before Sunday's finale. Jesse had better live!


I'm pretty sure Todd will go down at the hands of Jesse. They've set him (Todd) up as the nemesis.
JRM
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Woodland Hills, CA

Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)

Postby gh » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:41 am

Jesse takes out the skinheads (and himself) in one hellacious "oops" in the lab; Walt's too busy machine-gunning his former friend/partner who has dissed him on national TV.

(meanwhile, Skyler runs away with Saul.... :mrgreen: )
gh
 
Posts: 46334
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests