the facebook bubble burst?

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: the facebook bubble burst?

Postby Conor Dary » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:48 pm

And it is going to get worse when employees can soon start selling the stock.

Wall Street is also bracing for a potential deluge of hundreds of millions of shares after August 16, when Facebook employees can sell their company-awarded shares for the first time.

"It's a combination of the Bernstein note, and partly complaints about the Facebook bot. Lockups are also causing pressure on shares today," said analyst Herman Leung of Susquehanna Financial Group, which owns and is a market maker in Facebook shares.

"People are just wondering what the next update is, and there's more headwinds than not."
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby cullman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Conor Dary wrote:And it is going to get worse when employees can soon start selling the stock.

[list]Wall Street is also bracing for a potential deluge of hundreds of millions of shares after August 16, when Facebook employees can sell their company-awarded shares for the first time.

The lockup ended today for a few "insiders" and shares closed at $19.87 down $1.33 (-6.27%)
cullman

Postby Conor Dary » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:38 am

cullman wrote:
Conor Dary wrote:And it is going to get worse when employees can soon start selling the stock.

[list]Wall Street is also bracing for a potential deluge of hundreds of millions of shares after August 16, when Facebook employees can sell their company-awarded shares for the first time.

The lockup ended today for a few "insiders" and shares closed at $19.87 down $1.33 (-6.27%)

And more is on the way. A billion more shares coming this fall! Sell, Sell, Sell!

By the way, Groupon is also in freefall. Down to about 5. I think they are doomed.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby lonewolf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:00 am

I have never understood the business plan behind Facebook.. or why anyone would want to be on Facebook.
Ironically, I am on Facebook because a friend some how signed me up. I do not know my password or how to logon/respond to the Facebook alerts I receive.
When someone shows me how I can make money on Facebook, I will get interested. :)
But then, I don't understand Google either. :?
Or LinkedIn.
Or Twitter.
Or Groupon.
I am being dragged into the 21st Century.. just as I was becoming adapted to the 20th Century. :(
lonewolf

Postby Marlow » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:37 am

lonewolf wrote:But then, I don't understand Google either. :? :(

It ain't called Google for nuttin. There's about a Googol (a 1 followed by 100 zeros) of hits on it daily. People pay dearly to advertize there (the first bunch of results are paid ads!!).
Marlow

Postby Conor Dary » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:39 am

Conor Dary

Postby lonewolf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Marlow wrote:
lonewolf wrote:But then, I don't understand Google either. :? :(

It ain't called Google for nuttin. There's about a Googol (a 1 followed by 100 zeros) of hits on it daily. People pay dearly to advertize there (the first bunch of results are paid ads!!).

Yeah, but...it seems to me the preponderance of entries are not commercial...
I had/have entries that show up at the top or on the front Google page and have never paid an advertising fee.
lonewolf