Columnist looks at "trolls" who are anti-Armstrong

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: Columnist looks at "trolls" who are anti-Armstrong

Postby jazzcyclist » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:20 am

I do have one question that perhaps pego or bambam can answer. How could Armstrong's doctor get subpoenaed to testify against him? Isn't any discussion between a doctor and his patient supposed to be protected by physician–patient privilege?
jazzcyclist

Postby kuha » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:24 am

odelltrclan wrote:Whether the argument is "he was no different than other cyclists" or, that it "happened long ago", or that "PED use should be legal anyway", whatever the case may be, these are still arguments on his behalf. This is by its very definition what an "apologist" does.

This is just logically wrong. These are NOT "arguments on his behalf"--they are arguments about the real, actual, and larger problem--of which he is but one part. The meaningful point is this: if one is genuinely serious about the real, larger issue, then one needs to look beyond the big, fat, juicy, seductive, and primarily symbolic target of Lance Armstrong.
kuha

Postby jazzcyclist » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:26 am

odelltrclan wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:The folks who lay all of cycling's doping problems at the feet of Amrstrong and portray him as the godfather/mastermind of cycling's PED problems

You clearly are trying to lay such a term on me (in response to having properly used the English language) so please, do tell, anywhere where I have remotely come close to to laying "all of cycling's doping problems, etc. at the feet of Lance Armstrong. Your arguments are now starting to approach a level of ridiculousness.

I thinks it's pretty clear to everyone on this thread where you're coming from. Your words speak for themselves.
jazzcyclist

Previous