oh man, it's time to buy ANOTHER iPhone?!


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: oh man, it's time to buy ANOTHER iPhone?!

Postby Marlow » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:58 am

jamboy wrote:The iphone is so yesterday. I could name 10 android phones that are superior to the iphone in every way.

I'm thiiiiiiis close to getting a Samsung Galaxy Note II. Anyone with experience with it? It looks awesome. Amazon has it for $139 with a renewal of my Sprint contract.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21076
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: oh man, it's time to buy ANOTHER iPhone?!

Postby jamboy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Marlow wrote:
jamboy wrote:The iphone is so yesterday. I could name 10 android phones that are superior to the iphone in every way.

I'm thiiiiiiis close to getting a Samsung Galaxy Note II. Anyone with experience with it? It looks awesome. Amazon has it for $139 with a renewal of my Sprint contract.


All the reviews of the Galaxy Note II says it is great

I went to the Verizon store the other day to check it out and it was just awesome.

Great youtube review here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdsMwGWvhO4
jamboy
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:52 am

Re: oh man, it's time to buy ANOTHER iPhone?!

Postby Marlow » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:57 am

jamboy wrote:Great youtube review here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdsMwGWvhO4

D'oh, that did it! I just placed the order. No change to my data plan, so I'm in!!!
I'm such a geek - I hardly use the phone part at all, but I's got to have the lastest toy!! 8-)
Marlow
 
Posts: 21076
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: oh man, it's time to buy ANOTHER iPhone?!

Postby gm » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:06 am

I have had the Note 2 since it was released. Hate the touch screen, as I do all touch screens. Spawn of Satan.

Works ok for the most part, with several annoyances. It has been semi-useful for coaching with Coach's Eye installed, since the processor(s) are pretty quick.

Still beats the iWhatever ;)
gm
 
Posts: 4555
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: "What's the pre-cooked weight on that lab?"

Re: oh man, it's time to buy ANOTHER iPhone?!

Postby tandfman » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:13 am

gm wrote:I have had the Note 2 since it was released. Hate the touch screen, as I do all touch screens. Spawn of Satan.

Works ok for the most part, with several annoyances. It has been semi-useful for coaching with Coach's Eye installed, since the processor(s) are pretty quick.

Still beats the iWhatever ;)

But if you hate touch screens, shouldn't you be using a traditional BlackBerry?
tandfman
 
Posts: 15041
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: oh man, it's time to buy ANOTHER iPhone?!

Postby Conor Dary » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 am

tandfman wrote:
gm wrote:I have had the Note 2 since it was released. Hate the touch screen, as I do all touch screens. Spawn of Satan.

Works ok for the most part, with several annoyances. It has been semi-useful for coaching with Coach's Eye installed, since the processor(s) are pretty quick.

Still beats the iWhatever ;)

But if you hate touch screens, shouldn't you be using a traditional BlackBerry?


Or just a regular phone....My cellphone is probably 8 years old. I text about once a year. I did buy a fancier phone a couple of years ago, but the reception was lousier, so I went back to my old one with an antenna.
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: oh man, it's time to buy ANOTHER iPhone?!

Postby gm » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:31 pm

I wore out the keyboard on my last Blackberry and wanted to wait for the new BB10 model with a qwerty...my provider had a good deal on the Note 2 so I figured I would try it.
gm
 
Posts: 4555
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: "What's the pre-cooked weight on that lab?"

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests