any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Postby jamese1045 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:21 pm

highjumpfan wrote:
gh wrote:Will Piney pull the trigger?

How will Tig feel when the psilocybin wears off and he realizes he apologized to Donna (in the person of the doll)?


Is that what he was doing? It was unclear. Good thing Opie wasn't there. Tig probably won't remember it.


Not so unclear and very well tied in to---foreshadowing--things to come imo.

Looking forward to see what the likely--imo--recobciliation of Jax and Clay might be. Whatever comes of the other plots in SOA they got to schmeer those Nazis.
jamese1045
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:18 pm

Postby jeremyp » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:34 am

lonewolf wrote:I just found out I do have a DVR and have been paying the cable company about $16/month for (?) years.. I guess I will have to get my 8 year old grandson over here to show me how to use it.


One of my proudest moments as a techno moron was to get Tivo before my daughter! That and Netflix are the greatest buys any TV/movie lover can make.
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Postby jeremyp » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:38 am

gh wrote:IMDB is great for movies and almost as good for TV, but I've found that the best way to catch up on any TV show is to google "name of show episode guide" and the first thing on the list should be "www.tv.com/nameofshow"

Quickie synopsis of each episode, various reviews. Here's Sons:

http://www.tv.com/sons-of-anarchy/show/ ... aginator;1

You've got 20-odd bits to read, but should fill you in quickly enough.

At IMDB, you can get a clip from each show:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1124373/episodes


To me that's like doing a crossword puzzle with a dictionary. I much prefer to go to Netflix and get caught up, and tape the current season until I can get to it.

I'm doing that with Batllestar Gallactica right now and lovin it!
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Postby highjumpfan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:29 pm

Anybody else disappointed in the finale. Felt it lacked some of the rich dialogue and and intrigue of the rest of the season. Almost too predictable.
highjumpfan
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: right where I'm supposed to be.

Postby Dutra » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:59 pm

highjumpfan wrote:Anybody else disappointed in the finale. Felt it lacked some of the rich dialogue and and intrigue of the rest of the season. Almost too predictable.


I thought the episode tried too hard.
Dutra
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby jeremyp » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:44 pm

It would have been best to end it the way they did two weeks ago. With Gemma's revelation!
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Postby AS » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:20 pm

You've intrigued me. I'm gonna chase up an episode or two (online and legal of course).

No idea if it'll ever hit Australian screens
AS
 
Posts: 4501
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby gh » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:37 pm

gh wrote:This week's 90-minute episode was the best yet, with the use of Patty Griffin's Mary at the end a tear-jerker.

Katey Segal deserves an Emmy (I said that last year too, actually).

Of course, if a rogue-biker series isn't your cup o' tea......


Talkin' tear-jerker, and talent, Sagal (proper spelling) was stunning in this week's episode, not only as Gemma, but also as the one singing Cohen's Bird On A Wire to close it out. Wow!
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jeremyp » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:41 am

gh wrote: Talkin' tear-jerker, and talent, Sagal (proper spelling) was stunning in this week's episode, not only as Gemma, but also as the one singing Cohen's Bird On A Wire to close it out. Wow!


Had to admit I had tears in my eyes with that song overlay of the end of the episode. Did not know she sang that! Amazing! Wonder if she's going to Belfast? Cut out some Priest's heart?
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby gh » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:54 am

Or is she dead? Pretty convincing heart attack of her own I thought.

Note that she covered the Stones' Ruby Tuesday in season 2. She comes by her singing chops well; she was a member of the Harlettes in the '70s (Bette Midler's backup singers).

Note also that her sister, Liz, was the co-author of the script.
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby lonewolf » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:00 am

I watched a couple of episodes when this came up last year. Decided I did not have time or interest to catch up with the characters and story line.
Which is true in general. It is not possible for me (anyone?) to watch every movie/sit-com/sporting event/etc. I give up.
lonewolf
 
Posts: 8816
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Indian Territory

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jeremyp » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:52 pm

lonewolf wrote:I watched a couple of episodes when this came up last year. Decided I did not have time or interest to catch up with the characters and story line.
Which is true in general. It is not possible for me (anyone?) to watch every movie/sit-com/sporting event/etc. I give up.


You can if you focus only on the good ones.
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jeremyp » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:00 am

Anybody else catch the nice zinger on Sarah Palin on this week's show? Any guesses if that Priest is going to be SAMCRO bait?
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jamese1045 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:50 pm

gh wrote:This week's 90-minute episode was the best yet, with the use of Patty Griffin's Mary at the end a tear-jerker.

Katey Segal deserves an Emmy (I said that last year too, actually).

Of course, if a rogue-biker series isn't your cup o' tea......

Guess which old fool, after decades of yelling at characters on the screen to Don't Go into the basement! Don't Go into the water! Don't Go into the attic. Do NOT GO into that damned castle! Spent some minutes tonight yelling at the SOA guys Don't Go into that barn all together!!!!

They went. Sigh. :(
jamese1045
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:18 pm

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby gh » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:03 pm

jeremyp wrote:
lonewolf wrote:I watched a couple of episodes when this came up last year. Decided I did not have time or interest to catch up with the characters and story line.
Which is true in general. It is not possible for me (anyone?) to watch every movie/sit-com/sporting event/etc. I give up.


You can if you focus only on the good ones.


And I've found that the best way to watch is by saturation, of sorts. Anything that's good on a weekly basis is infinitely better when watched daily. Your appreciation of plot development, getting inside the dramatis personae, etc., etc. all improve at a geometric rate. So get hold of a whole season of SOA (or whatever) and eat up 45 minutes of your life every night for two weeks. Entertainment of the highest order (and no commercials).
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jeremyp » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:26 am

gh wrote: And I've found that the best way to watch is by saturation, of sorts. Anything that's good on a weekly basis is infinitely better when watched daily. Your appreciation of plot development, getting inside the dramatis personae, etc., etc. all improve at a geometric rate. So get hold of a whole season of SOA (or whatever) and eat up 45 minutes of your life every night for two weeks. Entertainment of the highest order (and no commercials).


My wife and I have an ongoing argument. She wants all the episodes back to back; I want them a few at a time. Since I control the flicks on Netflix I get control, control freak that I am.
We did get through Battlestar Gallactica in about two months, and The Shield in four. Since I don't get HBO or Showtime we have to be patient for Nurse Jackie, Big Love, and Treatment.
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby gh » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:13 pm

When the Babster and I got into Lost we watched at least two a day every day for weeks.
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jeremyp » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Once in a while the show will slow down and display it's heart. Last episode did that. The prolonged scene where Jax watches his son's adoptive parents in an indoor market, and the agony on his face as he struggles with the biggest sacrifice of all: giving up his son so he can live a normal life. And then his distress at finding them in their Hotel room. It was great movie making.

Also loved the previous episode when he finds out, just in time, that he almost committed incest. "I was ten minutes from dancing in Tig territory."
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby gh » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:01 pm

At the risk of waxing medieval, at least we've finally been "freed of this wretched priest"!

(or have we.....?)
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jeremyp » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:45 pm

gh wrote:At the risk of waxing medieval, at least we've finally been "freed of this wretched priest"!

(or have we.....?)


I suspect he's gone after having gone to a Christ like death. My guess it's to appease those who thought his character was leaning more towards the devil.
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby gh » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:08 pm

wow.... a season finale ripped straight out of the Godfather (and not in a bad way). Utterly fabulous.

Battlme's cover of Hey Hey My My was perfection as wrap-it-up music.
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jamese1045 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:15 am

gh wrote:wow.... a season finale ripped straight out of the Godfather (and not in a bad way). Utterly fabulous.

Battlme's cover of Hey Hey My My was perfection as wrap-it-up music.


*standing, ovating* Wow! I didn't see that coming. I just knew Stall was going to get it, but didn't see it coming to Opie (stone killer). But I knew the Serrif was up to something, when he swung back to the boys and Clay gave him the Godfather "kiss." just didn't know The Serriff was in on the set-up. Ha, didn't know there WAS a set-up.

Great ending--for now. One of the times I approve of bloody violence in tv. just wish Stall'd have had more time to suffer. :mrgreen:
jamese1045
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:18 pm

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby gh » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:02 pm

How great is the plotting/character development when you find yourself cheering a rogue biker as he machine-guns an ATF agent in the back of the head while she begs for mercy?!
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby lonewolf » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:22 pm

jamese1045 wrote:[Great ending--for now. One of the times I approve of bloody violence in tv. just wish Stall'd have had more time to suffer. :mrgreen:

Ya'll are going to tease me into catching up on this entire series.. I do love righteous retribution.. :evil:
lonewolf
 
Posts: 8816
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Indian Territory

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jeremyp » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:34 am

My staid British wife was muttering "kill the bitch" throughout. My guess is they had her off her lover in order for the audience to get into the mood. The ending sure fooled me. Now we have 2 shows with characters doing time in the off season. The other one is "Terriers." And one on the lam: "Breaking Bad."
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby gh » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:04 am

So which of 3 versions of Sons do we get next year:

•one in which they escape the slammer and life goes on?

•one which, Desparate Housewives-like, simply jumps ahead in time?

•Oz II?
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jeremyp » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:57 am

gh wrote:So which of 3 versions of Sons do we get next year:

•one in which they escape the slammer and life goes on?

•one which, Desparate Housewives-like, simply jumps ahead in time?

•Oz II?


Prison break?
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby gh » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:23 am

gh wrote:This week's 90-minute episode was the best yet, with the use of Patty Griffin's Mary at the end a tear-jerker.

Katey Sagal deserves an Emmy (I said that last year too, actually).

Of course, if a rogue-biker series isn't your cup o' tea......


Glad to see that at least the Golden Globes got it right and gave Sagal Best Actress.

The Beauteous Babs and I just spent last couple of weeks rewatching all 39 episodes in close succession. Amazing how much more character development comes out when the preceding episodes are fresher in your mind. But what a great cliffhanger to season 4!
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby gh » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Whoa! Fuck the Russians, indeed!

Season 4 off to a kick (fucking-ass) start!
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jeremyp » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:10 pm

gh wrote:Whoa! Fuck the Russians, indeed!

Season 4 off to a kick (fucking-ass) start!


Yes the bad boys are back, and already in need of new enemies. When will Jax's gf realize he's as likely to leave SAMCRO as Michael Corleone was to leave the Corleones? Will she care? Will she take over Gemma's mantle?
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby gh » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:17 pm

and another Deadwood alum joins the ensemble: Ray McKinnon as the new ADA. You may remember him as the wacked-out preacher when last we left South Dakota.
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jeremyp » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Boy are they making Clay out to be a mean SOB in this years series. If he's not careful Gemma might just exchange cyanide for his Viagara. If I were Tara I'd split with the kid before Macbeth and Lady get seriously pissed at her.
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby Dutra » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:35 am

jeremyp wrote:
gh wrote:Whoa! Fuck the Russians, indeed!

Season 4 off to a kick (fucking-ass) start!


Yes the bad boys are back, and already in need of new enemies. When will Jax's gf realize he's as likely to leave SAMCRO as Michael Corleone was to leave the Corleones? Will she care? Will she take over Gemma's mantle?


I enjoy the show but the "Jax wants out" angle is becoming a bit tiresome. Much like Rescue Me's Tommy " almost drinks, drinks, beats someone up and we're back to normal next week" angle got tiring after a while.

I find myself thinking "just leave dammit!".
Dutra
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby gh » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:07 pm

chili anyone?
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby Dutra » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:34 pm

gh wrote:chili anyone?


:lol:

That was awesome.
Dutra
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jeremyp » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:31 am

Looks like they're setting up Clay to be offed by either Jax or Opie, or even Gemma. He has gone way off the rez.
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jeremyp » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:40 pm

O.K. SAMCRO fans here's a few questions:

1. Will Clay be offed? 2. This year or next? Will the season end with a "who killed J.R. redux"?
3. Who will off him?
4. Will Gemma ride off with Tig?
5. Will Juice get outed and will the club accept him?
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby Dutra » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:06 pm

jeremyp wrote:O.K. SAMCRO fans here's a few questions:

1. Will Clay be offed? 2. This year or next? Will the season end with a "who killed J.R. redux"?
3. Who will off him?
4. Will Gemma ride off with Tig?
5. Will Juice get outed and will the club accept him?


There's only one person that can stop Tara from being killed.....Tara...so I think Tara will end up killing Clay.

I've thought for a few weeks that the series is headed towards jax and tara inheriting the roles of Gemma and Clay. Gemma will stick around as matriarch since she's married to Kirk Sutter.

I can't figure out the Otto angle. They spent so much time on it last night that he somehow has to be involved in whatever major story line ongoing happens but I can't figure that out.
Dutra
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby gh » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:37 pm

The whole Otto thread, as I read it, is that if he takes the deal, the club is finished, so it's a huge problem lurking in the background.... can the boys escape at the last minute once again?!

Of course, bringing him back in also gave us a chance to revisit the porn set, so we got gratuitous (semi)nudity, and, of course, another colorful shooting.

Although I must note that (I've been watching too much CSI!) given where the guys were standing, and with all the shots going through the lid of the trunk, most of the lead ended up in the back seat, not in Georgie Caruso.
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: any other Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Postby jeremyp » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:14 pm

gh wrote:Although I must note that (I've been watching too much CSI!) given where the guys were standing, and with all the shots going through the lid of the trunk, most of the lead ended up in the back seat, not in Georgie Caruso.
I think Roseanne Barr asked for a stay of execution. :D
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rye Catcher and 6 guests