A Great Day For PETA

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: A Great Day For PETA

Postby odelltrclan » Wed May 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Marlow wrote:Whenever I get stung by bee/wasp/hornet, I try to kill it. Whenever I try to kill one that hasn't stung me, it tries to 'kill' me. Seems like a fair and equitable scheme to me.
Elephant 1
Poacher 0

I got stung on the heel by a scorpion while sleeping about a month ago. Most painful 24 hours of my life afterward. :evil: Entire body went numb, including my teeth. Foot where I was stung had numbness for 11 days afterward. I am out hunting them down every night now. Eight on Tuesday, six more last night. If PETA is for these creatures then they can kiss my backside.
odelltrclan

Postby Marlow » Wed May 15, 2013 3:30 pm

odelltrclan wrote:Maybe you score one when they are attempts by someone to harm or abuse them, for this poor guy, that did not appear to be the case.

Well . . . do you like hamburgers?
Marlow

Postby odelltrclan » Wed May 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Marlow wrote:
odelltrclan wrote:Maybe you score one when they are attempts by someone to harm or abuse them, for this poor guy, that did not appear to be the case.

Well . . . do you like hamburgers?

Eat more Chickin! :?
odelltrclan

Postby Blues » Fri May 17, 2013 8:34 pm

The story gh linked to is tragic, but it might not be a case of "psycho killer cattle from hell"...

In previous cases where people were trampled by cows in Wiltshire, the victims unfortunately chose to walk their dogs in a cow field, and the dogs apparently spooked the cows who were protecting their calves, resulting in the cows trampling the dog owners.. In the case that gh linked to, the men were also walking their dogs when they were trampled (according to another news article).

In two Wiltshire cases late last year a woman survived but suffered some broken bones after being trampled when her dog scared the cows, and around the same time a woman was trampled to death while also walking her dog in a field of cattle. Maybe it's not the best idea to walk your dog in a field full of cows, especially in Wiltshire...
Blues

Previous