A Great Day For PETA

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: A Great Day For PETA

Postby jazzcyclist » Sat May 22, 2010 9:39 am

jazzcyclist

Postby gh » Sat May 22, 2010 11:25 am

If he dies does the bull get his ears?
gh

Postby Marlow » Sat May 22, 2010 12:58 pm

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! That's too gross even for me! :shock:
[but I still have little sympathy for the matador . . . :( ]
Marlow

Postby lonewolf » Sat May 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Is there a manual on the proper procedure to remove a matador gored through the neck from the horn of an enraged bull?
lonewolf

Postby jazzcyclist » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:17 pm

jazzcyclist

Postby jazzcyclist » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:44 am

jazzcyclist

Postby rasb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:05 am

In addition to being gored by a bull, I wonder if there are bonus points for being urinated by a bull, kicked in the 'nads by a bull, or the ultimate --- being "buggered" by a bull...
Bulls should get together and talk about these possible options, and get on the bonus system...
Might as well have some fun prior to getting carved up, right ?
rasb

Postby lonewolf » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:58 am

Am I the only one who always roots for the bull?
lonewolf

Postby Marlow » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:02 am

lonewolf wrote:Am I the only one who always roots for the bull?

i think most of are for the bull!.

If the intent of the sport is to kill the bull (or is it just to prove how macho one is?), then, by all means, the object of the sport for the bull is to kill the matador.
Marlow

Postby SQUACKEE » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:50 am

Marlow wrote:
lonewolf wrote:Am I the only one who always roots for the bull?

i think most of are for the bull!.

If the intent of the sport is to kill the bull (or is it just to prove how macho one is?), then, by all means, the object of the sport for the bull is to kill the matador.

Yep and i always root for the underbull, i mean underdog. If one of them has to die in the contest then it should be the one that was forced to fight against it's will. Like a street fight started by some punk against an innocent bystander, die punk die! :twisted:
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby jazzcyclist » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:06 am

PETA should adopt the bull as its mascot since it seems that this is the animal that contributes to most of its triumphs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/1 ... 87368.html
jazzcyclist

Postby jazzcyclist » Wed May 15, 2013 5:49 am

Now elephants are getting in on the fun.

An elephant in Zimbabwe reportedly trampled a poacher who was attempting to kill the wild animal.

Solomon Manjoro, a suspected poacher, was trampled to death by an elephant in Charara National Park in Gatshe-Gatshe, Kariba, according to the state-run Zimbabwe newspaper The Sunday Mail. Manjoro and his friend Noluck Tafuruka are said to have visited the park between April 19 and 26, armed with two rifles, for the purpose of hunting. The deceased poacher is thought to have tried to shoot the elephant before he was trampled.

Manjoro's remains were found after Tafuruka was arrested on charges of possessing firearms without a license, The Sunday Mail reports. A third man linked to the poaching incident was also arrested.

Although it is unclear how common elephant trampling is, TreeHugger notes that elephants may be purposefully striking back at the threat of poachers: "Perhaps as more of the animals have lost family members to poaching, they've grown more aggressive to those appearing to be a similar threat."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/1 ... 74260.html
jazzcyclist

Postby Marlow » Wed May 15, 2013 8:03 am

Whenever I get stung by bee/wasp/hornet, I try to kill it. Whenever I try to kill one that hasn't stung me, it tries to 'kill' me. Seems like a fair and equitable scheme to me.
Elephant 1
Poacher 0
Marlow

Postby gh » Wed May 15, 2013 2:23 pm

gh

Postby odelltrclan » Wed May 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Maybe you score one when they are attempts by someone to harm or abuse them, for this poor guy, that did not appear to be the case.
odelltrclan

Postby odelltrclan » Wed May 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Marlow wrote:Whenever I get stung by bee/wasp/hornet, I try to kill it. Whenever I try to kill one that hasn't stung me, it tries to 'kill' me. Seems like a fair and equitable scheme to me.
Elephant 1
Poacher 0

I got stung on the heel by a scorpion while sleeping about a month ago. Most painful 24 hours of my life afterward. :evil: Entire body went numb, including my teeth. Foot where I was stung had numbness for 11 days afterward. I am out hunting them down every night now. Eight on Tuesday, six more last night. If PETA is for these creatures then they can kiss my backside.
odelltrclan

Postby Marlow » Wed May 15, 2013 3:30 pm

odelltrclan wrote:Maybe you score one when they are attempts by someone to harm or abuse them, for this poor guy, that did not appear to be the case.

Well . . . do you like hamburgers?
Marlow

Postby odelltrclan » Wed May 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Marlow wrote:
odelltrclan wrote:Maybe you score one when they are attempts by someone to harm or abuse them, for this poor guy, that did not appear to be the case.

Well . . . do you like hamburgers?

Eat more Chickin! :?
odelltrclan

Postby Blues » Fri May 17, 2013 8:34 pm

The story gh linked to is tragic, but it might not be a case of "psycho killer cattle from hell"...

In previous cases where people were trampled by cows in Wiltshire, the victims unfortunately chose to walk their dogs in a cow field, and the dogs apparently spooked the cows who were protecting their calves, resulting in the cows trampling the dog owners.. In the case that gh linked to, the men were also walking their dogs when they were trampled (according to another news article).

In two Wiltshire cases late last year a woman survived but suffered some broken bones after being trampled when her dog scared the cows, and around the same time a woman was trampled to death while also walking her dog in a field of cattle. Maybe it's not the best idea to walk your dog in a field full of cows, especially in Wiltshire...
Blues

Next