Pego the Psychic


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Pego the Psychic

Postby Pego » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:21 am

It has been customary to predict the year. As a Great Seeer, these are my GARAUNTEED predictions for 2006. Well, number 5 is a wishful thinking.

1. Madonna will not get impregnated by aliens.
2. There will be several natural disasters in the world.
3. Pat Robertson will say something incredibly asinine.
4. The world record in men High Jump will be at 245 at the end of the year.
5. WCSN will provide a web cast for the World Cup.
6. The Green Bay Packers will not win the Super Bowl.
7. New “authentic” photographs of the Bigfoot will be published.
8. T & F will get no media respect.
9. The USA soccer team will not win the World Cup.
10. A politician will be disgraced.
Pego
 
Posts: 10197
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: Pego the Psychic

Postby tafnut » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:13 am

Pego wrote:It has been customary to predict the year. As a Great Seeer, these are my GARAUNTEED predictions for 2006. Well, number 5 is a wishful thinking.

1. Madonna will not get impregnated by aliens.
2. There will be several natural disasters in the world.
3. Pat Robertson will say something incredibly asinine.
4. The world record in men High Jump will be at 245 at the end of the year.
5. WCSN will provide a web cast for the World Cup.
6. The Green Bay Packers will not win the Super Bowl.
7. New “authentic” photographs of the Bigfoot will be published.
8. T & F will get no media respect.
9. The USA soccer team will not win the World Cup.
10. A politician will be disgraced.


"Great Seeer . . . GARAUNTEED"?!

The first thing I see is that you and the Squackman are going to Remedial Typing School! :D Other than that, I think you are "Spot On" (that's my new favorite phrase!) with those calls! I might add

1. PEDs will be discovered in more sports (gasp!).
2. Conte will come out of the Slammer a totally rehabilitated man, sworn to Clean Up the Sport! (at least that's what he'll say!).
3. two famous celebrities will marry.
4. that couple will get their marriage annulled, even after she gives birth to their child (which came shortly after their marriage).
5. a critically acclaimed movie will come out that NO ONE pays to go see (there's one out right now, as a matter of fact).
6. TV shows will get even sillier.
7. everyone will suddenly see how silly it is to own an SUV and will all trade them in for Hybrids (I wish!).
8. the price of gas will fluctuate in direct proportion to how greedy the oil execs are feeling that day.
9. (MJD special) the Canuckian dollar will be worth $1.01 Murkan
10. Squackee and Bad Hammy will pass tafnut in total posts, at which point, he (tafnut) will have a nervous breakdown, be institutionalized and gh will be named his legal guardian. :shock:

Happy New Year, Everyone!
tafnut
 
Posts: 26684
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Lost at C (-minus)

Re: Pego the Psychic

Postby MJD » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:42 am

tafnut wrote:9. (MJD special) the Canuckian dollar will be worth $1.01 Murkan


Just FYI. USAnian market was one of the worst performers in the world in 2005. It dropped while the Canuck market went up 22% and change. Factor in the fact that the dollar went from 1.202 to 1.1606 and that magnifies the difference. Too much debt, too big a trade deficit and you don't make or produce much relative to what you used to. Don't go long on the dollar.
MJD
 
Posts: 13402
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Postby EPelle » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:11 pm

2006:

01: Hich@m El Guerrouj trains Jeremy W@riner for an assault on No@h Ngeny:s 1000m WR. Wariner, subsequently, drops his Crayola sponsor, sells his favourite photo shot of his girlfriend on EBay, and moves up to... the 1,500m - keeping those 800m hopefuls at bay.

02: April 13-19. Paula R@dcliffe camps out in front of Gabby Sz@bo:s residence for six-straight days, and on the seventh, drives her Porsche onto Sz@bo:s lawn, through the living room wall, and parks it in the kitchen. R@dcliffe angry that her SMS pleas to Sz@bo to run for Athletics Drug Enforcement went unanswered.

03: God stops listening and pushes enter. Then God attempts to find the delete button in a mad dash to mark void the words and thoughts he put to life, only to find Santa:s Helper had gone home for the evening. Police report follows, but no charges filed. Who could put away God?

04: Easter day, 21.04. t@fnut takes day off, but sneaks peek at board. Temptation to overcome tafnut, as m@lmo and s@tch story ("Romper Room Rage") makes its way to Things Not T&F board.

05: 4-July. M.J.D. comes out with book, "Red White and Blue - Conte and You".

06: Squ@ckee considered for "Most Powerful Man in the World" by TIME.

07: 16-August. "Red, White and Blue - Conte and You" sales exceed 2.000.000, M.J.D. donates pen to IAAF.

08: xcf@n provided a ticket to Kenya to discover the effects altitude has on squirrel reproduction.

09: September. Eldrikk (sic) comes out with his fancy calculator - available at a store near you.

10: "Keg for G@be" campaign begins, first dollar supports new shoe laces for future USA ultra-distance hope.
EPelle
 
Posts: 21442
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby MJD » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:27 pm

A little early to be going for a Tafnie.
MJD
 
Posts: 13402
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Postby Pego » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:41 pm

<The first thing I see is that you and the Squackman are going to Remedial Typing School! >

LOL! I thought it was funny.
Pego
 
Posts: 10197
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Postby SQUACKEE » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:13 pm

Pego wrote:<The first thing I see is that you and the Squackman are going to Remedial Typing School! >

LOL! I thought it was funny.



da pego and a squack r like really smart n stuff- dont ever question us ok?
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby tafnut » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:17 pm

SQUACKEE wrote:da pego and a squack r like really smart n stuff- dont ever question us ok?


In point of fact, you and pego ARE beyond reproach for many reasons, none the least of which are your posting skilz! :D
tafnut
 
Posts: 26684
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Lost at C (-minus)

Re: Pego the Psychic

Postby MJD » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:48 pm

Pego wrote:3. Pat Robertson will say something incredibly asinine.


"Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson suggested Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister
Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine punishment for "dividing God's land.""

ttp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060105/ap_o ... son_sharon
MJD
 
Posts: 13402
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Pego the Psychic

Postby Daisy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:55 pm

MJD wrote:
Pego wrote:3. Pat Robertson will say something incredibly asinine.

"Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson suggested Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister
Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine punishment for "dividing God's land.""
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060105/ap_ ... son_sharon

I was thinking this has to be a joke site. Something like the onion. But no. With Pat and ilk it has got to the point where it is impossible to distinguish between parody and reality.
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Pego the Psychic

Postby tafnut » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:35 pm

Daisy wrote:With Pat and ilk it has got to the point where it is impossible to distinguish between parody and reality.


well, thank ye kindly! :D
tafnut
 
Posts: 26684
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Lost at C (-minus)

Re: Pego the Psychic

Postby SQUACKEE » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:37 am

Daisy wrote:
MJD wrote:
Pego wrote:3. Pat Robertson will say something incredibly asinine.

"Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson suggested Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister
Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine punishment for "dividing God's land.""
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060105/ap_ ... son_sharon

I was thinking this has to be a joke site. Something like the onion. But no. With Pat and ilk it has got to the point where it is impossible to distinguish between parody and reality.


it must be awesum to know which natural disasters and which human aliments are god's wrath or just pure chance. pat either talks to god on the phone or he is insane......or both. the dinosaurs's got whacked with a big ole asteriod! what did they ever do to anyone?
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Re: Pego the Psychic

Postby Jefferson Buffalo » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:16 am

SQUACKEE wrote: the dinosaurs's got whacked with a big ole asteriod! what did they ever do to anyone?

They didn't accept Jesus!
Jefferson Buffalo
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Pego the Psychic

Postby SQUACKEE » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:37 am

Jefferson Buffalo wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote: the dinosaurs's got whacked with a big ole asteriod! what did they ever do to anyone?

They didn't accept Jesus!


im pretty sure t-rex was a devil worshipper! :twisted: but i know the bronotsaurus were practicing jehovah's witness's. :arrow: 8)
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby Pego » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:23 am

Hey, how is this for greatness? Not one whole week into the year and 3,6,7 and 10 have happened already.
Pego
 
Posts: 10197
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Postby tafnut » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:39 am

Pego wrote:Hey, how is this for greatness? Not one whole week into the year and 3,6,7 and 10 have happened already.


and #8 is being worked on as we speak. :cry:

After the recent fruition of #3, isn't it time we retired him from the media watch. The poor guy can't help himself.
tafnut
 
Posts: 26684
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Lost at C (-minus)

Postby tandfman » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:47 am

tafnut wrote: The poor guy can't help himself.

He may not be able to help himself, but I doubt that he's poor.
tandfman
 
Posts: 15041
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Postby Pego » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:47 am

tafnut wrote:
After the recent fruition of #3, isn't it time we retired him from the media watch. The poor guy can't help himself.


The meek shall inherit the Earth.
Pego
 
Posts: 10197
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests