This idiot need some organizational skills

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

This idiot need some organizational skills

Postby MJD » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:00 am

On the front page of Letsrun. This definitely belongs in this forum. Has nothing AT ALL to do with the marathon. And what exactly does the "depth of winter" mean practically in the UK? Not much, I would think.

"A minimum of 25 miles a week in the depth of winter, at least five runs of 15 miles in the few months leading up to the big event, plus one of 20 miles three weeks before it. Presumably those who write these plans do not have a life."

http://sport.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main ... imw224.xml
MJD

Re: This idiot need some organizational skills

Postby Conor Dary » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:00 am

'On the front page of Letsrun. This definitely belongs in this forum. Has nothing AT ALL to do with the marathon. And what exactly does the "depth of winter" mean practically in the UK? Not much, I would think.

"A minimum of 25 miles a week in the depth of winter, at least five runs of 15 miles in the few months leading up to the big event, plus one of 20 miles three weeks before it. Presumably those who write these plans do not have a life." '

Since most of the UK is at the same latitude as Hudson Bay, in the 'bleak midwinter' means that unless you like running in dark you better run at noon.

By the way, when I first read the original I thought the kid had a point. Then I realized it was not 25 miles a day. What a lazy oaf.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.