Songs for Baby Boomers

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Songs for Baby Boomers

Postby maggot » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:14 am

*It was fun being a baby boomer..till now.
Some of the artists of the 60s/70s are revising their hits with new
lyrics to accommodate the aging baby boomers.

They include:

1. Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker

2. The Bee Gees - How Can You Mend a Broken Hip

3. Bobby Darin - Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' a Flash

4. Ringo Starr - I Get By With a Little Help from Depends

5. Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face

6. Johnny Nash - I Can't See Clearly Now

7. Paul Simon - Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver

8. Commodores - once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom

9. Marvin Gaye - I Heard it Through the Grape Nuts

10. Procol Harem - A Whiter Shade of Hair

11. Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Napping

12. The Temptations - Papa's Got a brand new Kidney Stone

13. Abba - Denture Queen

14. Tony Orlando - Knock 3 Times on the Ceiling if you Hear Me Fall

15. Helen Reddy - I am Woman, Hear me Snore

16. Willie Nelson - on the Throne Again

17. Leslie Gore - It's My Procedure and I'll Cry if I Want To*
maggot

Postby tafnut » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:25 am

Priceless! I can relate :D
tafnut

Postby Walt Murphy » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:05 pm

The list would be a lot funnier if so many of the "tunes" didn't hit so close to homejavascript:emoticon(':)')
Walt Murphy

Postby maggot » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:41 pm

Walt Murphy wrote:The list would be a lot funnier if so many of the "tunes" didn't hit so close to home

You need to be a certain age for all of them to make sense. Here's another one that boomers can relate to.
How can you tell it's 2005 instead of 1955?
When you walk into a store you can ask for a condom in a loud voice but need to whisper when you ask for cigarettes.
maggot

Postby tafnut » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:06 pm

maggot wrote:How can you tell it's 2005 instead of 1955?

I'm so senile, when I wrote a check last week (which I rarely do anymore), I was filling in the date, and started to write 19. . . and then couldn't figure out why I was so stumped with what came after that!! :shock: I looked at the young girl clerk and quickly tore it up, saying I had put in the wrong amount. :o
tafnut

Postby SQUACKEE » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:24 am

tafnut wrote:
maggot wrote:How can you tell it's 2005 instead of 1955?

I'm so senile, when I wrote a check last week (which I rarely do anymore), I was filling in the date, and started to write 19. . . and then couldn't figure out why I was so stumped with what came after that!! :shock: I looked at the young girl clerk and quickly tore it up, saying I had put in the wrong amount. :o

so...... memory goin ugh? :twisted: you didnt forget that $500.00 buckaroos i kindly lent you last year, did you? :shock: well dont worry about it. im such a nice guy i'll take only $400. your welcome! :twisted: i mean this face :D
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby tafnut » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:14 am

SQUACKEE wrote:so...... memory goin ugh? :twisted: you didnt forget that $500.00 buckaroos i kindly lent you last year, did you? :shock: well dont worry about it. im such a nice guy i'll take only $400. your welcome! :twisted: i mean this face :D

Yes, I DO remember that, but apparently YOU have forgotten that right after I paid you back, you promised NEVER to eat mashed potatoes again (so as to keep your girlish figure)! :shock:
tafnut

Postby SQUACKEE » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:27 am

tafnut wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:so...... memory goin ugh? :twisted: you didnt forget that $500.00 buckaroos i kindly lent you last year, did you? :shock: well dont worry about it. im such a nice guy i'll take only $400. your welcome! :twisted: i mean this face :D

Yes, I DO remember that, but apparently YOU have forgotten that right after I paid you back, you promised NEVER to eat mashed potatoes again (so as to keep your girlish figure)! :shock:

unfortunately in my case the opposite is true. the mashed potatoes are feeding my newly formed man boobs and soft flabby body.
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles