Stealth Drinks

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Stealth Drinks

Postby gh » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:44 am

(i.e., those that you can sit and drink a ton of and never stop to think that you might actually be imbibing alcohol until you wake up the next day nekkid on your neighbor's roof)

Let me start the list w/ Baileys. Particularly when you're doing a side-by-side w/ Bushmills Irish Creme.
gh

Re: Stealth Drinks

Postby EPelle » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:03 am

gh wrote:(i.e., those that you can sit and drink a ton of and never stop to think that you might actually be imbibing alcohol until you wake up the next day nekkid on your neighbor's roof)...

Peachtree.
EPelle

Postby bad hammy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:09 am

Isn't that the claim to fame for Long Island Ice Teas?? Personally, I prefer to feel the effects right away.
bad hammy

Stealth Drinks

Postby tandfman » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:34 am

Since it's SO relevant to this topic, I thought I'd copy this from a post I made last month on the Worst Alcoholic Drink thread:

One hot June day many, many years ago, a thirsty young tandfman accepted an offer of hospitality from a friend and learned the hard way the answer to the question "What does a 50-50 mixture of gin and cherry kool-aid taste like?" The answer, it turned out, is that it tastes exactly like cherry kool-aid.

After a few hours of unconsciousness, I did recover from that experience . . . .I haven't had a drop of cherry kool-aid since.
tandfman

Postby marknhj » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:00 am

There is a direct correlation between Long Island Ice Tea's and me living in the US. In LA in 1984 Dave Ottley announced he'd discovered this great drink; we, of course, went down to Westwood to try some. First impression was that it was just coke - after imbibing 4 in less than an hour I met a Nike rep .... 20 years later and I'm still here...
marknhj

Postby big mac » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:08 am

Much like the Cherry cool aid, I'd have to go with Vodka cruisers, particularly the blueberry, guava and lime versions. They go down like smooth cooldrink, but definitely have some effect in large quantities (providing someone else pays for them)

Baileys I agree with also.

I'll stick with beer.
big mac

Postby wineturtle » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:37 pm

Prompted by gh this experiment started>
18 Dec-vodka with water=got drunk
19 Dec-scotch with water=got drunk
20 Dec- blended rye and water=got drunk
21 Dec-bourbon and water=got drunk
22 Dec-rum and water=got drunk
23 Dec-brandy and water=got drunk
24Dec-Canadian and water=got drunk
25 Dec=rest day
26 Dec-tequlia with water=got drunk
27 Dec-Tennessee and water=got drunk

QED-water makes you drunk!
wineturtle

Postby bad hammy » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:11 pm

wineturtle wrote:Prompted by gh this experiment started>
18 Dec-vodka with water=got drunk
19 Dec-scotch with water=got drunk
20 Dec- blended rye and water=got drunk
21 Dec-bourbon and water=got drunk
22 Dec-rum and water=got drunk
23 Dec-brandy and water=got drunk
24Dec-Canadian and water=got drunk
25 Dec=rest day
26 Dec-tequlia with water=got drunk
27 Dec-Tennessee and water=got drunk

QED-water makes you drunk!

I love the punch line, but why are you ruining all of those good drinks with water??
bad hammy

Postby Daisy » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:18 pm

bad hammy wrote:
wineturtle wrote:Prompted by gh this experiment started>QED-water makes you drunk!

I love the punch line, but why are you ruining all of those good drinks with water??

Because otherwise how would h get the buzz, or is he worried that the control might dispprove his theory? 8)
Daisy

Postby EPelle » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:56 am

I must be tired... thought this thread was headlined "Death Stinks".
EPelle

Re: Stealth Drinks

Postby wineturtle » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:12 pm

gh wrote:(i.e., those that you can sit and drink a ton of and never stop to think that you might actually be imbibing alcohol until you wake up the next day nekkid on your neighbor's roof)

Let me start the list w/ Baileys. Particularly when you're doing a side-by-side w/ Bushmills Irish Creme.

Baileys Irish Creme is a sister company to Burger King under Diageo PLC
This brand is the established quaility benchmark for an industry sub specialty niche-Creme(Cream) Ligueurs :roll:
Bushmills Irish Creme
Carolans Irish Creme
Devonshire Cream Liqueur
Diana's Creme Liqueur
Droste Bittersweet Chocolate
Dunphy's Irish Creme
Emmets Irish Creme
O'Darby Cream
Rathaus Swiss Chocolate
Vandermint Chocolate Mint
Venetian Cream
Waterford Cream Irish

Any more of this crappola out there?????

Just load it with vodka whizz it up in a Waring and you got a drunken chick who will up cookie all over your neck at the really really wrong time. Plus the sweats and tee you loan her never comes back to visit sober to "set it straight again"
As before I'll marry the next gal that says" Bourbon little ice little water...what ever you got in the rack is fine!! I hear your not with your old lady anymore"
wineturtle