Ronaldo Wants Nobel Peace Prize

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Ronaldo Wants Nobel Peace Prize

Postby EPelle » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:11 am

One of fotboll:s biggest stars, Ronaldo - a UNICEF ambassador - wants to someday earn a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts off the field. Is he deserving of such an award? Who among the other sports stars active today should challenge for such a high-ranking award?

EPelle

Postby tafnut » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:54 am

He is disqualified from consideration after sporting that goofy triangle hair style in the last World Cup. Anyway, Tiger Woods' dad already has declared that Tiger would be the world's messiah!
tafnut

Postby gh » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:44 pm

OK, I get it.... we need to create a separate forum for humor
gh

Re: Ronaldo Wants Nobel Peace Prize

Postby bambam » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:09 pm

[quote="EPelle"]One of fotboll:s biggest stars, Ronaldo - a UNICEF ambassador - wants to someday earn a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts off the field. Is he deserving of such an award? Who among the other sports stars active today should challenge for such a high-ranking award?

What about Terrell Owens? Or maybe Ron Artest?
bambam

Postby big mac » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:09 pm

There are far more deserving people out there who will never win the award cause they shut up and get on with things trying to make the world a better place. As much as I respect what Bono and Bob Geldorf do, they still lose it. I suppose one would have to grow up in Africa to truly understand that things don't change. Debt relief and all does NOTHING

And back on topic, the Israeli Army should get the peace prize, yeah right lol
big mac