The $5k Toilet: The Latest in High-End for the Rear End

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

The $5k Toilet: The Latest in High-End for the Rear End

Postby bad hammy » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:50 pm

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... las05.html

Includes heated seat, automatic wash and dry.

A quick registration may be required, but just make stuff up - they do not send a confirming email. It is worth it.
bad hammy

Postby EPelle » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:20 am

Arizona Central wrote:"I couldn't see spending $5,000 on a toilet," she said. "But the heated seat would be nice. I'm from New Jersey."

What say ye from Hotlanta, Florida and California?

Arizona Central wrote:Approach it, and the lid lifts up. Stand in front of it a few more seconds, and the seat rises. The Neorest automatically flushes and lowers the lid upon completion.

That could end marital disputes about the position of the seat. Although it could make the "Honey, where's the remote?" question a little more urgent.
EPelle

Postby marknhj » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:14 am

About 4 hours ago Lani returned to bed and exclaimed, "That f****** toilet seat is freezing...". I'm not going to show her the article as she'll want to buy one :?
marknhj

Postby SQUACKEE » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:18 am

doesnt your ass deserve the best? wife's response," of course honey, thats why im so good to you."
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby The Kitchen Cynic » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:27 am

EPelle wrote:
Arizona Central wrote:That could end marital disputes about the position of the seat. [/color]

"Women are irrational, that's all there is to that! Their heads are full of cotton, hay, and rags!" Thus spake Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady. (Full lyrics to the song "A Hymn to Him" can be found at http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/myfairla ... ntohim.htm )

I, like so many men, get this nonsense from my wife whenever I leave the toilet seat up. I have never understood it. If I leave the seat up, it demonstrates that I have put it up to begin with, thus assuring her that I have not tried to pee with the seat down, thus risking getting some on the seat. I always thought it was a courtesy to leave the seat up, not down. Women don't seem to get that.

Moreover, I have never heard of a woman complaining when a guy leaves both the seat and the lid down, even though you have to bend down further to pick up the lid than you do to lower the seat. So the objection can't be that by leaving the seat up, I am requiring her to make the effort to lower it. I must be missing something. (Or am I just forgetting the truism that started this posting?)

At any rate, it's just something I'll have to endure. In the Army, I was trained to leave all toilet seats up and standing at attention for barracks inspections. A long (and otherwise geneally harmonious) marriage to a wonderful woman has not resulted in her re-training me. I still forget from time to time, and I still hear about it every time that happens.

As Professor Higgins said, "Why can't a woman be more like a man?"

PS - The song, like at least half of the above, is intended to be humorous. I am not at all a misogynist. A misanthrope, perhaps, but that's expected of a cynic, eh?
The Kitchen Cynic

Postby SQUACKEE » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:38 am

i hear you k.c. but there are a couple of good reason to leave the lid and seat down at all times.

a. if you have well water which sometimes goes dry you should practice, " if its yellow be mellow if its brown flush it down." nobody wants to look at a bunch of yellow water.

b. nothin can accidently fall into the toilet i.e. car keys, hair dryers and small rodents.

c. your wife will always be in a good mood........NOT!
SQUACKEE

Postby tafnut » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:54 am

I ended the 'seat position' argument Week One (30 years ago) with this logic: you want me to leave the seat down; I want you to leave the seat up - that's extra work for BOTH of us, so how about we just leave it where it is when we're done and we'll call it even.
tafnut

Postby SQUACKEE » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:02 am

tafnut wrote:I ended the 'seat position' argument Week One (30 years ago) with this logic: you want me to leave the seat down; I want you to leave the seat up - that's extra work for BOTH of us, so how about we just leave it where it is when we're done and we'll call it even.

but it wouldnt be even. she always leaves it down and you depending on viber and whatnot will sometimes leave it down. your getting the S$%$$#@ end of the stick!
SQUACKEE