Holy Shot!

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Holy Shot!

Postby tandfman » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:16 am

Did anyone see the end of yesterday's Duke-VaT basketball game? It was quite amazing. (No, I wasn't there, nor was I watching it on tv, but it made the sports highlights on the evening news on one of my local stations.)
tandfman

Postby dukehjsteve » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:39 am

Now did you really think that I would miss it?!!!

I thought our win at Maryland a few years ago ( down by 10 with a minute to go) or the famous win over Kentucky ( Grant Hill pass, Laettner shot) were fabo, but this sure was a ranker !
dukehjsteve

Postby tandfman » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:40 am

dukehjsteve wrote:Now did you really think that I would miss it?!!!

No, not really.
tandfman

Postby Kevin Richardson » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:22 am

Dukehjsteve, it is with deep regret that I acknowledge that 1992 miracle as a truly great feat (being a UK fan). However, I am also a huge Coach K fan, and was delighted to see the end of that game.

Still, it looks to me like they should be playing much better than they are. I see only a couple of other teams around the country who should be able to keep up with them, them main one being UConn. Good luck to your boys throughout the rest of the season.
Kevin Richardson

Postby dukehjsteve » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:07 pm

Thanks KR. We were indeed quite a bit more than lucky to win, and also could have lost to IU very easily. We are a bit overrated. A lack of depth up front, with a freshman to boot, then a freshman point guard. Even JJ cannot do it all.
dukehjsteve