Dr. Freud Wants To Know....

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Dr. Freud Wants To Know....

Postby gh » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:09 pm

... when you make a post and you have to hit the "submit" button, how does it make you feel? Do you think of your mother perhaps? Or perhaps a woman in black leather with a whip......
gh

Postby marknhj » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:27 pm

I'm more interested in what motivated you to ask such a question. Was it perhaps the S&M comments regarding Donna Fraser on the AW calender thread that you closed and locked yesterday? BTW - it doesn't have to be black leather and there are many other implements beyond whips .... lol (and for the record, you were correct in closing that thread)
marknhj

Postby gh » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:33 pm

Whip me, beat me! I'll never tell!
gh

Postby marknhj » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:40 pm

You obviously have never met our friend Countess Z ...LOL!
marknhj

Re: Dr. Freud Wants To Know....

Postby SQUACKEE » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:52 pm

gh wrote:... when you make a post and you have to hit the "submit" button, how does it make you feel? Do you think of your mother perhaps? Or perhaps a woman in black leather with a whip......

when i hit submit i feel dirty and submissive. ive givin into my track urges. im humilated because everyone knows im not in control of my addiction. i feel also panic. was the spelling correct? will someone attack me? are they clever and will out me as an intellectual idiot and statistical moron? what if i say something about gerry lindgren and then he posts a rebuttal. he didnt get out of bed to run 10 miles in highschool at 2 am. it was actually 3 am you dummy! every one of my post prompts another chapter in the book intitled " scott has no life". well at least the forward of my non fiction masterpiece will be produced by my good friend,.... tafnut.
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby MJD » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:16 pm

I almost always hit preview first.
MJD

Postby SQUACKEE » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:56 pm

MJD wrote:I almost always hit preview first.

wouldnt it be great if you could do that in really life.

press button a. to preview these items

1. girlfriend
2. job
3. track meet results
4. filet migon cooked medium at steak house.
5. movie you paid $7.50 to view and $29.50 to snack as you watch.
6. used car from cousins brother.
7. toss a quarter game at the fair, land it on the plate no problem!
8. sea cruise with 2,000 strangers, your gonna have a ball!
9. thanksgiving at your new girlfriends grandmotheres house.
10 haircut by your dads best friend, circa 1973 "you like it short, dont cha?"
SQUACKEE

Re: Dr. Freud Wants To Know....

Postby tafnut » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:55 pm

... when you make a post and you have to hit the "submit" button, how does it make you feel?

I NEVER submit. The board submits to me! I tease it with my erudition. I make it BEG for my enlightenment. And then finally, when it's in its final desperate swoon, I deign to post, in my most merciful compassion for its needs.

THAT's how I post! 8)

Squack - I'm almost done with the Forward. First sentence:
"It was a dark and stormy night . . . suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon!"
tafnut

Postby SQUACKEE » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:38 pm

perfect nut!
SQUACKEE

Postby EPelle » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:23 am

SQUACKEE wrote:perfect nut!

Today independent farmers on the Hamakua coast continue the tradition of farming the perfect nut.
EPelle

Postby tandfman » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:35 am

SQUACKEE wrote:

press button a. to preview these items . . .

3. track meet results

Preview track meet results? What a terrible idea! I can't imagine anything better designed to kill people's interest in the sport. Why watch a race when you know who's won?
tandfman

Postby SQUACKEE » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:57 am

tandfman wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:

press button a. to preview these items . . .

3. track meet results

Preview track meet results? What a terrible idea! I can't imagine anything better designed to kill people's interest in the sport. Why watch a race when you know who's won?

i meant just once. and then i could sit in the crowd and boast about what a track genius i am and whos gonna win every race and what every winning height and throw would be. and fans would worship me and build monuments and modern day pyramids in my hounor. and woman who usually run after the track studs would see me and say," oh my god, there he is!"

now does that sound terrible?
SQUACKEE

Postby gh » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:34 am

SQUACKEE wrote:
MJD wrote:4. filet migon cooked medium at steak house.

barbarian! Step 1 in how to ruin a good cut of meat: go anything past branding in the cooking process.
gh

Postby Pego » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:39 am

gh wrote:Whip me, beat me! I'll never tell!

Ooohh, it hurts so good!
Pego

Postby tafnut » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:42 am

Great line from 'Happy, Texas' one of the funniest movies EVER - the sheriff (William Macey) is ordering a steak:

"Kill it, dehorn it, wipe its butt and send it on in..."
tafnut

Postby SQUACKEE » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:08 am

gh wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:
MJD wrote:4. filet migon cooked medium at steak house.

barbarian! Step 1 in how to ruin a good cut of meat: go anything past branding in the cooking process.

i have to defend myself once again! what i meant was..... reminds of that monty python bit where the guy says "you are like a stream of bats piss." when the gentleman takes offense at this description our antagonist covers himself with," what..aahh.. what i meant was you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is darkness.

anyway back to da steak. i like it meduim rare. which to me means pink on the inside but not totally uncooked red meat in the middle. when you order a nice thick filet in a steak house medium rare, you are never sure if its gonna be pink or red in the middle. so i usually order medium which to my mind usually comes out medium rare. thats why id love to preview what medium is gonna look like in this particular joint. ive ordered meduim and gotten everything from medium rare to meduim well done.

you guys who truely love rare, as in blood red are lucky cause i think thats alot harder to screw up than what im trying to get. anyway does this make any sense? i know theres some steak freaks laughing at this struggling carnavor.
SQUACKEE

Postby gm » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:19 am

In re: steaks...

If it ain't burnt, don't bring it to my table!

Then again, I'd never touch bait (sushi) either.
gm

Postby gh » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:21 am

gm----if you want it burnt, just swap out a Kingsford briquet, you'll never know the difference! :-)

best line ever heard in a sushi bar: guy drags his friend in, who grudingly agrees to eat some tempura while his buddy goes the raw route. Sushi chef leans over the counter and says, "You want try tuna?" Guy deadpans back, "no heat, no eat."
gh