A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)


Postby gh » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:29 pm


TRACK & FIELD NEWS does not hire outside agencies to solicit your subscription renewal. Make sure to send your renewal payment only to TRACK & FIELD NEWS, 2570 El Camino Real, Ste 606, Mountain View, CA 94040.

A subscription agency operating under various names such as Publishers Services Exchange, Associated Publisher Subscription Service, United Publishers Network, Publishers Consolidated Subscription Services, American Consumer Publishing Association (ACPA) and others has been soliciting our subscribers for renewals. None of these companies are authorized to solicit your renewal nor can they fill your order. Many of our subscribers have been fooled as their mailing piece looks very much like our own renewal notice.

When fraudulent agencies get your money for a product they can’t deliver, they often offer a substitute product instead. Note that you are not required to accept any substitution of the subscription you originally purchased and are entitled to a full refund. You are also not obligated to pay any kind of “service fee.”

If you paid for your subscription with a credit card and are unable to obtain a refund, your credit card company should be able to assist by crediting your account and issuing a chargeback to the vendor. This can usually be accomplished with a call to your credit card company’s toll-free customer service number.

If you have paid for a product to be delivered through the mail, which you have not received and have been unable to obtain a refund, you may file a complaint with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service Mail Fraud Department, 222 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 1250, Chicago, IL 60606. Call 800-372-8347. You may also file a complaint online through their website at

If the agency was operating out of Oregon (Publishers Services Exchange and others) you can also file a complaint with the Oregon Department of Justice, Department of Financial Fraud/Consumer Protection, 1162 Court St. NE, Salem, OR 97310. Call 503-378-4320.
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests