Reggie Bush's running track in the Coliseum......

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Postby terry_brooks35@yahoo.com » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:53 am

When you here Keith Jackson say that Reggie has 2600 YARDS,HOLLA BACK.UNTIL THEN,Reggies' good,but he ain't Barry!!!!!(I think I heard Keith say that Reggie HAS 1600 YARDS,WHICH IS AWESOME,considering he's got another great back on the team)But still,Reggie's not Barry.Eric Dickerson split time at SMU(with Craig James) and rushed for 1700.I watched some of the game,and Reggie is definitely ALL THAT,he WILL win the heisman.He is the most exciting(baddest)collegiate ball carrier out there,EASILY.He ain't the best ever though.
terry_brooks35@yahoo.com

Postby Trackfan310 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:50 pm

einnod23 wrote:Terry,

I just turned on the game, and saw Reggie take a handoff out of his own endzone and go 65 yards down the sideline (THIRD AND TEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

And did I hear Keith Jackson say 172 yards and the second quarter has just started?????????????????????

Is Reggie the best running back this year? Yes

Is he the deserving of the Heisman Trophy? Easily

Deserving of the First Pick in the Draft? Certainly.

Is he the best ever? The answer is a RESOUNDING no. The only reason People are even considering this silly argument, is because he is the most fascinating player on the #1 team in the country. If SC were 7-5, or 8-3, would anyone be saying he is the best ever? No. They would simply say "he is a great back" If you put Reggie on an average college team, where he was the only player the opposition truly had to gameplan for, it would be a wildly different story. Thats what makes Barry Sanders season so remarkable. he was THE weapon on their team. Nobody is doubting Reggie bush is a key weapon to USC's offense. But he doesn't lead the team in TD's. He shares the backfield with a TD machine (White) and a Heisman trophy Winner AND current heisman candidate (Lienhart). They have two receivers who would be the #1 receiver on most college teams, and their tight end is pretty good as well. Could you imagine, the obscene numbers Sanders would have put up, if teams truly couldn't key on him?
Trackfan310

Postby einnod23 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:45 pm

For all you hard nosed Barry fans. We all agree that Barry was a legend.

But consider that fact that Barry played in the Big 2 Conference (OU, Nebraska!!!!!!). Something to consider.
einnod23

Postby Trackfan310 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:15 am

einnod23 wrote:For all you hard nosed Barry fans. We all agree that Barry was a legend.

But consider that fact that Barry played in the Big 2 Conference (OU, Nebraska!!!!!!). Something to consider.

I don't see the Pac-10 exactly teeming with Defensive Stalwart's . And I am a Pac-10 guy. I think Oregon got snubbed in a BAD way. But lets be honest, Defense is not the strength of this conference.
Trackfan310

Postby gh » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:08 pm

So Bush and Alex Smith were HS teammates (how was that not the best HS team ever?). Have two teammtes ever both been No. 1s before? And in the event that has happened, have both ended up on the same NFL team? (that could happen w/ the hapless 49ers, although Houston and the Jets certainly giving them run forthe money!)
gh

Postby SQUACKEE » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:56 pm

gh wrote:So Bush and Alex Smith were HS teammates (how was that not the best HS team ever?). Have two teammtes ever both been No. 1s before? And in the event that has happened, have both ended up on the same NFL team? (that could happen w/ the hapless 49ers, although Houston and the Jets certainly giving them run forthe money!)

when you compare the points for, points against with my nines and houston, it is amazingly close!!!!

p.f.- niners 183 houston 183

p.a.- niners 340 houston 341

NINERS ARE BETTER!!!!! :D :shock: :shock: :D :D :D
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles