Reggie Bush's running track in the Coliseum......

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Reggie Bush's running track in the Coliseum......

Postby einnod23 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:03 pm

500+ yards of total offense. The Heisman race is OVER!!!!!!

The most exciting player in the HISTORY of college football BY FAR!!!!!!!
Last edited by einnod23 on Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
einnod23

Postby einnod23 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:50 pm

I just did not believe what I saw last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
einnod23

Postby tlb747 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:15 am

einnod23 wrote:I just did not believe what I saw last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I seen the four-hour game last night. Fresno State had no answer for him. I wish that Pinegar (Fresno State) would of protected the football better (5 turnovers: 4 INT 1 Fumble). I am a Fresno State fan, being from the area, but watching Bush run was too much for me. :cry:
tlb747

Re: Reggie Bush's running track in the Coliseum......

Postby Pego » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:38 am

einnod23 wrote:500+ yards of total offense. The Heisman race is OVER!!!!!!

The most exciting player in the HISTORY of college football BY FAR!!!!!!!

Looking in the crystal ball, I see San Francisco or Houston in his future.
Pego

Postby Cooter Brown » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:41 am

Your team's got nothing if you need 1 player to put 500 yards to win. Same goes for Texas. Best case scenario is Bush & Young get knocked out of the championship game in the first 2 minutes. Then we get 2 hours of really mediocre football by teams inferior to every SEC team other than Vandy.

/Work with a bunch of UT fans
//Most arrogant fair weather fans ever
Cooter Brown

Re: Reggie Bush's running track in the Coliseum......

Postby tlb747 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:43 am

einnod23 wrote:500+ yards of total offense. The Heisman race is OVER!!!!!!

But does Bush want to win it? Lately, the Heisman winners have done nothing in the NFL. Will he fall into that trap?
tlb747

Postby jhc68 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:51 pm

Cooter, it's a pipe dream you are nursing... without Bush USC's offense still scores five or six td's a game.

It's the defense that would make the Trojans suspect. They have gotten a reputation for tough defense during the winning streak because other teams take chances because they are either desparate to catch up or desparate to score (as in the case of Fresno) because every coach knows they can't stop SC from scoring themselves.

Those big holes that Bush blasted through for huge gains... LenDale White eats up huge chunks of yardage on the same plays, it's just that he gets tackled from behind after 12-15 yards instead of rambling 50-60 yards.

The team that beats SC has to score, score again and keep scoring. Not EVERY SEC team would be able to do that. Maybe none.

P.S. as for arrogance and fair weather fickleness, Texas fans can't possibly have anything over SC fans!
jhc68

Postby tafnut » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:11 pm

Cooter Brown wrote:Your team's got nothing if you need 1 player to put 500 yards to win. Same goes for Texas. Best case scenario is Bush & Young get knocked out of the championship game in the first 2 minutes. Then we get 2 hours of really mediocre football by teams inferior to every SEC team other than Vandy.

Our first non-track TAFNY winner!!

White: 1000+ yds rushing, 6.3 yds/rush, 19 TDs
Leinart: 3200+ yds passing, 66% comp, 24 TDs passing (Heisman last yr)

SC's defense may be suspect, but even w/o Bush, the offense is virtually unstoppable.

[and I HATE SC!)
tafnut

Postby Cooter Brown » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:35 pm

I'm really rooting for USC, anything to keep UT from the national title. Our office is being decorated "UT" this week. Every year the winner of the UT-TAMU game decorates the following year. I've made it my unwritten policy to never give an interview to grads of either school for positions in my department.

There's a fine line between fan and borderline gay.
Cooter Brown

Postby einnod23 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:04 am

Hey, Cooter. Your profile says Austin.

Tell those "arrogant" UT fans that Vince Young is nowhere near Reggie Bush. In fact, I don't see that beach ball arm going near any NFL team!!!!!!!
einnod23

Postby Trackfan310 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:44 pm

SEC?????

The Last time i saw the SEC play for the title I was bored to tears (LSU vs Oklahoma). SEC is a conference full of anemic offenses and coaches living on Talent rather than knowledge. There is NO reason Tennessee should not win atleast 8 games every year on Talent Alone. Georgia, was a perennial under acheiver until they got rid of Jim Donnan. Spurrier ruled the SEC because he actually had an imagination when it came to offense. I NEVER want to see the number 3 team in the country win a football game with a baseball score (Alabama). SPARE me the SEC talk.
Trackfan310

Postby Cooter Brown » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:40 pm

einnod23 wrote:Hey, Cooter. Your profile says Austin.

Tell those "arrogant" UT fans that Vince Young is nowhere near Reggie Bush. In fact, I don't see that beach ball arm going near any NFL team!!!!!!!

I do what I can to rain on UT's parade every day at work.
Cooter Brown

Postby terry_brooks35@yahoo.com » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:13 am

500 plus yards of offense is tight,but vince young had 500 plus yards of offense against ok. state, so to say that reggie is the best of all time is retarded.Reggie is a hell of a playa,but he's no Barry sanders,marcus allen, hell i could name a few more.to say that texas is average without vince,or SC is average without Bush is retarded.The sec has no number one ranked team,and with good reason.texas would be undefeated in the sec just as it is in the big twelve.same case with sc.bush and company would blast all sec opposition.I'm tired of hearing sec fans bitch.
terry_brooks35@yahoo.com

Postby einnod23 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:03 am

terry_brooks35@yahoo.com wrote:500 plus yards of offense is tight,but vince young had 500 plus yards of offense against ok. state, so to say that reggie is the best of all time is retarded.Reggie is a hell of a playa,but he's no Barry sanders,marcus allen, hell i could name a few more.to say that texas is average without vince,or SC is average without Bush is retarded.The sec has no number one ranked team,and with good reason.texas would be undefeated in the sec just as it is in the big twelve.same case with sc.bush and company would blast all sec opposition.I'm tired of hearing sec fans bitch.

This was my "best best college player I ever seen list" before Reggie Bush
1) Tim Brown, Notre Dame
2) Charlie Ward, Florida State
3) Hershel Walker, Georgia
4) Charles White, USC
5) Bo Jackson, Auburn
6) Barry Sanders, OK State

Reggie Bush, imo, is better than ALL of them. Sorry, TB!
einnod23

Postby einnod23 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:09 am

I got a scenario I wanna see:

Texas gets spanked by either CO or ISU in the Big 12 title game.

That would mean old man JoePA gets to figure out how to stop Reggie Bush (guess what, guys! PSU defenders are faaaaaaaaaast!!!!!!). Just like he found a way to stop Vinny and the Miami crew in the '87 Fiest Bowl!!!!!
einnod23

einnod...

Postby BillVol » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:40 pm

Brown and Ward better than Herschel Walker? Come on.
BillVol

Postby Trackfan310 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:36 pm

terry_brooks35@yahoo.com wrote:500 plus yards of offense is tight,but vince young had 500 plus yards of offense against ok. state, so to say that reggie is the best of all time is retarded.Reggie is a hell of a playa,but he's no Barry sanders,marcus allen, hell i could name a few more.to say that texas is average without vince,or SC is average without Bush is retarded.The sec has no number one ranked team,and with good reason.texas would be undefeated in the sec just as it is in the big twelve.same case with sc.bush and company would blast all sec opposition.I'm tired of hearing sec fans bitch.

A quarterback cannot be inluded in a all-purpose yards discussion. It only encompases rushing, receiving and returning. Qb's have an unfair advantage.
Trackfan310

Re: einnod...

Postby einnod23 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:14 am

BillVol wrote:Brown and Ward better than Herschel Walker? Come on.
No, Peyton Manning and Tee Martin........ :lol:
einnod23

Postby terry_brooks35@yahoo.com » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:51 pm

Bush better than Barry sanders?yeah,right.Not now ,not ever.Barry rushed for 2600 plus yards from scrimmage.Barry had no 86 yard games.Barry had no average games that fateful season.He threw down every saturday.When Reggie breaks just one of his records,holla at me.Reggie's good but Barry was on another level.NO ONE stopped Barry that year.Reggie's not there yet.sorry
terry_brooks35@yahoo.com

Postby tlb747 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:02 am

terry_brooks35@yahoo.com wrote:Bush better than Barry sanders?yeah,right.Not now ,not ever.Barry rushed for 2600 plus yards from scrimmage.Barry had no 86 yard games.Barry had no average games that fateful season.He threw down every saturday.When Reggie breaks just one of his records,holla at me.Reggie's good but Barry was on another level.NO ONE stopped Barry that year.Reggie's not there yet.sorry

How was that Oklahoma State team? Did they win a National Championship?
tlb747

Postby terry_brooks35@yahoo.com » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:08 pm

gee, I don't think so,but at last glance,i think Barry won some awards.what do you think.Besides,I don't recall saying oklahoma state was better.I think,if you look closely,I SAID BARRY WAS BETTER.So what does Oklahoma states record have to do with that.USC WON'T WIN THE HEISMAN,REGGIE BUSH is up for that award.Let me know when winning a national championship becomes a Heisman requisite.And if it is and i don't know it, then you need to call up a few of the past winners(like Andre ware, and Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders,to name a few) and inform them so they can give their trophies back.
terry_brooks35@yahoo.com

Postby gh » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:33 pm

And it can certainly be argued that those who played on lesser teams were by definition better performers because of the skills of those who played around them. (Having said that, still not sure I've seen anybody who has impressed me more than Bush--and I didn't even see the Fresno State game.)
gh

Postby terry_brooks35@yahoo.com » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:17 pm

you obviously didn't see Barry.If the world is so amazed and impressed with Reggies 200+ yd performance,what can you say ,think, or feel about an ENTIRE SEASON of 200+ yd performances,laced with moves that can be duplicated by no athlete.Barry didn't have a stand out game his junior season.All of his games that season were of the 200+ yard variety.ALL OF THEM.HE AVERAGED OVER 200 YDS RUSHING A GAME...AVERAGED... Reggie's good ,but he ain't that good.Reggie's running thru truck sized holes(usc is the defending national champ).Barry had no such luxury.Barry created the SPACE needed to gain such yardage on his own,for the most part.were Barry able to run the rock for SC imagine the yards he'd gain.Do you think Reggie could duplicate Barry's numbers under circumstances similar to Barry's?I DON'T.
terry_brooks35@yahoo.com

Postby Trackfan310 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:23 pm

terry_brooks35@yahoo.com wrote:you obviously didn't see Barry.If the world is so amazed and impressed with Reggies 200+ yd performance,what can you say ,think, or feel about an ENTIRE SEASON of 200+ yd performances,laced with moves that can be duplicated by no athlete.Barry didn't have a stand out game his junior season.All of his games that season were of the 200+ yard variety.ALL OF THEM.HE AVERAGED OVER 200 YDS RUSHING A GAME...AVERAGED... Reggie's good ,but he ain't that good.Reggie's running thru truck sized holes(usc is the defending national champ).Barry had no such luxury.Barry created the SPACE needed to gain such yardage on his own,for the most part.were Barry able to run the rock for SC imagine the yards he'd gain.Do you think Reggie could duplicate Barry's numbers under circumstances similar to Barry's?I DON'T.

I concur. How short our memories have gotten. Bush is good. Very good. But I would put him in the category of Marshall Faulk, Leeland McElroy etc. He is not, nor has there been another running back like Barry Sanders. The best pure "runner" I have seen Bar none. Its not even close. The only person who should even be in the discussion with Sanders is Gayle Sayers.
Trackfan310

Postby einnod23 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:28 pm

All of the folks that I mentioned in the list above, I've seen. My only regret was not putting Hugh Green up there, for I have yet to see such a dominant defensive player.

But sorry, guys, Reggie's that good!!!!!!!!!
einnod23

Postby lonewolf » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:01 pm

I think Barry Switzer, legendary OU and Dallas Cowboy coach, paid Barry Sanders the ultimate compliment in the 1987 OSU/OU game when he instructed his OU team NOT to knock Thurman Thomas out of the game, assuring them they did not want that little ****** on the bench in the game
lonewolf

Postby terry_brooks35@yahoo.com » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:30 am

I can recall arguing with a friend once about who was more dominant on the court,shawn bradley or shaq.we can all see how that turned out. Einnod23, to compare Barry sanders to Reggie bush is a little less extreme,(Reggie is hella good) but not far from being as absurd.The numbers don't lie.Reggie's got a lotta catchin up to do(since he's obviously THAT GOOD). He'll have to gain about a thousand yards in two games.you've obvoiously seen Reggie do things that the rest of us missed,cause if you saw Barry,as you say you did,then you'd hafta be kin to Reggie to believe that Reggie is better.
terry_brooks35@yahoo.com

Postby einnod23 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:11 pm

Terry,

ESPN recently did a piece comparing Reggie Bush to Gayle Sayers. I'm not the only one who may be absurd. :)
einnod23

Postby terry_brooks35@yahoo.com » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:46 am

Einnod23,i'm not saying that Reggie's not a great player.I'm saying that as good as he is ,he's not as good as was Barry Sanders.To say that he is ,would be like comparing dabryan blanton to maurice greene.Blanton ain't there yet.You CAN compare Reggie to Gayle Sayers.You CAN'T compare Reggie to Barry.To do so is absurd! One other thing.Ten thousand people calling a horse a dog,doesn't make that horse a dog!!!
terry_brooks35@yahoo.com

Postby einnod23 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:32 pm

Terry,

I just turned on the game, and saw Reggie take a handoff out of his own endzone and go 65 yards down the sideline (THIRD AND TEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

And did I hear Keith Jackson say 172 yards and the second quarter has just started?????????????????????
einnod23

Postby terry_brooks35@yahoo.com » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:53 am

When you here Keith Jackson say that Reggie has 2600 YARDS,HOLLA BACK.UNTIL THEN,Reggies' good,but he ain't Barry!!!!!(I think I heard Keith say that Reggie HAS 1600 YARDS,WHICH IS AWESOME,considering he's got another great back on the team)But still,Reggie's not Barry.Eric Dickerson split time at SMU(with Craig James) and rushed for 1700.I watched some of the game,and Reggie is definitely ALL THAT,he WILL win the heisman.He is the most exciting(baddest)collegiate ball carrier out there,EASILY.He ain't the best ever though.
terry_brooks35@yahoo.com

Postby Trackfan310 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:50 pm

einnod23 wrote:Terry,

I just turned on the game, and saw Reggie take a handoff out of his own endzone and go 65 yards down the sideline (THIRD AND TEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

And did I hear Keith Jackson say 172 yards and the second quarter has just started?????????????????????

Is Reggie the best running back this year? Yes

Is he the deserving of the Heisman Trophy? Easily

Deserving of the First Pick in the Draft? Certainly.

Is he the best ever? The answer is a RESOUNDING no. The only reason People are even considering this silly argument, is because he is the most fascinating player on the #1 team in the country. If SC were 7-5, or 8-3, would anyone be saying he is the best ever? No. They would simply say "he is a great back" If you put Reggie on an average college team, where he was the only player the opposition truly had to gameplan for, it would be a wildly different story. Thats what makes Barry Sanders season so remarkable. he was THE weapon on their team. Nobody is doubting Reggie bush is a key weapon to USC's offense. But he doesn't lead the team in TD's. He shares the backfield with a TD machine (White) and a Heisman trophy Winner AND current heisman candidate (Lienhart). They have two receivers who would be the #1 receiver on most college teams, and their tight end is pretty good as well. Could you imagine, the obscene numbers Sanders would have put up, if teams truly couldn't key on him?
Trackfan310

Postby einnod23 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:45 pm

For all you hard nosed Barry fans. We all agree that Barry was a legend.

But consider that fact that Barry played in the Big 2 Conference (OU, Nebraska!!!!!!). Something to consider.
einnod23

Postby Trackfan310 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:15 am

einnod23 wrote:For all you hard nosed Barry fans. We all agree that Barry was a legend.

But consider that fact that Barry played in the Big 2 Conference (OU, Nebraska!!!!!!). Something to consider.

I don't see the Pac-10 exactly teeming with Defensive Stalwart's . And I am a Pac-10 guy. I think Oregon got snubbed in a BAD way. But lets be honest, Defense is not the strength of this conference.
Trackfan310

Postby gh » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:08 pm

So Bush and Alex Smith were HS teammates (how was that not the best HS team ever?). Have two teammtes ever both been No. 1s before? And in the event that has happened, have both ended up on the same NFL team? (that could happen w/ the hapless 49ers, although Houston and the Jets certainly giving them run forthe money!)
gh

Postby SQUACKEE » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:56 pm

gh wrote:So Bush and Alex Smith were HS teammates (how was that not the best HS team ever?). Have two teammtes ever both been No. 1s before? And in the event that has happened, have both ended up on the same NFL team? (that could happen w/ the hapless 49ers, although Houston and the Jets certainly giving them run forthe money!)

when you compare the points for, points against with my nines and houston, it is amazingly close!!!!

p.f.- niners 183 houston 183

p.a.- niners 340 houston 341

NINERS ARE BETTER!!!!! :D :shock: :shock: :D :D :D
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles