College hoops Playboy style…

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

College hoops Playboy style…

Postby mooser745 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:14 pm

Thinking back on the topic I just wrote, I’m guessing a lot of guys are reading this post hoping to see some beautiful ladies playing b-ball in the buff ?. My apologies in advance for any disappointments, I’m really just wondering if anyone has read Playboy’s college hoops predictions this month, and if so, what do you agree/disagree with? I’ve actually followed their charts for the past 3 years in my office pool, and cashed in twice (made $400 for 3rd place last year, $640 for 2nd place last year.)

The onlyyyy choice I’m really questioning is Villanova for #3, though I haven’t really followed their team besides a few highlight clips on Allan Ray last season.

Not to cause a big debate, but also what are your thoughts on the 19-year old age requirement for new NBA players? Personally…I think it’s a good thing. But that’s just my opinion.

Rob in OH
mooser745

Postby lonewolf49 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:04 pm

Philosophically, I don't think it is the duty of the NBA to protect anyone from themselves.. That is the parent's responsibility, (if the child is underage)

As for coming out of high school or early from college/university, a talented juvenile has no obligation to provide cheap entertainment and glory for a school risking career ending injury before his payday.

In fact, if a 12 year old has the talent and the NBA is foolish enough to pay for it, let em... if the kid can cut it he can retire before he is old enought vote, if not he can go back to the sixth grade.. Soccer has a 14 year old star..
lonewolf49