Movie Q&A: Best Sports Scene . . .

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Movie Q&A: Best Sports Scene . . .

Postby bad hammy » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:40 am

My fav: The movie Major League when Ricky Vaughn (Charlie Sheen) emerges from the bullpen to save the big playoff game while the stadium sings and rocks to Wild Thing.
bad hammy

Postby slowcoach » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:31 am

My fave is where Samson wins his "full contact" bout with a thousand Philistines.
slowcoach

Postby big mac » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:55 pm

We have a winner ^^^ Jawbone of an ass :lol:
big mac

Re: Movie Q&A: Best Sports Scene . . .

Postby Vern » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:59 am

bad hammy wrote:My fav: The movie Major League when Ricky Vaughn (Charlie Sheen) emerges from the bullpen to save the big playoff game while the stadium sings and rocks to Wild Thing.

Mine too, hammy - good call!!
The scene where Willy Mayes Hayes comes home from second on Jake Taylor's sac bunt (!!) is wonderful too.

"And he issss..... SAFE! SAFE! The Indians win it! The Indians win it! Oh my god, the Indians win it!!!"
Vern

Postby Conor Dary » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:53 am

The credits for that horrible first Pre movie. I knew then that it was over and than I could go home and take a shower.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.