The US better dust off those Canuck invasion plans

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Postby cullman » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:19 pm

Bring it on and bring your college track scholarships and maybe a little tax reform with you. Also...make sure you get the Toronto Blue Jays to play "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" during the seventh inning stretch instead of that dumbass song, "OK, Blue Jays." Don't mess with hockey or curling if you know what's good for you.

cman
cullman

Postby bad hammy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:01 pm

bad hammy wrote:Edit: and the funny/sad thing about this story on trade issues is that 99% of Americans don't have any idea it is one (a story, that is).

Hey, it made it to the top of CNN's home page. There is hope yet that another 2 or 3% of Americans will hear about this.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/ ... index.html
bad hammy

Postby mojo » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:24 pm

bad hammy wrote:From that article:

Seventy-one per cent of respondents agreed with the statement: "I value and respect the United States and its citizens -- it's just that I disagree fundamentally with their government."

At the risk of getting this post or thread pulled, that's about the same as on this side of the border.

Edit: and the funny/sad thing about this story on trade issues is that 99% of Americans don't have any idea it is one (a story, that is).

I said just about the same thing but then deleted as I figured I'd save gh the trouble. :wink:
mojo

Previous