Peter Snell planning masters comeback in M65 group

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Snell

Postby trackhead » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:32 pm

I spoke with Peter today -- he said that he is hoping to run run inside four minutes twice in a row in a single mile...

I told him that, given the chatter on the boards over this subject, that his legend had not lost any luster over the decades. He replied, "Well, I think I may break that trend after this mile!"

He went off to go run on his treadmill at a comfortable 10min/mi, and said that if he finishes in a time of 7something, he will be pleased.
trackhead

Re: Snell

Postby Daisy » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:37 pm

trackhead wrote:I spoke with Peter today -- he said that he is hoping to run run inside four minutes twice in a row in a single mile...

I told him that, given the chatter on the boards over this subject, that his legend had not lost any luster over the decades. He replied, "Well, I think I may break that trend after this mile!"

He went off to go run on his treadmill at a comfortable 10min/mi, and said that if he finishes in a time of 7something, he will be pleased.

LOL nice update trackhead. I'm glad to see Snell has a great sense of humour.

by the way why is this thread in the 'things not track and field' category?
Daisy