Looking for a room in Eugene for the trials?

A place for amateurs to work on their track & field collections.

Looking for a room in Eugene for the trials?

Postby mojo » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:52 am

I have a reservation at the La Quinta Suite hotel is Eugene for the trials June 26-July5th 2008.
It looks like we are not going to be able to stay for the entire meet and the only way they are selling rooms if you take a ten day package so I am going to cancel.
I had to pay for the first night (215.00) and will lose that depost if I cancel. The manager has told me that I can sell the package to someone.

I have phoned just about every hotel in Eugene and they are completely booked so if you want a suite (Separate bedroom with King size bed and a pullout couch in the LR) within walking distance of Hayward Field then PM me and we will see what we can work out .

here is the hotel:

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propert ... propId=433

We have a Junior Suite with King reserved. It is 215.00 a night during the trials.
mojo

Re: Looking for a room in Eugene for the trials?

Postby Daisy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:32 pm

That's a bummer. So where are you going to stay for the days you do attend? Do you have to find somewhere miles outside town. Just incredible they are charging over 200 for a night. The local businesses must be loving this event being in town.
Daisy

Postby mojo » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:57 am

We got a cheap room in Corvallis-a 45 minute drive away.
mojo

Postby SQUACKEE » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:44 am

" had to pay for the first night (215.00) and will lose that depost if I cancel"

What the hell! There is zero chance that room will not be occupied but they wont return your deposit! Yeah i know the drill- " We are very sorry but thats our policy". Well here's my policy, i hope theres a special place in :twisted: for you and you wont even need a deposit to stay there, enjoy!
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby mojo » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:02 am

SQUACKEE wrote:" had to pay for the first night (215.00) and will lose that depost if I cancel"

What the hell! There is zero chance that room will not be occupied but they wont return your deposit! Yeah i know the drill- " We are very sorry but thats our policy". Well here's my policy, i hope theres a special place in :twisted: for you and you wont even need a deposit to stay there, enjoy!

I used that argument with the manager and she wouldn't budge. They can re sell that room in a minute. :roll: :twisted:

I won't stay at La Quinta's after this that's for sure.
We always get great service from Marriotts and will continue to use them because they value our business.
mojo

Postby gh » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:53 am

If you look like you're going to be on the hook for the money, then make a point of telling them, "fine, we'll show up and use the room the first night." With any luck, they'll have resold the room and have no option but to give you the money back (suggestion: ask for cash on the spot!)
gh

OT room

Postby dincary » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:12 pm

I am very interested inyour room. Please contact me. My email is: dincary@yahoo.com. Thanks!
dincary

Postby tandfman » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:33 pm

gh wrote:If you look like you're going to be on the hook for the money, then make a point of telling them, "fine, we'll show up and use the room the first night." With any luck, they'll have resold the room and have no option but to give you the money back (suggestion: ask for cash on the spot!)

"But ma'am, you don't understand. Look at the rules more carefully. If you actually use the first night, you must pay for the entire 10 days." :)
tandfman

Postby mojo » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:34 pm

gh wrote:If you look like you're going to be on the hook for the money, then make a point of telling them, "fine, we'll show up and use the room the first night." With any luck, they'll have resold the room and have no option but to give you the money back (suggestion: ask for cash on the spot!)

I thought of that but they are going to charge another portion of the room to your cc in early June so i would be out even more money.

The manger said many hotels were requesting the entire room payment upon booking.
I find that hard to believe....
Anyway dincary and are on to it and hope to have things worked out tomorrow.
mojo

Postby mojo » Sun May 04, 2008 8:44 pm

The room has now been taken.
mojo