WC/OG Videos

A place for amateurs to work on their track & field collections.

WC/OG Videos

Postby Grasshopper » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:29 pm

It's so difficult to find decent video footage of past World Championships or Olympic Games (specific to T&F). Does anyone have any videos that they'd be willing to part with, or do you know where I can find and purchase any on-line?
Last edited by Grasshopper on Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grasshopper

Re: WC/OG Videos

Postby Powell » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:06 am

The IAAF Store sells video tapes of past IAAF championship events (i.e. no Olympics, but they have all the WCh). They have packages of something like 8 hrs. of coverage from each edition of the WChs. You can e-mail them at headquarters@iaaf.org to get more details.
Powell

Postby Mitch » Mon May 30, 2005 12:17 pm

I have many incomplete videos of previous Olympics and WC events that I videotaped off the air here in the States. Mostly since 1996, plus some Olympic trials videos, and the great Tokyo 1991 WC. Also Stuttgart, I think. Again, not complete, but damn close.

What videos do you have for trade?

I'm possibly okay to lend to you so you can make copies--though that's pretty expensive.

Best,

Mitch Orfuss
morfuss@aol.com
Mitch

Postby fr » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:33 pm

USATF has a bunch of OG and OT videos on Lyle's website. The quality is ok. I've only ordered the jumping events so I can't speak for the other events. Try http://www.track-tech.com/tapes.htm.
fr