Sequence pictures

A place for amateurs to work on their track & field collections.

Sequence pictures

Postby nmzoo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:32 am

Wanted - Am interested in buying sequence pictures of throwing events. These were popular in the 60's and 70's before video became widely used. Glossy prints about 4" by 6" in strips about 3-4 feet long.

Thanks for any help.

Floyd Highfill
575-639-3147
nmzoo

Re: Sequence pictures

Postby Marlow » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:40 am

nmzoo wrote:Wanted - Am interested in buying sequence pictures of throwing events. These were popular in the 60's and 70's before video became widely used.

I loved those things! Taught myself to hurdle, LJ and TJ from them. I tried to learn PV that way, but it's impossible to do without a knowledgeable observer coaching you. Wish I had had it for the FFlop, which I had to learn just from watching Fosbury at the the OG!

The Brits had a great series of them for every event which were superb coaching aids.

There are plenty of web-sites like this
http://throwscoachblackwell.wikispaces. ... o-Sequence
from which you could make your own.
Marlow

Postby gh » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:03 am

the German magazine Leichtathletik had these on a regular basis. Shot by Elfriede & Toni Nett. I believe there might actually be a compilation of their work available out there somewhere.
gh

Postby Grasshopper » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:48 pm

gh wrote:the German magazine Leichtathletik had these on a regular basis. Shot by Elfriede & Toni Nett. I believe there might actually be a compilation of their work available out there somewhere.

Is this what you're referring to? http://www.amazon.com/Weitsprung-Weltbe ... B0066B3SO2
Grasshopper

Postby harris.margaret9 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:32 am

These pictures were really wonderful. We had some in our recreation center.
harris.margaret9

Postby john hunter » Sun May 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Hello, Years ago I bought an English athletics magazine that had some great sequence photos of Valeriy Brumel clearing 7' 5 3/4" in Moscow in 1963. These photos were taken by Toni Nett. Since then I have tried to find more of this kind of material but always come up empty handed. If anyone out there knows of any source for this please let us know. Thanks, John
john hunter