Regina's motto

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Regina's motto

Postby tafnut » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:49 pm

this from her real estate web-site:

"When time matters & Performance counts!”

Selling Philosophy -
I am regarded as one of the finest middle-distance runners ever to grace American soil, setting records to age forty. The reason for a long outstanding career was not luck and out of this world talent; it came from being committed, thoroughly organized, handling pressure situations with grace and thinking out of the box when it came to preparation for great performances.

http://www.prurealty.com/ReginaJacobs
tafnut

Re: Regina's motto

Postby MJD » Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:03 pm

ROTFLMAO
MJD

Postby tafnut » Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:07 pm

yes, I especially like the 'thinking outside the box' remark. Is that the box that was delivered from BALCO?
tafnut

Postby guru » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:14 pm

I assume you guys will be sharing your feelings with Regina?

Regina.Jacobs@prurealty.com
guru

Postby tafnut » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:38 pm

I would not at all be surprised if she read these boards on occasion. It's not like she wasn't into track 24/7 for 20 years.
tafnut

Postby guru » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:50 pm

>I would not at all be surprised if she read these boards on occasion. It's not
>like she wasn't into track 24/7 for 20 years.

True. If I was a world-class athlete, I'd have a hard time NOT looking in, if not participating.

It is interesting the line of work she has gotten into. Would YOU buy a house from her?

BTW - Nice job digging that up. Had some time on your hands today? :)
Last edited by guru on Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guru

Postby tafnut » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:57 pm

>YOU buy a house from her?

** of course - don't you want someone who will do 'anything' to get you the best deal?

BTW - Nice job digging that up. Had some time on
>your hands today? :)

** OK, I admit I saw it on letsrun - I love to drop in there and read the intellectual discourse. (and if malmo is lurking, I'd like to say that I posted on the football 40 thread there a couple of days ago - they were unbelievably misinformed. That is probably my first post there in two months)
tafnut

Postby Friar » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:09 pm

Followed her pretty closely when she was at Stanford and would rate her college career as only mediocure, but not even that good, given the fact she's "one of the finest...ever".
Friar

Postby guru » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:17 pm

>...football 40 thread...they were unbelievably misinformed...<

Hey, we all have our hotbutton issues.
guru

Postby kuha » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:44 pm

The "ever to grace American soil" line should be a parody. The towering and unrepentant self-adulation leaves me...well...speechless. What an astonishingly unlikable creature...
kuha

Postby Mel » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:46 am

The "ever to grace American soil" line should be a parody.>

That was just cheap on her part, had she hired an editor, the mistake would have been caught much sooner: It is supposed to read "ever to soil American grace".
Mel

Postby kuha » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:55 am

Ha! Yes, that's more accurate...
kuha

Postby HurdlinDub » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:55 am

>The "ever to grace American soil" line should be a parody.>

That was just
>cheap on her part, had she hired an editor, the mistake would have been caught
>much sooner: It is supposed to read "ever to soil American grace".

A+ Mel.
HurdlinDub

Postby Mel » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:29 am

Amel.
Mel

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:37 am

"The company's four principles are commitment, accountability, personal responsibility and vision. She sees it so clearly. The truth is, very few people understand the price you have to pay." - David Cobo, Prudential California Realty CEO

2 out of 4 ??
Oldtimer

Postby Mel » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:47 am

"The company's four principles are commitment, accountability, personal responsibility and vision. She sees it so clearly. The truth is, very few people understand the price you have to pay." - David Cobo, Prudential California Realty CEO

2 out of 4 ??>>

Ain't good. You can't even make meatloaf out of that.
Last edited by Mel on Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mel

Postby telamonajax » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:25 am

<The "ever to grace American soil" line should be a parody.>
That was just cheap on her part, had she hired an editor, the mistake would have been caught much sooner: It is supposed to read "ever to soil American grace"..>

Many extremeley well-informed T&F types express their views here. I also wish to add my appreciation of Mel's literary talent.
telamonajax

Postby RMc » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:01 am

Her husband Tom Craig was a regular lurker on darkwing. I suspect he's here as well.
RMc

Postby runninfool » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:22 pm

Should we not be glad that Regina finally dropped it all and got into an entirely different line of work? Yes, she's trading on her track background, but at least she's no longer of the track world. My guess, by the way, is she's going to make a killing in the real estate market where I presume she's based (high-dollar parts of Oakland) . . .
runninfool

Postby slappy » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:21 pm

I agree with you taf, lets keep shitting on all the American dope cheats. Hunter , Tim Mont and all those Balco sluts . Do you know of any side jobs Tim and Marion have so we can post them and slander there character?
slappy

Postby Mel » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:24 pm

<I agree with you taf, lets keep shitting on all the American dope cheats. Hunter , Tim Mont and all those Balco sluts . Do you know of any side jobs Tim and Marion have so we can post them and slander there character?>

Teats me.
Mel

Postby Mel » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:36 pm

"I agree with you taf, lets keep shitting on all the American dope cheats. Hunter , Tim Mont and all those Balco sluts . Do you know of any side jobs Tim and Marion have so we can post them and slander there character?"

Noticed you were bored with all the compartmentalized changerooms-within-changerooms. Who can change their saloon clothes faster around here? If the rate of change of the rate of change of the rate of change of the name change isn't fast enough to fool everyone, do we just spin faster? Which wheel? Where do I draw the line? What'll you have there my friend, it's on me, a fine wine from BC, maybe Delta? First year physics, anyone can get 99% in that. Well most people. Wait a minute, is there a sequence forming here? Any exponents of such a notion?

Won't put any more lyrics on board- how derivative of me. Will just stop being such a lazy f*ck and spin'em off like someone else. At least there are a few people who can do it around here.

When we get to a certain thread number, it'll be in the neighborhood of the women's hurdles record, minus .0381. It could just as well be called hox[x^2 8x]xod.
Last edited by Mel on Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mel

Postby Mel » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:39 pm

E pluribus yawnum
Last edited by Mel on Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mel

Postby tafnut » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:46 am

Mel, you lost me (it it me, or is that happening a lot lately?). You are upset that I would comment on Ms. Jacobs' motto, which is dripping with irony? As you may recall she went to my alma mater and I was a big fan, even when she beat SFH (who, of course we all lovED). So consider me 'scorned' when RJ turned out dirty.
tafnut

Postby Mel » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:52 am

PC, I think you're trying to lose me. Been downgraded I guess.
Last edited by Mel on Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mel

Postby tafnut » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:07 am

I need a new emoticon - one that looks like a guy shrugging his shoulders, arms out to the sides elbows slightly bent, with palms upturned and a quizzical cast to the eyebrows.
tafnut

Postby HurdlinDub » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:15 pm

><I agree with you taf, lets keep shitting on all the American dope cheats.
>Hunter , Tim Mont and all those Balco sluts . Do you know of any side jobs Tim
>and Marion have so we can post them and slander there character?>

Teats me.

Mel put the pun down and step back slowly.
HurdlinDub

Postby slappy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:59 pm

>I would not at all be surprised if she read these boards on occasion. It's not
>like she wasn't into track 24/7 for 20 years.

I bet she spends alot of time reading posts from bitter goofballs.
Your post on "Rank the men's shotput " was a gem.
slappy

Postby tafnut » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:01 am

>>I bet she spends alot>of time reading posts from bitter goofballs.Your post on "Rank the men's
>shotput " was a gem.

"Bitter Goofball", cool! I definitely need to start a list of things we call each other here. That's a new one. I'd ask how it was goofy and bitter, but the truth always hurts, doesn't it?
:-)
tafnut

Postby Flumpy » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:41 am

Here is the email I sent to the lovely Ms Jacobs.

"Dear Ms Jacobs,

Whilst recently reading all about you on your website I was very much surprised to read the following sentence...........

"I am regarded as one of the finest middle-distance runners ever to grace American soil, setting records to age forty. The reason for a long outstanding career was not luck and out of this world talent"

It certainly wasn't, it was your vast intake of illegal performance enhancing drugs.

Is there any particular reason why you have failed to also provide details of your current drug ban to prospective clients. After all you cheated enough people out of medals over the years what's to say your fraudulent ways will not carry on over to your new career.

You were always one of the most obvious drug cheats on the athletics circuit. Thank god they finally caught up with you. I wish you all the worst for your new venture and by the way how about handing Kelly's World Indoor gold medal over. You could at least do one decent to at last atone for your thoroughly disgraceful behavior.

Yours in outrage
Flumpy

Postby mojo » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:22 pm

Great letter Flumpy! I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments. I am all for Regina having a successful real estate career- I mean she is not a murderer but to play up her intergrity by recalling her "shame" days (as opposed to glory) days in the sport is going too far. Does she feel no shame or embarassment?
Maybe she should sell cars instead too.
mojo

Postby Realist » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:36 pm

Meant in no way as a defense of Jacobs but I suspect that her transgressions--both moral and leagal--are far superseded by those of the average car salesman!
Realist

Postby Friar » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:10 pm

There are times when you assess conditions which look bad [Marion] and have some doubt about drug use, or not. Regina never gave me [going back a few years] those doubts. For years things didn't look right. I never bought it, for some reason,even though she apparently passed test after test, into her 40's. Then came Balco, which explained things. Case closed.
Post script: She ain't giving back anything.
Friar

Postby bad hammy » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:36 am

> this from her real estate web-site:

> "When time matters & Performance counts!”

> Selling Philosophy -
> I am regarded as one of the finest middle-distance runners ever to grace American soil, setting records to age
> forty. The reason for a long outstanding career was not luck and out of this world talent; it came from being
> committed, thoroughly organized, handling pressure situations with grace and thinking out of the box when it came
> to preparation for great performances.

> http://www.prurealty.com/ReginaJacobs

Regina seems to have taken the criticism here to heart – her philosophy has changed . . .
bad hammy

Postby Asterix » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:01 am

<<Regina seems to have taken the criticism here to heart – her philosophy has changed . . .>>

Yep, it was changed over two weeks ago: http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/di ... hread=9172
Asterix

Postby bad hammy » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:37 am

> Yep, it was changed over two weeks ago: http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/di ... thread=912

Well, I would have felt kind of foolish if this info was in a thread titled something like: Regina Changes Tune, and placed on the Drug board. Since it was buried in an unread thread about Bob Kennedy it was easy to miss.
bad hammy

Postby Runninghorse » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:34 am

what an evil thread. Almost as if some of you guys get your rocks off taking shots at this woman. What the hell is she supposed to do with her real estate business - NOT invoke her track accomplishments? Some of you act like she has done a great harm to the world - even if she did tell a lie. Excuse me, but how many people died or even suffered irreversible damage by Regina Jacobs in a age when going to war and savagely murdering tens of thousands of people based upon a pack of lies is cool and unpunishable?
Runninghorse

Postby Asterix » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:47 am

<<Excuse me, but how many people died or even suffered irreversible damage by Regina Jacobs in a age when going to war and savagely murdering tens of thousands of people based upon a pack of lies is cool and unpunishable?>>

I know you are an apologist for druggies, recreational and performance enhancing alike, but what kind of relevance does the above have this topic? Trying to shout down a given debate simply because one can find much more significant or evil things in the world just shows the confidence you have in your position. In case you hadn't noticed, this board is dedicated to drug use in sports, particularly track. If posters started discussing wars, tens of thousands of people being murdered, and so forth, it would get pulled PDQ.

<<What the hell is she supposed to do with her real estate business - NOT invoke her track accomplishments?>>

Sure, why not? Her whole point in invoking her track accomplishments was to characterize herself as someone who is committed, hardworking and honest (since if you don't do the training, you can't hide it on the track). But she achieved what she did fraudulently, by conciously violating the rules of the sport. Not exactly something that should be praised. Maybe she'd also be willing to overlook a known structural defect in a house she was selling?

It's not my fault she chose to cheat, so maybe I don't think she should get carte blanche to brag about her ill-gotten accomplishments. Would you also see no problem with Enron executives bragging about being part of a multi-billion dollar company, while ignoring their part in how that company was run? Maybe you'd also take marital advice from Bill Clinton of Liz Taylor.
Asterix

Postby HurdlinDub » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:06 pm

"Some of you act like she has done a great harm to the world"

No I think people are just acting like she did a great wrong (along with others) to the Track and Field world. I don't think anyone on these threads has suggested she be hauled before the war crimes tribunal. Nobody has died but many have suffered irreversible damage by Regina Jacobs - competitors, sponsors, fans, not to mention young kids who may have held her up as a role model.

"What an evil thread. Almost as if some of you guys get your rocks off taking shots at this woman"

I will admit to taking a lot of pleasure in seeing Jacobs finally caught for what she had been doing for years. I'm evil because of this? Oh well I can live with that.
HurdlinDub

Postby RMc » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:40 pm

>Excuse me, but how
>many people died or even suffered irreversible damage by Regina Jacobs in a age
>when going to war and savagely murdering tens of thousands of people based upon
>a pack of lies is cool and unpunishable?

So we should ignore the "petty" crimes around us and focus solely on the large injustices of the world? The fact is that most of us can't do much about those larger injustices other than vote for our preferred candidate, whom in turn will deal with those. (And I'm not remiss in expressing my opinion about those injustices in other forums.) But we can have a greater effect on those smaller injustices. In our daily lives, we try to correct ill behavior when we see it. In fact, you're trying to do it right here, in implying we should stop criticism you find unfounded. Certainly our criticism doesn't constitute a world-scale injustice, so why are YOU here bothering to defend her?

Some us even know Regina and/or others who are close to her. By considering her behavior and what might be more appropriate, we may decide to act to correct her behavior in some manner. It's a small thing that we do. And sometimes doing small things add up to a much bigger thing. That's certainly how the American Revolution started, that was pretty darn big.
RMc

Next