Brooks Johnson Weighs In on Tyson Gay

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Brooks Johnson Weighs In on Tyson Gay

Postby betterthanb4 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Good read. Check it out 8-)

http://spikesandflats.com/blog/?p=289

"After Ben, Marion, and Lance, they now have to “stack” names in order to get the same bang as in the past. So now they couple and bundle both Tyson and Powell, despite the fact that they were tested and detected six weeks apart, they are announced at the same time in order to guarantee the biggest possible media splash. This need alone will drive them to an ever increasing drive to make the kind of busts necessary to create the necessary headlines they need in order to continue their existence."
betterthanb4

Re: Brooks Johnson Weighs In on Tyson Gay

Postby 110hedgeNYC » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:08 pm

Interesting commentary by Brooks Johnson.

By the way, putting this out there: I am not convinced Tyson Gay is dirty or that the positive reflects an intentional, conscious choice to dope.

If you look at the arc of Tyson Gay's career (everything from performances, public stances, interviews, injuries, physical stature, participation in the Victory program), there's nothing there that suggests he'd choose to dope.

The Tyson Gay case seems anomalous and not convinced he did anything intentional.

Hoping that everything comes out. This is not blindness or wishful thinking. This view is based on the overall body of work, both on and off the track, that Tyson has produced, and what his character has always appeared to be (good), so I thought it was shocking to hear a positive for him.

Anyone else here feel the same or have a different view?
110hedgeNYC

Re: Brooks Johnson Weighs In on Tyson Gay

Postby trackinblack2 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:01 am

110hedgeNYC wrote:Interesting commentary by Brooks Johnson.
IBy the way, putting this out there: I am not convinced Tyson Gay is dirty or that the positive reflects an intentional, conscious choice to dope.

If you look at the arc of Tyson Gay's career (everything from performances, public stances, interviews, injuries, physical stature, participation in the Victory program), there's nothing there that suggests he'd choose to dope.

The Tyson Gay case seems anomalous and not convinced he did anything intentional.

Hoping that everything comes out. This is not blindness or wishful thinking. This view is based on the overall body of work, both on and off the track, that Tyson has produced, and what his character has always appeared to be (good), so I thought it was shocking to hear a positive for him.

Anyone else here feel the same or have a different view?

I'm in this with you on this subject.
I used to fight Tournament Karate and was once given a diet pill (Amphetamine) to try.
it actualy made my performance worse than normal and I lost an important fight to a guy I
had beaten soundly in the past. I don't see an advantage to stimulants. Plus wasn't
Yohan Blake involved with the same thing a while ago? No aspersions cast on him today.
He's the reigning World Champion in the 100 Meters. Tyson has been my Idol for a while and
has been through a lot. I'm also with Ato Bolden in wanting stimulants taken off the list.
trackinblack2

My two cents re: Tyson Gay.

Postby lovetorun » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:17 am

I have felt and am now confirmed by Brooks Johnson's eloquent painting of Tyson Gay's character that he (Tyson) would never knowingly take anything that is banned. And so, here's the sad reality: Now his good name, reputation is forever smeared to say nothing of the fact that now his earning potential is decimated. Sad day.
lovetorun

Re: My two cents re: Tyson Gay.

Postby run4urlyfe » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:49 am

lovetorun wrote:I have felt and am now confirmed by Brooks Johnson's eloquent painting of Tyson Gay's character that he (Tyson) would never knowingly take anything that is banned. And so, here's the sad reality: Now his good name, reputation is forever smeared to say nothing of the fact that now his earning potential is decimated. Sad day.

It looks like Adidas is going to drop him but it didnt seem like they made any mention of dropping VCB?
run4urlyfe