Which major T&F nation do you consider the cleanest?

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Which major T&F nation do you consider the cleanest?

Postby eldanielfire » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:38 am

It certainly see to me that the comments coming out from British and other Western European athletes condemning the Jamaican/US dope busts outright, calling for longer or lifetime bans on all dopers and indulging, from what I sense, in a bit of Schadenfreude about it. Some like Jade Johnson are outright stating they always were suspicious of may Jamaican athletes and are certainly always regarded American ones as dirty. On TV Paula Radcliffe seemed utterly unsympathetic and called it a good day.

it seems to me Western European nations consider themselves moral superior on doping to the rets of the athletics world. From my British perspective it certainly seems our athletes shout louder about dopers being the bad guys than other nations. Though I am embarrassed how our athletes have forgotten about Dwain Chambers; I think Darren Campbell is one exception who won't embrace him and will bring up his past. However are there any nations in Track and Field who historically or currently genuinely sit on their high horse when commentating on the state of other nations?
eldanielfire

Re: Which major T&F nation do you consider the cleanest?

Postby Tuariki » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:54 am

No national federation can prevent an individual athlete from taking PEDs if the athlete is determined to do so. However, what is a concern are those federations that appear to be supportive of what would seem to be state sanctioned PED program's and those federations that seem to indulge in covering up for athletes.
Tuariki

Re: Which major T&F nation do you consider the cleanest?

Postby run4urlyfe » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:40 pm

A year ago i would have said Jamaica.
run4urlyfe