world records that are questionable............

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Postby dukehjsteve » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:28 am

Marlow wrote:
jhc68 wrote:I'd throw in all the jumps WRs as well.

You've just openly accused Isinbayeva of taking PEDs. This thread is over.

How about all those 24 foot LJ's ?! Kind of funny that the world's best can barely get over 23 these days. Hmmmm, I wonder why ???
dukehjsteve

Postby Marlow » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:45 am

dukehjsteve wrote:I wonder why ???

The point I have been trying to make is that every and any WR can be called into question, but I still believe in 'innocent until proven guilty', because I have been falsely accused of things in my life and I know how UNFAIR it is. When Marion was accused of PEDs, everyone here thought I was defending HER, but I was merely defending the above dictum. I have a very realistic idea of how high the %age of PED usage has been in the last 50 years, but I won't accuse someone without PROOF.
Marlow

Postby eldrick » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 am

deanouk wrote:Isn't it strange that people are so suspicious of women athletes, especially with those competing in Eastern Europe & China, (and with good reason, I hasten to add), but don't give a seconds thought to all the men's middle and distance events (1k - 3k, as well as numerous, almost yearly smashing of the record at 5 & 10k) that were set in the mid-late '90's, when there was a product that existed which not only would improve their performance markedly, but also was undetectable until 2002!?

the only problem with that "theory" is that the 800wr was set in '97, 1.5kwr in '97 & 3kwr in '96

that leaves 5 - 6y of "still undetectable" on testing but no improvement in wrs ???

also no improvement in 5k/10k wrs between '98 & '04 ???

There was always the danger that some of the women from previous eras could get caught for steroid abuse when competing outside their home country, but no such deterrent existed for men in the late 90's. They knew they would get away with it.

???
eldrick