"Drug Testing Just Dopey"

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Postby bad hammy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:45 pm

Daisy wrote:
bad hammy wrote:
Daisy wrote:
Kurt Francis wrote:For what its worth, I consider this a sad era in which we live when to compete in sport a person has to take a piss while having another human being watch you doing it. There are many people in the world that have difficulty in doing so.
Kurt

Nothing stopping them taking the blood test route if they are shy.

As I understand it, urine tests are mandatory. And I agree with Kurt on this one - when the rules require you to piss while under up-close-and-personal direct scrutiny of strangers (or even non-strangers) then things are totally f**ked up.

Would it be acceptable if they were MD's?

No. It is not their qualifications. It is the fact that folks have to pee while under intense close-up scrutiny.
bad hammy

Postby Daisy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:54 pm

bad hammy wrote:No. It is not their qualifications. It is the fact that folks have to pee while under intense close-up scrutiny.

So what are the actual rules, mandatory blood and urine, or just mandatory urine? I would have thought one blood test would be enough and preferable, given HGH is a blood test. Or are the urine tests more sensitive for steroids, so they need both?
Daisy

Postby mojo » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:23 pm

bad hammy wrote:[No. It is not their qualifications. It is the fact that folks have to pee while under intense close-up scrutiny.

Good lord- it isn't that big of deal.

Of course I say this after having a roomful of people watch something the size of a small watermelon come out of me. :D :P
mojo

Postby Marlow » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:45 am

mojo wrote:Of course I say this after having a roomful of people watch something the size of a small watermelon come out of me. :D :P

Yeah, those hairballs can be a beyotch!
Marlow

Postby Mennisco » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:44 am

mojo wrote:
Good lord- it isn't that big of deal.

Perhaps the perceived root of the complex imaginary problem.
Mennisco