Antonio Pettigrew latest victim in doping hunt

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Postby dcunited » Fri May 23, 2008 6:35 pm

Well as jaded as I've been lately, can't say it's any less disheartening to see heart and soul torn out of the sport knowing full well it deserved better. I rue the contracts and cash that changed the game even though some athletes who competed clean got something out of it. Somehow it's always seemed to me T&F suffers more than other sports by presence of PEDs. My coach knew what he was doing by sticking with smaller colleges. Even though world has changed so much it seems, I can still feel for athletes shut out of contention by the cheating way of life that took hold of sport.
dcunited

Postby catson52 » Fri May 23, 2008 6:51 pm

dcunited wrote:Well as jaded as I've been lately, can't say it's any less disheartening to see heart and soul torn out of the sport knowing full well it deserved better. I rue the contracts and cash that changed the game even though some athletes who competed clean got something out of it. Somehow it's always seemed to me T&F suffers more than other sports by presence of PEDs. My coach knew what he was doing by sticking with smaller colleges. Even though world has changed so much it seems, I can still feel for athletes shut out of contention by the cheating way of life that took hold of sport.

We have all had our suspicions for many (30+) years. As the headlines at T&FN site show, things are getting unravelled. Or to put it less politely, the shit has hit the fan. And the "stains" will be spread far and wide, both in this country and elsewhere. I went from being a rabid fan (knowing top 20+ at almost any time in all standard events in the precomputer era), to a somewhat disinterested fan. More for self protection than anything else, for no one likes a one time hero being exposed for a "fraud".
catson52

Postby dcunited » Sat May 24, 2008 4:48 am

Yeah man.
dcunited

Previous