Others To Pay Price For Thánou's Suspected Crimes?

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Postby Mennisco » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am

mojo wrote:The name calling posters get around here is over the top at times but what is far worse IMHO is the names athletes get called by certain people.

IF I ran the board THAT would get you banned immediately.We have a choice whether to put up with getting called an idiot but athletes in the sport the magazine and this board should honour and respect do not deserve it.

(unless they are drug cheats and even then name calling is not really appropriate-though YES I am guilty too).

Well I must say that the notion of an athlete consigning an airborne shag to what is muttered on this board is transparently delusional. Not exactly major media converage, or even minor.
Mennisco

Postby eldrick » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:52 am

EPelle wrote:in other words, not a script the US DOJ put together

i see that your 4y of fanatical belief in the feds competence has suddenly gone down the tubes :roll:

i see you conveniently ignored the following part of fed quote :

(2) Desoxymethyltestosterone, also known as “DMT,” or “Madol;” and (3) norbolethone, an anabolic steroid

it now appears to boil down to 2 possibilities :

1) feds are idiots

they are so incompetent, that after all the grilling of arnold, analysing all the documents, etc, they put the wrong date on a charge

& by implication to this argument, mj's confession is likely true account

2) mj's confession is flawed

& the feds have got the correct date from their grilling of arnold as to when his involvemen began

what's it to be ?
eldrick

Postby EPelle » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:16 am

eldrick wrote:i see you conveniently ignored the following part of fed quote :

(2) Desoxymethyltestosterone, also known as “DMT,” or “Madol;” and (3) norbolethone, an anabolic steroid

Actually, you left that part off your original quote. It was not an omission on my part. I believed in the Feds then, and still do now. You:re interested in quoting a DOJ briefing. I:m interested in what the two characters in the story have to say about their involvement.

Concluding this two-person discussion which should have not made it to page three:

"as he was working hand-in-glove with vic at the time, it is inconceivable he started to distribute thg at a later date then conte did"

Norbolethone wasn:t THG, and Arnold switched Conte from norbolethone to THG in 2001. Arnold then packaged THG as the clear and sold to other coaches, agents, athletes. He did, in fact, distribute this "new" drug after supplying to Conte, when Conte had saturated the market and made a mess of things.
EPelle

Postby gh » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:31 am

Time to take your pissing match off-line boys. Thanks.
gh

Postby EPelle » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:05 am

Gladly, sir.

One was trying to throw water balloons in the dark and call people names when they didn:t care to get wet...naturally, not having an umbrella to shield the unwanted rain, things got sloppy and wet. The only pissing here was done in the perps pants when the cops, watching wearily from above, yelled, "hej, you, juvenile... cease and desist, or be thrown in the huskow".

Point very well taken. Don:t feed the contrary trolls.
EPelle

Postby eldrick » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:12 am

i see you didn't pay any heed to gh's instructions to cease on here...
eldrick

Postby Snation » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:02 pm

Jones became engaged to known 'roider CJ Hunter in 1996. She started training with known steroid-pusher Trevor Graham in 1998 (or so). She became associated with Victor Conte and BALCO in summer of 2000.

There is evidence Graham, through Tim Montgomery met Conte in 2000 too. However it is highly likely his use of pharmaceutics began long before 'Project World Record'.

If Jones was clean from 1996 on, I would be very surprised, It's just that Conte refined doping to an art form in 2000 for Jones.
Snation

Postby Jacksf » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:10 pm

Snation wrote:As I read it the evidence against Flo-Jo is theoretical at best.

Far more disconcerting would be those GDR records like Koch's set by athletes who never tested positive, but ran for a very suspect regime.

If one wants to crush dopers, then that record should be obliterated.

If one uses circumstantial evidence, be prepared to throw out the baby with the bath at times.

The circumstantial evidence against FloJo is really quite strong, and follows the pattern of many known 'dopers'.
She had been competing for years, and had been pretty good, but never great. Her highest ranking had 5th in 200m and 6th in 100m. She took some time off.
She returned to the sprinting, and suddenly was the greatest of all-time, running other-worldy times.
She set her records, got her Olympic medals, random dope testing was instituted the next year, and she promptly retired.
Actually, that circumstantial evidence is about as strong as it gets.
Certainly as strong as the evidence against the E. Germans, because there is no 'before' and 'after' period with them to compare.
So you should heed your own advise about throwing out the baby with the bath water.
Jacksf

Previous