MJ on MJ and Himself

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Postby bad hammy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:26 am

gh wrote:Mr. Johnson should probably steer clear of this topic unless he wants to be tarred with the "methinks he doth protest too much" brush.

I agree, and has been stated, the whole ‘tested 100 times' thing is ludicrously funny in light of what we know. He should know better than to respond to PED queries in this manner.

EPelle wrote:He:s been consistent on the same topic with the same people. It seems he got burned with this statement, to which he has eternally tried to make amends:

“If my leaving the sport is leaving it in Marion's hands,” Johnson said, “I'm not saying that, you said that, but if that is the case then I would say this is being left in very good and capable hands.

“Marion is a tremendous athlete with a lot of talent, carries herself with a lot of class and knows what she wants to do, and isn't afraid to state that and come out here and give it a try.”

I don’t think that old quotes like that are going to seriously singe him at all. It may prompt someone to ask a question, but burn him? No . . .
bad hammy

Postby EPelle » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:34 am

He:s not tripping up over the quote, itself, rather the notion that the person he named who was to carry the torch forward failed. He:s been consistent with that following the Charlie Francis fiasco. He:s not relented since then. This is a seven-year-old quote, but his feelings have not changed over the past five years. If anything, they:ve deepened on the topic.
EPelle

Postby marknhj » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:34 pm

gh wrote:Mr. Johnson should probably steer clear of this topic unless he wants to be tarred with the "methinks he doth protest too much" brush.

My first thought too when I read the article.

Also, I think it's very naive to believe that most coaches know if their athletes are doping or not. Yes, of course there are "drug coaches", I knew of them in the UK in the 1970-80's. But I also believe that many who coach suspect their athletes may be doping, but have a don't ask policy. And, I don't care about the coach's reputation.
marknhj

Postby Mats Nilsson » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:11 pm

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by Mats Nilsson on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mats Nilsson

Postby eldrick » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:07 pm

why does this topic exist, & still here ?

is it simply to allow some root vegetables to hope they can "proffer" above-shit-level, pathethic "protruberances" ?
eldrick

Postby Mats Nilsson » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:07 pm

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by Mats Nilsson on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mats Nilsson

Postby EPelle » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:07 pm

eldrick wrote:why does this topic exist, & still here ?

is it simply to allow some root vegetables to hope they can "proffer" above-shit-level, pathethic "protruberances" ?

What is this poster still doing in this section? He had one question which remained and got his answer.

This topic has provided information that some people believe you:re (sometimes) as good as the company you keep; and, according to gh and Marknhj, MJ number one kicks too much dirt around. It also discusses how passing any number of tests during a certain period of time -- being a basis which should prove someone was an all-around jock, not a cheating jerk -- isn:t the smartest way to go about defending oneself. The author of the column which began this thread believes otherwise and doesn:t seem to quite have thought through that one.
EPelle

Postby eldrick » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:06 am

Mats Nilsson wrote:The "hood-doc" is back again! How do you have time to practice since you are on here non stop Eldrick?

Also, while you are at it. Let's hear some credentials from you...I am curious what you have achieved on the track as well as off the track. Let's start when with when was the first international competition you competed in? Secondly, when did you get your MD? How many years did you (mal)practice? How did you get fired?

i think i'll keep my interaction with root vegetables down to boiling them & served with a dash of french mustard...
eldrick