Is Pauline Davis a double olympic champion now?

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Is Pauline Davis a double olympic champion now?

Postby liuxuan » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:40 am

how unusual lol! and im so excited that merlene wll get another olympic medal, looks like she got pipped for gold by 1/100th of a second yet again!!!

oh well, its a good day for track and field!
    liuxuan

Re: Is Pauline Davis a double olympic champion now?

Postby peach » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:27 am

liuxuan wrote:how unusual lol! and im so excited that merlene wll get another olympic medal, looks like she got pipped for gold by 1/100th of a second yet again!!!

oh well, its a good day for track and field!

Yes, another medal for Merlene it would seem and Pauline Davis takes a gold...quite ridiculous when you think about it but utterly wonderful

Still, let's just say if they do revise the results, it's not going to be THAT great a day when you see the 100m result...
      peach

Merlene Ottey

Postby wkramer » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:59 am

Do not forget that Merlene Ottey is another cheater - she only got away because officials were not able to calculate.
      wkramer

Re: Is Pauline Davis a double olympic champion now?

Postby Mennisco » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:21 pm

peach wrote:
      Yes, another medal for Merlene it would seem and Pauline Davis takes a gold...quite ridiculous when you think about it but utterly wonderful

Still, let's just say if they do revise the results, it's not going to be THAT great a day when you see the 100m result...

The psychotic Greek skank will ride naked on a Harley through the streets of Athens, flaunting her gold medal for the Athenian throngs......

Last edited by Mennisco on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
      Mennisco

Is Pauline Davis a double Olympic Champion?

Postby rasb » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:31 pm

That's a good Canadian breeze blowing in that shot, Menn...
      I hate that :lol:
      rasb

Postby Mennisco » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:34 pm

And he's telling her how scintillating the tzatziki is in Chicago.....
      Mennisco

Postby Jaack » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:15 am

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/071007/Sports/sp218.html

Shoddy journalism. Block won the 200m in AThens 1997, there won't be any gold for Sri Lanka!

If anyone finds any quotes from Pauline, or Marions relay buddies- please post!
      Jaack

Postby peach » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:34 am

The UK Papers don't HAVE decent journalism when it comes to athletics. It's just the ones who didn't want to go to a footie match this weekend that write about it.

A couple of weeks ago, I forget which paper it was in now, but athletics "expert" of the day was happily quoting "Top female athlete Paula Ratcliffe"
      peach

Re: Merlene Ottey

Postby Mats Nilsson » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:49 am

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
      Last edited by Mats Nilsson on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      Mats Nilsson

Postby Flumpy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:53 am

peach wrote:The UK Papers don't HAVE decent journalism when it comes to athletics. It's just the ones who didn't want to go to a footie match this weekend that write about it.

It's not from the UK Times. I'm guessing it's a Sri lankan paper.
      Flumpy

Postby Flumpy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:57 am

Mats Nilsson wrote:
      wkramer wrote:Do not forget that Merlene Ottey is another cheater - she only got away because officials were not able to calculate.

What do you mean man? She did test positive and served her punishment right? What was it nandrolone...?

Oh ignore him. He's been PM'ing me informing me that Merlene and Linford where also customers of BALCO. I have no idea whether this is true or not but I think I'll wait for more definitive proof than some newby on T&FN before i take it as gospel.

Anyway I don't count nandrolone +ive's a proper drug test failures. It clearly had more to do with dodgy supplements than deliberate cheating.
      Flumpy

Postby liuxuan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:02 pm

Flumpy wrote:
      Mats Nilsson wrote:
      wkramer wrote:Do not forget that Merlene Ottey is another cheater - she only got away because officials were not able to calculate.

What do you mean man? She did test positive and served her punishment right? What was it nandrolone...?

Oh ignore him. He's been PM'ing me informing me that Merlene and Linford where also customers of BALCO. I have no idea whether this is true or not but I think I'll wait for more definitive proof than some newby on T&FN before i take it as gospel.

Anyway I don't count nandrolone +ive's a proper drug test failures. It clearly had more to do with dodgy supplements than deliberate cheating.

lol, yeh, shes been making monthly trips to glasgow for 5 gram bags of coke too!
      liuxuan

Postby Mennisco » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:20 pm

liuxuan wrote:
      lol, yeh, shes been making monthly trips to glasgow for 5 gram bags of coke too!

She clearly does not know how to play pool.
      Mennisco