Marion to plead guilty to doping!

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Postby eldrick » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:07 am

Mats Nilsson wrote:Take a look at Calvin's body...T.I.N.Y. Add his persona to the mix and the likelihood of him using anabolic steroids are slim next to nothing. It would be like accusing Carolina Kluft of roiding.

you know well enough that appearance is no basis of deciding drug-use : the ddr women sprinters weren't big - the philosophy behind their regime was to strengthen up with drugs, but not add bulk up

a "tiny" athlete coud be just applying same principles - get 10 - 20% stronger with drugs, but restrict protein intake to keep weight constant
eldrick

Postby paddyb » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:10 am

eldrick wrote:
Mats Nilsson wrote:Take a look at Calvin's body...T.I.N.Y. Add his persona to the mix and the likelihood of him using anabolic steroids are slim next to nothing. It would be like accusing Carolina Kluft of roiding.

you know well enough that appearance is no basis of deciding drug-use : the ddr women sprinters weren't big - the philosophy behind their regime was to strengthen up with drugs, but not add bulk up

a "tiny" athlete coud be just applying same principles - get 10 - 20% stronger with drugs, but restrict protein intake to keep weight constant

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks eldrick.
paddyb

Postby Mats Nilsson » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:42 am

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by Mats Nilsson on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mats Nilsson

Postby eldrick » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:18 am

mats

i said nothing about steroids not working, but them having different efficacy :

a) stanzolol/turinabol/etc - dynamite anabolic effect ( i'm sure you'll get your 20% strength improvement there with no added bulk ) - full agonists

b) THG - moderate anabolic effect ( iirc, gestrinone is a partial agonist & hydrogenating it was to make it undetectable - it won't make it a full agonist ( the hydrogenation occurs at the other end of the molecule from the "anabolic receptor insertion" part ) ) - no matter what dose you take of a partial agonist, you won't get the anabolic effect of a decent dose of the above

c) growth hormone is not an anabolic steroid - it's not a steroid, but an anabolic polypeptide with no steroid structure - it has anabolic effects, but not anywhere as effective as a) ( imo )

anecdotally from reading on the web, i'd rate their anabolic effect of a) far greater than the other 2 ( which of the other 2 has better anabolic effects, i have no idea - little data to go on )

as for your protein-restriction, i assume you mean it has to be restricted in chronic renal failure in order to reduce urea production
eldrick

Since my thread with the end of the story was deleted from

Postby MattMarriott » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:49 pm

Since my thread with the end of the story was deleted from trackandfieldnews.com, here a link to other sites where you still can read it:
http://www.goldismoney.info/forums/show ... p?t=185209
http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3449
http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=72214
http://engforum.pravda.ru/showthread.ph ... did=204163
MattMarriott

Re: Since my thread with the end of the story was deleted fr

Postby tafnut » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:35 pm

MattMarriott wrote:here a link to other sites where you still can read it:

This is too good to pass up - from one of the links MattM provides:
IAAF to Consider Investigating Sprinter Jones (campaign to destroy natural sport continues) Washington Post, Page D10 ^ | December 4, 2004

[bolding and underlining provided by me to emphasize the terrible unfairness of the Illuminati hounding poor Marion. ]
tafnut

Previous