Godina's positive spin

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Godina's positive spin

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:39 pm

John Godina has the only answer to prevent the destruction of the sport: clean athletes publically embracing the investigation in the media.
Instead of worrying about spin, just hail the uncovering as needed and welcome every time the media asks what you think about it. Get them to think of it as a positive, which it really is beyond the guilty.

Re: Godina's positive spin

Postby drbop » Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:01 pm

An interesting exercise for fans of the sport is to review the number of times (in major competition such as US, Worlds, or OG) that John Godina has lost to athletes who have later tested positive for banned drugs. If you include athletes who had previously tested positive but been reinstated, it covers just about every major meet he has lost! Note also that John tends to throw at or near his seasonal best in the big meets when many other throwers are off by several feet.
drbop

Postby Donley » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:41 am

Just to keep this thought alive I did a quick scan of all the folks that have added a mark to Peter Larsson's awesome all time list at http://www.algonet.se/~pela2/athletics/mshotok.htmsince 1989 (the advent of random out of competition testing).
I came up with 28 names. Seven of those folks according to my 2003 ATFS annual have had a doping suspension at one time or another. If Godina is clean (and I for one hope that is true) then it is absolutely not a surprise that he would be happy to see the sport cleaned up. He only made the Olympic team in 2000 (were he got the bronze) because CJ Hunter got busted.
Donley

Postby stevehj197 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:26 pm

Donley, I can't pull up that Larsson website; are you sure you typed it in correctly ?
stevehj197

Postby stevehj197 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:36 pm

figured it out; you included "since" in the citation in error. Typed in manually then no problem.
stevehj197