USATF

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

USATF

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:34 am

I see that the USATF is going to crack down on drug users. Yeah right! Talk about the worst organization in sport and there it is. Maybee they ought to have like body building. 2 leagues Drug and non-drug. Track and field is in a sorry state.

Re: USATF

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:34 am

We already have the records of the Drug Division....I wonder what the records of the non-drug users be???????????

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:46 am

impossible to find the non-drug records. as long as there is glory and money to be had there will be drug users. maybe tests will improve things, but not totally. drugs are a product for training and some athletes will just come off the drugs sooner and appear "clean" on tests.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:46 pm

Does anyone who is really knowledgeable about track believe that any of the world records, especially the women's (10.49, 1:53, 2:15,... ), are legitimate? Hopefully not! The testing procedures are a joke! The USATF, IAAF & IOC need to move away from testing urine and blood and move towards hair and fingernail/toenail samples. Any athlete who feels that this is too invasive needs to be reminded that making millions of dollars is a privilege not a right!

Here is my solution for all the cheating athletes out there...if you have an absolutely uncontrollable urge to use performance enhancing drugs to secure money, fame, and power, then please stop trying to hide it and simply do what the governor of California did, take up bodybuilding!

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:29 pm

>We already have the records of the Drug
>Division....I wonder what the records of the
>non-drug users be???????????
Interesting. For the sprints and most throws, we'd have to go back decades. For the distances, at least the 5k and up, it's probaby 15 years or so.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:34 pm

Here is my solution for all the cheating
>athletes out there...if you have an absolutely
>uncontrollable urge to use performance enhancing
>drugs to secure money, fame, and power, then
>please stop trying to hide it and simply do what
>the governor of California did, take up
>bodybuilding!

They're already doing it - in the open - right on the straighaways in front of you, everytime you see high level sprints. heheheehehehehehe Think.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:50 am

Holdin....I get your point that all the sprinter look like A.S..... But my good friend and former college teammate D.Patton is the exception.... I can't even get the guy to take a damn One-A-Day....And he is skinny as hell but I quess thats why he came up 1 hundred of a second short in the 200 at the worlds....BTW did you see the guy that won the race????????????/