Calvin, Chryste, Regina; oh. my!

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Calvin, Chryste, Regina; oh. my!

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:17 am

What a mess we have. You've probaly already heard of Dwain Chambers and Kevin Toth testing positive for THG, and Calvin Harrison's test for modafinil; but now there are reports saying that Chryste Gaines (!) came up positive for modafinil, and Regina Jacobs (?!) among 4 unnamed U.S. athletes for THG.

By God, I hope they're wrong on both counts. But stay tuned, ladies and gentlemen. Pretty soon, there'll be no one left to run in this sport.

Re: Calvin, Chryste, Regina; oh. my!

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:42 pm

really, by reading the other threads already started -- we already know this (do people really read these boards or do they just like starting their own topics?)

Re: Calvin, Chryste, Regina; oh, my!

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:34 pm

My bad. I've been WAY too busy over the last week, and I just found out about these three.

Postby Bob Duncan » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:32 pm

And who is the Wicked Witch? Conte? Could it be...Satan?!
Bob Duncan

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:29 pm

I think that all US track and Field Athletes are taking some kind of stimulant drugs. It just makes a lot of sense that a country which is known for the drug capital of the world will also contain the drugged atheles capital of the world. Don't you agree? If these drug testing athletings don't participate in competitions, athletes from Bangladesh and Pakistan will probably out run these western athletes.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:14 am

Julius, you are an idiot.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:48 pm

<I think that all US track and Field Athletes are taking some kind of stimulant drugs. It just makes a lot of sense that a country which is known for the drug capital of the world will also contain the drugged atheles capital of the world. Don't you agree? If these drug testing athletings don't participate in competitions, athletes from Bangladesh and Pakistan will probably out run these western athletes.>

julius take your iq of 50 and move to pakistan then !

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:24 pm

<I think that all US track and Field Athletes are taking some kind of stimulant drugs. It just makes a lot of sense that a country which is known for the drug capital of the world will also contain the drugged atheles capital of the world. Don't you agree? If these drug testing athletings don't participate in competitions, athletes from Bangladesh and Pakistan will probably out run these western athletes.>

This is so wide off the mark, it has to be an attempt to "rile up" US supporters. Surely if this were a serious message, other countries but Bangladesh and Pakistan would have been selected? Except for Muhammad Iqbal (a hammer thrower from way back when), I cannot think of one athlete from these two countries who was somewhat of a contender at any (Asian/Commonwealth) championship for the past ~50 years.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:32 pm

<Except for Muhammad Iqbal (a hammer thrower from way back when), I cannot think of one athlete from these two countries who was somewhat of a contender at any (Asian/Commonwealth) championship for the past ~50 years.>

Correction - I should have left out the Asian Championships. I do not follow these closely, and perhaps athletes from Pakistan or Bangladesh have won medals there.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:57 pm

US high schoolers will win almost all events if they competed at most of the these countries' nationals (India, pakisthan, Bangladesh et al.).

Rarely do the winners of the nationals in these countries run under 10.4s for 100 (M), 11.4s (W); 21.5, 23.0s; 46s,53s etc.. etc..