Michael Johnson's take on Dwain...

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Michael Johnson's take on Dwain...

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:28 am

It's good to see that some of the greats like MJ are finally giving their opinion on this matter. Here's what he said in British press:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_ ... 213615.stm

Re: Michael Johnson's take on Dwain...

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:31 am

What he said:

<<"If anything the victims are the people who ran the 100m relay at the World Championships with him - Darren Campbell and the other guys.

"They stand to lose their medals and prize money - whenever someone is found to have been using performance enhancing dugs, whether knowingly or not, people lose out."

What he was really saying:
<<"If anything the victims are the people who ran the 400m relay at the World Championships with [Jerome Young] - Michael Johnson and the other guys.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:42 am

Come on, leave Mike alone. Why are you calling him a hypocrite? What wrong has he ever done? All he's saying is that when someone cheats there's a trickle-down effect and more people are affected than the person guilty of doping or cheating.

For example: In Paris, in addition to the relays, the individual 100m might have been different if Dwain were not there...we can't redo the past, but it might have altered the final outcome and the way the heats were drawn, etc. There's just so much that it affects.

So I don't see why Mike should be called a hypocrite.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:45 am

Please dis regard the last post...I made a mistake...you didn't call him hypocritical...

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:08 am

I'm interested in seeing if MJ speaks out against any Nike athletes that test positive.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:37 am

You damn betcha I was calling him a hypocrite, althought that is not exactly the right word; but I'm not sure what is. Perhaps "disingenuous"? Crying crocodile tears for Darren Campbell when it's own Sydney 4x4 gold that he's most concerned about.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with feeling that way (who wouldn't?), but be a man about it and say so up front sted of creating an analogy that goes unrecognized as such..

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:11 pm

Somewhere, quite possible in a freezer in Montreal (home to the anti-US crusader Dick Pound) is a sample on most anyone going back to Atlanta.

Science has we have recently seen, while always a half step behind, may now or soon may be able to find what may have gone undiscovered back in the day.

I am not qualified nor do I wish to call out anyone, just offering the question "Do you know where your sample(s) are?"

My uneducated guess is that frozen samples could prove to be the yellow underbelly, below the tip of the iceberg we currently see.

Postby TripleJumper2 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:12 pm

yeah coach: one day the whole story will soon come out...and hopefully there will not be the scapegoat BJ story, but all the real deal.
TripleJumper2

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:03 am

It would also be good if he spoke up about the 4 x 400 relay team of which he and an "unnamed athlete" who tested positive for nandrolone were a member. He is supposed to have said that he will not give back his gold medal!

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:07 pm

I don't think he will comment further on the mess that involves his relay team. Plus he's too busy these days 'analyzing' people's careers!

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:15 pm

>Somewhere, quite possible in a freezer in
>Montreal (home to the anti-US crusader Dick
>Pound) is a sample on most anyone going back to
>Atlanta.

I wish that were true. Right now, it's the old pot calling the kettle black routine.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:51 am

i just read an article that they have piss from the 1984 olympics in the freezer....

that'd be a fun test to redo as our testing skills continue to improve with the recent antidrug push

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:51 am

i just read an article that they have piss from the 1984 olympics in the freezer....

that'd be a fun test to redo as our testing skills continue to improve with the recent antidrug push

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:56 am

Any one interesting in starting a petition to get those old drug tests results(most interesting in 1996) retested....I quess it wouldn't really matter since they still can't catch HGH cheaters.....

Postby abinferno » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:07 am

>Any one interesting in starting a petition to get
>those old drug tests results(most interesting in
>1996) retested....I quess it wouldn't really
>matter since they still can't catch HGH
>cheaters.....

Sure they can, just look for the 30 year old athletes wearing braces.
abinferno

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:32 pm

Hmmm...well all except one. I think he has a new set of teeth!

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:23 am

C'mon Michael, Regina's B sample tested positive. I dare you to speak out against her.

Postby MJD » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:12 pm

Here is Charlie responding to some of the stuff MJ has been saying:

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community ... php?t=3743

Hmmm-another board with an edit function.
MJD

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:26 pm

>>Hmmm-another board with an edit function.>>

Also one that requires registration: nobody gets my data.

Postby MJD » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:36 pm

>>>Hmmm-another board with an edit
>function.>>

Also one that requires
>registration: nobody gets my data.

Well here is the article detailing Charlie's take but it doesn't quite do some of what he says justice having gone and looked.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,86 ... 18,00.html

A snippet(respecting copyright):

"Through his diatribes, we've learned that he hates Marion, he hates Mo, he hates the IAAF, and, it seems, anyone he doesn't hate, he deems incompetent.
His answer now? Get rid of half the events in the sport. If the sport really needs to get rid of anything to move forward- perhaps there's another place to start."
MJD

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:54 pm

MJ's nothing but a hypocrite. Who cares what his take is?

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:44 pm

Amen on the MJ comment....But your post will be pulled by Hitler....You can't talk about people like that...What do you think that you were in America or something....Free Speech only exist in your mind....it truely doesn't exist here.....but you can speak your mind on the IAAF board (IAAF.org)or on Dyestat.com....my friend....see you later.....

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:53 pm

ABinfero........I know a whole bunch of grown women and men with those braces.... I always wondered what the heck was going on......Many former Olympic champs and runner ups.... I would name...names but the runners of this board are too gently heart....But you know just like the sleep disobers that we now have....I guess many of our athletes just have bad teeth you think????

Postby michael lewis » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:14 pm

"Well here is the article detailing Charlie's take"

"MJ complains that the IAAF doesn't kowtow to the TV networks even more, yet it is the TV-driven false start rule change that has destroyed the sport's premier event - the 100m"
(Francis quote from the aforementioned article)

More typical cf hyperbole and another gross non sequitur.
michael lewis

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:04 pm

>ABinfero........I know a whole bunch of grown
>women and men with those braces.... I always
>wondered what the heck was going on......Many
>former Olympic champs and runner ups.... I would
>name...names but the runners of this board are
>too gently heart....But you know just like the
>sleep disobers that we now have....I guess many
>of our athletes just have bad teeth you think????

Yeah, some of the biggest complainers about drugs have gotten braces late in life. A few of the smart ones get the 'invisible' braces. It's all a crock, and MJ is definitely a hypocrite.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:08 pm

<Free Speech only exist in your mind.<<

you dont have one anyway so why bother ?

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:21 pm

Free Speech only exist in your mind.>>

i hate idiotic comments like that or like the one that hitler will bounce you of the board.
the people moderating this board do not the national enquirer type of attitude accuse anyone for anyting or hate mongers that will defame anybody just because they hate them. the board moderators dont like baseless accusations from people that just behind so dopey nickname. if you are a real man use your name and facts next time.