Thanou's comeback

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Postby AthleticsInBritain » Fri May 16, 2008 9:09 am

One of my favourite female sprinters was from the 80s. Now, there was never any suspicion and she certainly never tested positive and has always strenuously denied any PED use so I will naturally name no names. However, the lady had a moustache ...
AthleticsInBritain

Postby nevetsllim » Wed May 28, 2008 2:27 pm

peach wrote:I think Michelle and Ekaterini were my all time favourites...

Whilst Michelle & Regina were quite obvious, I think the Greek's constant "Oh she's injured but will try for the Champs anyway..." bleating is what got me. I hope this is the end of Ekaterini- seems hard to believe it was the last Olympics that we finally got rid of her...

Just thinking about European sprinting in general and in NO WAY INSINUATING ANYTHING, NO SIREE, I wonder if Nesterenko will be making an appearance to defend her title ?

She's actually on the start-lists for Oslo along with Kim Gevaert, Sheri-Ann Brooks and...Merlene Ottey!!
nevetsllim

Postby peach » Thu May 29, 2008 6:37 am

Sorry, I really should just Google obvious things- FOUND EM

Oh and in Ekaterini news...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic ... 424741.stm

"It's been six or seven years since I achieved my peak performance, so I will not be able to reach that level again."

FUNNY that, considering all your DRUG connections seem to have been BUSTED and you know that you won't get away with another motorcycle accident, eh ?
peach

Postby nevetsllim » Thu May 29, 2008 6:42 am

peach wrote:Oslo loves Merlene...YAY !

Where are said startlists ? I wouldn't mind a skwizz...

But how "interesting" to see Nesterenko back. I wonder what this year will bring for her... *bites tongue*

http://www.bislettgames.com/english/index.html

On an off-topic note, are they really going to have 23 starters in the 3000m steeplechase? :shock:
nevetsllim

Postby Flumpy » Sat May 31, 2008 3:33 am

Interestingly Nawal El Jack is doing the 800m and Genzebe Dibaba is entered for the 5000m.

BE AFRAID!!!
Flumpy