Graham Charged In BALCO II

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Postby kevin_saylors » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:23 pm

high knees wrote:
bad hammy wrote:
Speedbuff wrote:Eldrick seems to be in total denial regarding what may possibly be revealed about Marion's career in the future.

You forget. Her real career in T&F is in the past, circa 2000.

Actually, Marion hasn't PR'd in her signature events (100/200m) since 1998! Nearly ten years w/o a PR (400 pr in 2000) and we're still debating about her career, plus the fact that no one (US or otherwise) has run faster since. That either shows a) how far women's track and field has fallen, or b) how much it's been cleaned up (or how doped up it was, take your pick).

Or, c) How much that Altitude actually affects sprint events. Marion's PRs in the 100 and 200 were both set in Johannesburg, at significant altitude (~1750m).

Kevin
kevin_saylors

Postby eldrick » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:27 pm

pv22' wrote:
eldrick wrote:
high knees wrote:Actually, Marion hasn't PR'd in her signature events (100/200m) since 1998! Nearly ten years w/o a PR (400 pr in 2000) and we're still debating about her career, plus the fact that no one (US or otherwise) has run faster since. That either shows a) how far women's track and field has fallen, or b) how much it's been cleaned up (or how doped up it was, take your pick).

since random testing has been around since '89 & i don't recall any announcement of hugely more amount of it from precisely '98 onwards, then i'll take the former...

( anyhows, inger ran within 0.01s of marion's pb in '99 final with a fantastic run - she was a "proper" 200 runner & with no injuries in '00, she may have progressed to a 21.6 )

Ill go with B,final answer...

i'm amazed you settled for that !

i was expecting the "legendary"

z

eldrick

Postby gh » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:47 am

this thread has outlived its usefulness as a news vehicle, and is sliding off into innuendo. So it's off to the graveyard.
gh