WADA's Pound says 'it aint over'

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Postby Clive » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:05 am

Indeed. If this is the case, why doesn't he consider reopening the cases of Bernard Lagat, Olga Yegorova, et. al.? He can't have it both ways.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well said. No-one did anything but cheer when Lagat's 'B' sample was negative.....formerly a 3:26 athlete who lingers around 3:32 nowadays.
Clive

Postby Jon » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:21 am

Clive wrote:No-one did anything but cheer when Lagat's 'B' sample was negative.....formerly a 3:26 athlete who lingers around 3:32 nowadays.
I agree with the basis of what you're saying (i.e. pointing out people's hypocrisy), but the stats you use are a bit non-representative. It's not like he was a consistent 3:26 athlete before. His second-fastest ever time was in 2004 (after the drug test fiasco), and he has churned out 3:29s both this year and last. He has slowed by three seconds since he set his 3:26, which (keeping in mind the toll that age takes) isn't all that bad - certainly not enough to indicate anything untoward was going on during the time of his positive 'A' test.

And, of course, he has improved massively in the 5000m since his 'A' positive, which is enough to dispell any 'evidence' of his form dropping post-2003.
Jon

Postby eldrick » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:36 am

he beat el g in that zurich race in '04 with a 3'27, which you coud always argue coud have been another 3'26 performance as he basically just followed el g around & kicked off him in the stretch - perhaps he coud have gone 3'26 if he'd kicked at the bell

so you coud argue for 3'26 shape in '01 & '04 with the epo nonsense in '03
eldrick

Postby Clive » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:32 am

Fair enough - your stats are valid and I stand corrected!
Clive

Postby MJD » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:27 am

eldrick wrote:
EPelle wrote:
eldrick wrote:
EPelle wrote:eldrick: "bak then" and "today" tip the reader that Conte is discussing two periods of time: the steroid-era and 2003-november. He was not discussing 2001 when he stated "today".

no

you are talking nonsense

ON APRIL 21, 2001, I was sitting in an Embassy Suites hotel room in Covina, Calif., about a foot away from Marion Jones. The next day, she was going to try to break the world record in the 300 meters. It was her first competition of the 2001 season, and we were both excited.

We'd had a lot of success since the previous August, after I'd arranged for her to receive various performance enhancers, including The Clear, a steroid that later became famous as THG, and nutritional supplements. She was on all of it at the 2000 Games in Sydney, when she won three gold medals and two bronzes.

eldrick, Conte was discussing with the article:s author in 2003 that he, Victor Conte, was sitting with Marion Jones back in 2001. When someone says the word, "today" to you, do you not generally accept that as being the 24-hour period in which you find yourself, or in a time era concerning this? I do, and believe what I am reading, namely that in 2003 no one could get away with doping to that extent.

pel

your brains seems to have imploded

that allegation states she was on thg in '00/'01 - the era i'm interested in

what more nonsense are you going to come up with ?

Bumpity-bump. el, seriously, give it a rest over on the current board. You are losing all cred on everything else you post about. At least a few people have admitted they were duped. You were not only duped but attacked people on the way.
MJD

Postby EPelle » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:51 am

eldrick wrote:all i want to know is answer to 1 simple question :

what charges are the feds contemplating bringing against marion ?

You:ve gotten your answer. Nothing left for you to discuss. Move along.
EPelle

Previous