Kelli White's 200m test sample....

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Re: Interesting comments on Kelli, UT perspective

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:42 pm

How many of you find it ironic that Kelli tested positive(supposedly) in France? Didn't she have some kind of positive there last year or the year before? Something smells! Isn't it funny that she has never tested positive anywhere else? Plus if they strip her of her 200 gold after she tested negative they have no guts or balls.

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:54 pm

"they have no guts or balls."

We ARE talking about the French, aren't we? Doh!

Re: Kelli White's 200m test sample....

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:10 pm

>>I think it
>clearly demonstartes that drug
>testing is merely
>a craps shoot.

In other
>words, a negative means nothing as far as whether
>or not an athlete is on drugs.>

Eggsactly.

Which is why the testing is a waste of time.

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:28 pm

Thank you, Michael Lewis. Yes, I AM accusing the IAAF of blatant hypocrisy in their apparent unwillingness to not address there own backyard with the PROVEN drug use in the DDR during the '60-'80s. Anyone ever heard of State Plan 1425???? A big expose was done on a major US media outlet a few years ago. I still have a copy of it. I've also read umpteen zillion newsbriefs of the trials that went on during the '90s of former DDR officials who administered steroids to CHILDREN as young as 11-12. Many women's lives have been permanently damaged by these officials. Does the IAAF say a word publicly???? HELL NO! It would upset their little applecart if the true history of MASSIVE, STATE-SPONSORED drug use were to become widely known throughout the general public. It would cause sponsors to ditch their little sponsorship deals. The sport, particularly in Europe, would tank if the IAAF were to publicly reveal what they know, when they knew it, and the pervasiveness of drug use for decades throughout all countries, particularly those in Europe where state-sponsored programs have been common in the past few decades.

The words TRUTH and IAAF should never, NEVER be used in the same sentence together unless to point out that the IAAF knows the TRUTH but will never reveal the TRUTH. Damned hypocrites. I spit on them.

Kurt

Postby Randy Treadway » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:44 pm

Hey Kurt, what are you taking to stimulate saliva production?---You've been doing a lot of spitting lately!

...just kidding :)))
Randy Treadway

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:28 pm

Natural hormones, man, natural hormones :)

Postby JRM » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:37 pm

>How many of you find it ironic that Kelli tested >positive(supposedly) in France? Didn't she have >some kind of positive there last year or the >year before? Something smells!

I find it more interesting that she tested positive for a substance which, when mixed with the more recent "non-banned" positive, will allegedly produce overstimulation of the central nervous system.
JRM

Postby MJD » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:25 am

>I find it
>more interesting that she tested positive for a
>substance which, when mixed with the more recent
>"non-banned" positive, will allegedly produce
>overstimulation of the central nervous
>system.

I think that we may have just have hit on the key here. Didn't somone once say that the chemists will alwys be able to stay ahead of the testers?
MJD

Postby michael lewis » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:24 am

Hey Kurt I'd love to get a copy of that from you if you'd be willing. Let me know and maybe we could exchange emails and/or numbers.

Thanks
michael lewis

Postby MJD » Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:30 am

>according to the report it was given to
>her by a doctor (they even included his name and
>i am sure he is not happy about that due to
>confidentiality issues

The privilege protects the PATIENT not the doctor
and it would appear that she waived that privilege. This guy and his "research" is allegedly at the centre of this so let's shine a little light on him. Unless, of course, she is not telling the truth.
MJD

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:46 am

The reason IAAF haven't said much about former DDR's records are because they were done in the past and not now, I guess they don't want to bring attention to the fact that so many top-athletes were using drugs.

Regarding the white issue, the thing with the stimulant (or non-stimulant) is that whether or not she needed it (i.e got a doctor to provide her with the drugs) she still had the drug in her system when she ran the race which may have given her an advantage over the other sprinters no matter how small.
Would people accept someone who took 'just a pinch' of steroids to improve the time but he/she would have won anyway?

Regarding the possibility of several different supplements mixing and enhancing eachother. It is a truly frightening prospect since then drug-testing would be increadibly much harder to control when you have to double check all possible combinations and some of the supplements might even be legal. That increases the chance of getting away with drugs and would probably lead to a higher number of cheaters =(

Enough ramblings for now.

Postby michael lewis » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:07 am

"they don't want to bring attention to the fact that so many top-athletes were using drugs."

Precisely. A couple of comments:

1- If it's wrong it's wrong and the fact that it is wrong does not somehow mysteriously fade with time.

2- They haven't applied their interpretation of the rules consistently. Some athletes testified a year after Seoul in a Canadian inquiry into doping in sport, specifically Angella Issajenko, and she lost her world indoor 50m record, World Indoor Champs silver medal at 60m, and her name was stricken from IAAF championship results. DDR javelin thrower Ruth Fuchs admitted she used steroids and said she was not sorry, she wanted to win and she wasn't stupid she was going to do what was necessary. I imagine her gold medals are still in her home in Germany.

The IAAF is a joke and not a funny one.
michael lewis

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:32 pm

yeah...they got our lead-off leg on the me's team and our anchor leg on the women's team! very interesting............

Postby MJD » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:32 pm

>This morning's L.A. TImes quoted White as saying
>that she DID list a whole slew of stuff on the
>declaration form- a veritable warehouse of
>supplements and you-name-its.

Here's what else she said along those lines:

"Because it is not a medication I take every single day. … Because I took it so early in the day, I never thought to list it. After a competition, it hard to remember everything you've taken in a day."

Most people have that problem.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics ... robe_x.htm
MJD

Postby JRM » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:23 pm

"After a competition, its hard to remember everything you've taken in a day."

IF the list is *that* long (!), she should at least write it down somewhere (unless others shouldn't read it).
JRM

Postby RussJD » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:13 pm

If they classify this substance as a "stimulant," wouldn't it still be legal except in a certain concentration, like caffeine? And the IAAF will have to tell us what concentration is illegal, and what the concentration in her sample was.

Unless it's just a railroading and she is guilty of "running while American."
RussJD

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:41 pm

I have really been trying not to hate on Kelli White. She is a powerful runner with great potential, but when I look at all the possible reasons this could have happened, I come back to the same sad conclusion:

SHE DIDN'T DECLARE THE MEDICATION ON HER DOPING FORM.

Now I'm no world class athlete, although I do have fun dreaming about what could have been, but if this is a family condition that caused her to seek and review all medical options, don't you think she would have listed it on her doping form?
And if the medication is to prevent her from falling asleep in the blocks, then I think she'd remember taking it. It's also suspicious that it is only to be taken on an "as needed" basis. What's up with that? Now a wise track and field man explained to me that it's possible that it might be prescribed for those times when you want to be sure you don't fall asleep...which explains why she'd take it the morning of the big race. But it still doesn't explain why she didn't tell anybody about it.

It just makes me suspicious and I am a conspiracy theorist as it is. I do concede however that my theory has no merit if they're out to get her.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:33 pm

> I do concede however that my theory has no
> merit if they're out to get her.

Isn't that another conspiracy theory, then?

It seems that White and her troupe have a convenient "on the level" and pharmacologically sound excuse for why something happened WHENEVER THEY ARE CALLED ON IT!

Any world class athlete who pops a pill right before stepping on the track -- ESPECIALLY IF IT IS A STIMULANT AND THE RACE IS THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL! -- knows damn well that they have to notify the testers! What bullshit to claim ignorance of the testing procedures!

Why are the French responsible for the stupidity of American athletes?

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:57 pm

I personally know Kelly White . Her mother is one of my best freinds. Thus, knowing Kellys' character she would never knowingly do anything to undermine her chances of being the World Class athlete that she is. Please do not judge her!!!

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:01 pm

>I personally know Kelly White . Her mother is one
>of my best freinds. Thus, knowing Kellys'
>character she would never knowingly do anything
>to undermine her chances of being the World Class
>athlete that she is. Please do not judge her!!!

Nikki, if you know her so well, why do you spell her name incorrectly?

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:29 am

I fully agree with you! There are to many American athletes poppin pills and powders. It almost takes the sport out of sports

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:25 pm

russjd you are right !
it is all about politics and it is not cool to be an american right now in europe !

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:46 pm

>I personally know Kelly White . Her mother is one
>of my best freinds. Thus, knowing Kellys'
>character she would never knowingly do anything
>to undermine her chances of being the World Class
>athlete that she is. Please do not judge her!!!
I had heard that one of her parents' names is Willie White. I'd really like to know, is this her Mother or her father? Does she have any relation to a woman athlete, Willie White, former USA stellar long-jumper, who went to Tennessee State approx. 1960?

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:18 pm

for kw geneology check it out on the historical message board. search kelli white

Postby 6 5.5hjsteve » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:58 pm

I believe that lady HJ'er way back when spelled her name differently. Not at home so I can't look it up. Something like Whyte, and/or the Willie was weird too.
6 5.5hjsteve

Postby michael lewis » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:09 pm

Not that I'd put much money on CBC announcers for being track authorities, but they claimed Kelli's mother was Jamaican-born.
michael lewis

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:06 pm

Willie is Kellie's father. A great sprinter.

You are all so unkind. Kellie is going through her asthmatic-narcoleptic phase. It makes it tough to remember the rules.

What a bunch of excuse monkeys.

Postby DentyCracker » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:40 am

Her mother Debbie Byfield was on the Jamaican sprint relay team in Munich I believe
DentyCracker

Postby MJD » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:55 am

>Not that I'd put much money on CBC announcers for
>being track authorities...

Compared to whom exactly?? All of you people just have to turn to page 23 of the August TFN. Parentage is detailed.
MJD

Postby DentyCracker » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:48 am

Some people don't subscribe, including myself. I am living in the UK now but lived in Jamaica up to last year and will likely return home next year after Greece. I used to buy T&F news regularly at home but haven't since I have been able to get results quicker on the net. With the advent of eT&Fnews I may consider subscribing.
DentyCracker

Postby MJD » Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:52 pm

>russjd you are right !
it is all about politics
>and it is not cool to be an american right now in
>europe !

Just found another White apologist. What say you now? Given what happened to the french guy-not good to be a Euro either.
MJD

Postby MJD » Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:07 am

I realize this should be in another forum but...

>russjd you are right !
it is all about politics
>and it is not cool to be an american right now in
>europe !

Are we still going with that? If Calvin got caught, he got caught by a bunch of yanks.

>As far as studies have showed provigil or >midafinil has no performance enhansing >properties.

What are we going with here? These people are either getting bad advice or there really is an narcolepsy epidemic.
MJD

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:39 am

>As far as studies
>have showed provigil or >midafinil has no
>performance enhansing >properties.

No stuides have conclusively proven this! What the hell is going on here? Modafinil doesn't work to enhance performance, THG doesn't work to enhance performance. Explain this one to me. Either American athletes are stupid enough to pump themselves full or substances that do nothing other than shoot their careers in the foot by pumping themselves full of substances that can land them in hot water... or these things really do work after all.

Why is everyone suddenly leaping to the rescue of these wronged athletes --- again! This is no different than any other positive drug result from the last 10 years or so. Everyone is innocent. What a load of...

Re: Re: Interesting comments on Kelli, UT perspective

Postby Pego » Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:03 pm

<Either American athletes are stupid enough to pump themselves full or substances that do nothing>

Actually, Hulk, they do. A lot of this crap has no more than a placebo effect, starting with vitamins through all kind of non-sensical "diet supplements". Add to it chiropractic "treatments" and "diagnoses" of injuries and the answer to your question is a clear, yes there is a lot of superstition going on.
Pego

Next