Sun Yingjie fails doping test

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Postby bad hammy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:37 pm

piaba wrote:and you mean, no innocent person has ever been put to death in the US???

You gotta read through the entire thread. I already played the 'US criminal justice system has problem, too' card. MJD made it plain that his is not from the US. I believe he is Canadian, and their criminal justice system does not have most of these problems.
bad hammy

Postby EPelle » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:26 am

No innocent person has been put to death here in Sweden, because we have no death penalty. This, however, does not stop me from finding fault with the Chinese government.
EPelle

Postby Jon » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:56 am

It's official, Sun and her coach have been banned:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/4607174.stm
Jon

Postby MJD » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:20 am

"China is executing about 8,000 people every year, almost 20 times as many as the rest of the world combined, a new academic estimate suggests."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... rnational/

No, I have no faith in their legal system.
MJD

Postby Andrea_T » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:11 am

MJD wrote:No, I have no faith in their legal system.

Why, because you do not personally agree with execution as penal code or because you do not trust their legal system in making the right verdict as to whether someone is guilty?

Because a country has a strict penal code I do not think one should assume their legal system is unreliable.. Besides, who says this piece of academic research, I mean guesstimate, is reliable?

Maybe the alleged 8,000 are all murderers and rapists convicted fairly...who knows. What we do know is that Sun has been banned, so maybe that has given you a teeny bit of faith in their athletic adminstration, no?
Andrea_T

Postby Jon » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:25 am

As mentioned in passing on the IAAF website, Sun Yingjie's ban ends today.
Jon

Postby SQUACKEE » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:43 am

SQUACKEE wrote:i think her arms were tired from doin all the injections, hence the "running style" :wink:

If she comes back with her arms up then i am a super genius.
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby mojo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:13 am

SQUACKEE wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:i think her arms were tired from doin all the injections, hence the "running style" :wink:

If she comes back with her arms up then i am a super genius.

IF she comes back I want her to run with her arms in the "I surrender" position for a year! :twisted:

Wouldn't that make you a super super super genius...I am losing track of all the supers you have in front of your name. :roll:
mojo

Postby EPelle » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:16 am

Wouldn:t be so difficult to run with a small white flag in one hand. :wink:
EPelle

Postby nokick » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:41 pm

after reading through this thread...I am curious why GH has deemed this as inappropriate?

To be sure, I understand that TFN can be held liable for slander. And, especially in cases like Flojo where she can't defend herself--it just isn't fair.

And, in the 1980's--I subscribed to the magazine--got two editions--then, I somehow got Esquire for the remainder of the year. Oh well, no on is perfect.

I am just happy we all have a place to comment on our sport that we love.

Thank you TFN
nokick

Previous